Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What Annoys You?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 14, 2012
Shannon Skybreaker on Mar 26, 2013 wrote:
In the game, what annoys you the most? I'd really like to hear your responses.
~Shannon Skybreaker
the labrith. they have so many bosses and its a dugeon

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
"Help with boss plz"

Instead of asking you BEFORE stepping into the boss circle, allowