Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

why are we just nown as healers?????

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 21, 2014
284
Intrepidatius on Apr 25, 2014 wrote:
I have to disagree with you. I have never seen a secondary school who can keep up with my heals. I have 147 outgoing heal combined with the right gear/pet. I'm sure a well-geared secondary school can do well, even attain "Elixir Vitae",but out-heal me? I will believe it,when i see it .
so tecnicly, a lets say pixie of 420 heal is like, i dunno, 1000 heal! nah just kidding but realy like how much?

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
848
lifedude2002 on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:
so tecnicly, a lets say pixie of 420 heal is like, i dunno, 1000 heal! nah just kidding but realy like how much?
My avg. pixie if it doesn't crit is usually around 2,500 on average.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
186
AmberRavenSong7 on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:
When you are is a school that others see as a support school, some will try to take advantage. For me, as a balance, its can you blade me? Constantly. Even from wizards who are 30 levels or more below me. The answer is simple. No, I'm sorry. or Sorry, not in hand. or I am out of those or just straight up No. It is`nice, and good teamwork, to support and aid when you can and when you wish to. But, if your enjoyment of the game is suffering then just say no. If they don't like it, who cares. Many of us will completely understand.

Amber Raven Song, Max Warlord
Agreed. Lately (over the past few months), I've seen many threads like this and I believe that Life wizards are starting to get the word out that they can do as much fighting as the next guy. However, the lower level life wizards do possess mostly healing spells, so I don't think it's completely fair to get mad at those who want healing. Life was created to be a healing school. With the progression of the game it started doing less and less of that, but it is still central to the idea of the school. I rarely get in team duels these days because life has become more powerful, but when I do I appreciate the fact that I can help the other players in my own way.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
32
I know exactly how you feel! Every single time my storm is in a battle; 'Stop shielding! Just hit.' 'Don't blade. Stop trapping. Just hit.' 'Don't heal! Just keep hitting them!'
I know storm is the strongest school, but apparently everyone thinks I'm some kind of unstoppable hitting monster that doesn't need to blade or trap and will hit 3,000 with a normal kraken. Excuse me, but no. I am not here to do all the killing for you, get bombarded with attacks, and expected not to heal or shield.
Especially while you just sit around doing nothing except shielding and healing yourselves when you lost 200 life. I have stopped fighting in a team because people use me to kill everything for them but don't do anything for me except say over and over; 'Keep hitting!'

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
103
Hi to everyone.

I have read just few comments so don't judge me lol.
In few comments i read about how some don't want to pass away blade, heal etc. I want to point out that
each wizard is able to battle alone but that takes time as we all know right? If you going in dungeon or
any place with more players you have to play as team if life rebirth is easy to get then for fire and storm
why should not be cast in first hand we all know dungeons are tricky when alone or without healing pet.
I personally don't command anyone cause if you can kill mobs your fine by me but some stuff gets easy if you know your focus of play for example storm can kill mobs fast wouldn't be wise to keep him with full health and blades for faster and better end of battle? I am not first myth wizard which got command of life wizard for spiral blades because believe me or not i saved hundred of life wizards from " death " just cause they waited for forest lord. I will say everyone has right to have their play and fun just if your in talking with your friends, jokes; personal talk etc. controling who does what is best way for less stressful game.

Don't go in battle with " I can do this " do as " We can do this " cause KI try to put us in teamwork why is there 4 places in front caves and houses in first place? lol ( unless you prefer solo )

Wish you all great gameplay, critical and no fizzle days lol

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
47
Leviathan 90 on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
I know exactly how you feel! Every single time my storm is in a battle; 'Stop shielding! Just hit.' 'Don't blade. Stop trapping. Just hit.' 'Don't heal! Just keep hitting them!'
I know storm is the strongest school, but apparently everyone thinks I'm some kind of unstoppable hitting monster that doesn't need to blade or trap and will hit 3,000 with a normal kraken. Excuse me, but no. I am not here to do all the killing for you, get bombarded with attacks, and expected not to heal or shield.
Especially while you just sit around doing nothing except shielding and healing yourselves when you lost 200 life. I have stopped fighting in a team because people use me to kill everything for them but don't do anything for me except say over and over; 'Keep hitting!'
everyone know how you feel no matter which of my 6 wizard I am on its either a kid probably 9-13 telling you what to do or a d bag pvp commander-warlord who think tht they are freaking jesus in pvp and know everything and bully you into using what they want you to use.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
186
I'm sure you don't relize this and I'm not judging anyone, but I'm fairly certain that everyone on this thread has stereotyped based on a school at some point during their wizarding career, whether they meant to or not. The fact is, Life was created for healing. Balance was created for trapping and all around attacks. Life was created for supporting with towers and stuns. I relize it's annoying to people and that it bothers me sometimes too, but if you're school is primarily meant for healing, then people will expect you to heal.

Explorer
Aug 14, 2012
77
KKoop3 on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
I'm sure you don't relize this and I'm not judging anyone, but I'm fairly certain that everyone on this thread has stereotyped based on a school at some point during their wizarding career, whether they meant to or not. The fact is, Life was created for healing. Balance was created for trapping and all around attacks. Life was created for supporting with towers and stuns. I relize it's annoying to people and that it bothers me sometimes too, but if you're school is primarily meant for healing, then people will expect you to heal.
I approve of this post. What I think is, yes, it IS annoying when people expect you to be there only for one thing if it's a random join for battle. On the other hand, if you're trying to get a team together for a dungeon or bane, etc., you need to think about the people you choose. Usually what I do when I get a group together for a dungeon is choose a hit wizard (fire or storm), a death wizard (me; I provide traps) a life wizard, (obviously, healing) and either myth, ice or balance for the things they best provide (minions; shields; and blades)
It just works that way. All the schools were made on purpose to support each other. If you're life, help with healing. If you're death, help with traps. If you're fire or storm, provide attacks. If you're myth, give minions; if you're ice, supply shields; and if you are balance, train for blades. Everyone helps each other. Of course, you can solo the game, but the main point of having a huge online player community is to work together.
This is just my opinion.

-Calamity Deathbringer, Legendary Necromancer

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
284
alot of you are right, if i was ment to heal, i will, and i think i am getting a bit overpowerd in the aspect of healing, i had a unicorn and with my healing boost and my minion we healed the entire team ( becasue we were all about to die ) and left them like if nothing ever happened. and everyone had 1000 and up of health

so i have made a list for all the "stereotypes" of each school

: "attack him!" " kill him quick!" dont heal just attack!"
: " shield me quick!" "dont attack just protect!" "make them target you since you are stronger!"
: "KILL HIM NOW!" ( sorry for the caps ) " dont blade or shield or trap! ATTACK!" ( again sorry but it sounds like if it was in caps)
: "heal!" "help me!" "dont attack, HEAL!" ( caps, sorry )
: "takes his shields now!" "use your minions please!" "get him!"
: " faint! now!" " traps please!" "attack him now!"
: " blade blade blade!" "use sandstorm!" "come on shield me!"

tell me if this hasent been said too you regardless of your school, i have seen all of this! especially for... um.... ALL OF THEM (sorry so much for all the caps)

isaac goldheart lvl 23 ninja master

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
284
Intrepidatius on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
My avg. pixie if it doesn't crit is usually around 2,500 on average.
holy guacamole! tooooooooo much heal, so maybe a minor blessing of 65 is like what, 500. and whats your school anyway?

isaac goldheart lvl 23 ninja master

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
103
lifedude2002 on May 1, 2014 wrote:
holy guacamole! tooooooooo much heal, so maybe a minor blessing of 65 is like what, 500. and whats your school anyway?

isaac goldheart lvl 23 ninja master
lol maybe with some boosts lol

I have 29 in/ 17 out and with Primordial when critical Pixie can do 1500.( for my myth character )
So you would need a lot of incoming heal and maybe Sanctuary +60 and perhaps Brilliant Light +40?
( i should add also Mend but i am not sure how much would it be )

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
284
Myth Jedi on May 2, 2014 wrote:
lol maybe with some boosts lol

I have 29 in/ 17 out and with Primordial when critical Pixie can do 1500.( for my myth character )
So you would need a lot of incoming heal and maybe Sanctuary +60 and perhaps Brilliant Light +40?
( i should add also Mend but i am not sure how much would it be )
just, wow. thats life at its best!

Defender
Apr 05, 2012
106
lifedude2002 on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:
why is life referd to this:

  • " can you heal me?"
  • " how many heal spells do you now?"
  • " do you have satyr?"
  • " i need heal!"
  • " heal heal heal!"
  • " life is only good for healing"
  • " dont atttack, just heal"
grrrr, it makes me have to cast billions of calm spells on myself to hear this that we only work for heal, i mean come on! i am proud of my school because it concentrates on healing and helping others, but why are we just that, to be honest if KI wants to make me stop wasting calm spells, make atleast the spells between lvl 95 and 115 for wiz moslty attack but good attack, not some low 800 ( corect me if i am wrong that this is a high attack for life) please! ( notice how in a while i change from mad to nice ) i mean come on! all my freinds think i am weak! well thank you for reading and paying attencion, have a nice day

-isaac goldheart lvl 23
life doesn't just heal now their getting nothing but attacks witch is good have a nice day

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
169
Since when?

When i go into a large fight, With what little resistance and high damage with an ice a life and a balance i expect the life to make sure the team isn't dying. You're not special, You need to help the team out. You can blade and attack when everything is going well.

Every school has unreasonable requests, But i really don't believe that being a team player is one.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
186
ellhae31 on May 1, 2014 wrote:
I approve of this post. What I think is, yes, it IS annoying when people expect you to be there only for one thing if it's a random join for battle. On the other hand, if you're trying to get a team together for a dungeon or bane, etc., you need to think about the people you choose. Usually what I do when I get a group together for a dungeon is choose a hit wizard (fire or storm), a death wizard (me; I provide traps) a life wizard, (obviously, healing) and either myth, ice or balance for the things they best provide (minions; shields; and blades)
It just works that way. All the schools were made on purpose to support each other. If you're life, help with healing. If you're death, help with traps. If you're fire or storm, provide attacks. If you're myth, give minions; if you're ice, supply shields; and if you are balance, train for blades. Everyone helps each other. Of course, you can solo the game, but the main point of having a huge online player community is to work together.
This is just my opinion.

-Calamity Deathbringer, Legendary Necromancer
Thank you for this response. I appreciate the recognition. I would also like to further this by saying that everyone on this thread should realize that Life was built for the exact thing that we are complaining about. For those who don't know, this isn't me just putting down Life wizards. My only wizard over level 30 to date is Life, and I appreciate his abilities. What this basically comes down to is what you are doing while in-game. If you do mostly soloing, then sure, people joining your battle and then begging for heals is annoying. However, if you are intentionally going some place with a group, then you should consider what your school was made for and try to live up to that.

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
284
:P perfect stereotype, like alot people say that i am "just healing" no offfense, but that was mean

Survivor
Mar 12, 2012
20
The truth is, the whole point behind the life school is healing, it wasn't created to be a powerful attacking school, it was created to be a supporting school that healed. Same goes for balance, balance is given a lot of spells meant to help best the damage of either themselves and other characters. The truth is, life and balance are great schools, and can attack when it's needed, but they are specifically made to be support schools, every school has an advantage and a weakness.

has heals, which attract enemies
has heals, but weaker attacks
has health steals, but that means their attacks are much weaker than usual
has minions and stuns, but they are limited by their lack of hit all spells
is very powerful but have very low amounts of health and resistance
deals a lot of damage, but most of it is dealt over time, making it less efficient
is a great tank, but they are much weaker than other schools

Every school has a function, and wizards of different schools need to work together to make the game as easy and fun as possible, so don't be annoyed at being called 'just a healer' or 'just a blader' that's pretty much the foundation your schools and its spells are based on.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2012
64
Life is like Storm kind of, storm is known for attacking so they are the attacking school. I have heard people tell me just attack don't heal yourself I have got you. Then I find out they are Myth and bam I am dead! They don't heal me and they can't save me! I have to call my cousin to help me!
- Cheyenne StormHunter level 57

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
103
DreamGalleon21154 on May 8, 2014 wrote:
Life is like Storm kind of, storm is known for attacking so they are the attacking school. I have heard people tell me just attack don't heal yourself I have got you. Then I find out they are Myth and bam I am dead! They don't heal me and they can't save me! I have to call my cousin to help me!
- Cheyenne StormHunter level 57
I pretty much solo all spiral but having great friends which will flee battle to help you like mine friends that doesn't have price. We are not perfect i sometimes discard reshuffle and battle get longer and i call all but i watch who i call cause you would not like to call best friend if he does his quests. Pick good friend mine are usually Storm friends and i am Myth lol. Some peoples just need time to learn friendship. Friendship isn't something you toss easy like shoes after soccer. I personal like to help they just say port i am already there i expect same from my friends you should also. If friend isn't there when you need one that is not friend i belive your nice storm wizard but sometimes cards don't fall as we hope.

Friendship is gold coin which you need to hold tight.
Wish you great future in Wizard101 Cheyenne and no fizzle days :)

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
405
lifedude2002 on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:
why is life referd to this:

  • " can you heal me?"
  • " how many heal spells do you now?"
  • " do you have satyr?"
  • " i need heal!"
  • " heal heal heal!"
  • " life is only good for healing"
  • " dont atttack, just heal"
grrrr, it makes me have to cast billions of calm spells on myself to hear this that we only work for heal, i mean come on! i am proud of my school because it concentrates on healing and helping others, but why are we just that, to be honest if KI wants to make me stop wasting calm spells, make atleast the spells between lvl 95 and 115 for wiz moslty attack but good attack, not some low 800 ( corect me if i am wrong that this is a high attack for life) please! ( notice how in a while i change from mad to nice ) i mean come on! all my freinds think i am weak! well thank you for reading and paying attencion, have a nice day

-isaac goldheart lvl 23
There hasn't been a single healing spell given to life wizards for 52 levels, now. I doubt anyone does this in the higher leveled worlds as much, now.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
27
It's simple, if you don't like life, don't be life, go be death because in death you can heal yourself but not others (Besides that one spell where you harm yourself and send that to your friend or you). As you progress you will get attack spells. Use some blades, traps, auroras, whatever. There you go you have a powerful Forest Lord or Gnomest or whatever you use. Secondly, say no. Third, find a team like I did with my life wizard, I'm level 28 in Mooshu. I leveled with a death and a myth wizard and we did fine.

Fallon Lotusleaf lvl.55 +
Science Center, Celestia

Cassandra Soulbringer lvl.28 +
Tataki Outpost, Mooshu

Survivor
Jul 08, 2013
30
xenbay on May 8, 2014 wrote:
The truth is, the whole point behind the life school is healing, it wasn't created to be a powerful attacking school, it was created to be a supporting school that healed. Same goes for balance, balance is given a lot of spells meant to help best the damage of either themselves and other characters. The truth is, life and balance are great schools, and can attack when it's needed, but they are specifically made to be support schools, every school has an advantage and a weakness.

has heals, which attract enemies
has heals, but weaker attacks
has health steals, but that means their attacks are much weaker than usual
has minions and stuns, but they are limited by their lack of hit all spells
is very powerful but have very low amounts of health and resistance
deals a lot of damage, but most of it is dealt over time, making it less efficient
is a great tank, but they are much weaker than other schools

Every school has a function, and wizards of different schools need to work together to make the game as easy and fun as possible, so don't be annoyed at being called 'just a healer' or 'just a blader' that's pretty much the foundation your schools and its spells are based on.
i agree with you listen everybody i understand how this is going on but i agree with xenbay

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
230
lifedude2002 on May 1, 2014 wrote:
alot of you are right, if i was ment to heal, i will, and i think i am getting a bit overpowerd in the aspect of healing, i had a unicorn and with my healing boost and my minion we healed the entire team ( becasue we were all about to die ) and left them like if nothing ever happened. and everyone had 1000 and up of health

so i have made a list for all the "stereotypes" of each school

: "attack him!" " kill him quick!" dont heal just attack!"
: " shield me quick!" "dont attack just protect!" "make them target you since you are stronger!"
: "KILL HIM NOW!" ( sorry for the caps ) " dont blade or shield or trap! ATTACK!" ( again sorry but it sounds like if it was in caps)
: "heal!" "help me!" "dont attack, HEAL!" ( caps, sorry )
: "takes his shields now!" "use your minions please!" "get him!"
: " faint! now!" " traps please!" "attack him now!"
: " blade blade blade!" "use sandstorm!" "come on shield me!"

tell me if this hasent been said too you regardless of your school, i have seen all of this! especially for... um.... ALL OF THEM (sorry so much for all the caps)

isaac goldheart lvl 23 ninja master
I've seen people actually threaten and harass if you use spells outside of those stereotypes. I'm glad for "ignore" and "realms". And this is also why I like solo-ing, or playing with close friends, or playing with people who have multiple wizards, or playing with people from fansites.

Defender
Aug 21, 2013
152
lifedude2002 on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:
why is life referd to this:

  • " can you heal me?"
  • " how many heal spells do you now?"
  • " do you have satyr?"
  • " i need heal!"
  • " heal heal heal!"
  • " life is only good for healing"
  • " dont atttack, just heal"
grrrr, it makes me have to cast billions of calm spells on myself to hear this that we only work for heal, i mean come on! i am proud of my school because it concentrates on healing and helping others, but why are we just that, to be honest if KI wants to make me stop wasting calm spells, make atleast the spells between lvl 95 and 115 for wiz moslty attack but good attack, not some low 800 ( corect me if i am wrong that this is a high attack for life) please! ( notice how in a while i change from mad to nice ) i mean come on! all my freinds think i am weak! well thank you for reading and paying attencion, have a nice day

-isaac goldheart lvl 23
I'm a balance wizard with life being my secondary. I have a friend that I quest with which recently expanded to three people. The life (new friend) and I help buff up the other friend (storm) and we also take care of heals. After a few rounds, BAM, massive attack and we move on. When I'm with them, I use a deck that has almost no attack spells in it, so that I can focus on assisting them (or whoever else I'm playing with). Was in the Galleries dungeon (near end of Khrysalis) and was in the first (sun) spot. Another player who had been trying to get through the dungeon had commented that despite the fact that we weren't going to be able to finish the dungeon (one player left before the battle started and another was obviously ready to leave), she said that I was the best 'tank' she had played with. I kept the heals and other stuff coming and she was quite impressed. As far as she was concerned, that was the best chance she had the entire day, with other times apparently being really bad.

Point being, go in with your role already in mind and make it known what you are bringing to the table. That way your school won't tell them your role. As a life wizard, of course you should bring plenty of heal with you to care for your fellow wizards, but only because it's a good idea to carry heal with you anyway. Also doesn't hurt if your outgoing heal is somewhat low with your attack and critical ratings a bit higher, so if someone looks at your stats, they'll know you're a hitter not a healer.

So don't let it bother you too much. Just be a tad more assertive and if someone only wants you as a healer (not by your choice), then just tell them that you can't help them. If they don't like it, that's their problem, not yours. (Not to sound harsh, but they aren't paying for you to play, so they can't decide your role in the game.)

Defender
Apr 21, 2012
100
Agree with Fangs McWolf. I am Balance, with secondary Death and Life. When I switch over to Life mastery, I am protecting my team. I have a range of heal options, and some pretty nasty hits I can throw. Between deciding whether to throw a hit or a heal? Blades and traps build pips. They can go on myself, or on others. If I see storm charged up for an attack? Feint the biggest threat. Someone just took aggro? Availing hands. Whole team? Rebirth.

Oh no, I have to build up pips again? Hex the weakest.

Its all about strategy. Strategy will depend on class, style, opponent, circumstances, you name it.

My motto? Balance understands all schools. Balance is a combination of all schools. The goal of balance is not only to hit, it is also to undo what your opponent has done. They blade? Throw weak. They trap? Then shield. They hit? Then heal.

Life wizards? They are natural healers. None better. Sadly, its taken advantage of. There is one life wiz friend of mine that throws a mean fluffy. Guess who had hex/feint/blades up for her. Guess who threw her an availing hands immediately after her attack (one survived , wasn't much left ) knowing full well she just earned the aggro factor?

All about strategy. Some life wiz do mostly heals. They see where their rebirth/satyr/fairy can totally undo an enemy attack. Remember Dragonspire? Attacking your opponents attacks is as important as building an attack yourself. Healing is merely another way to do just that.

Second wiz I made is life. I expect this stereotype will still exist.

Life wizards should not, I repeat, NOT be underestimated.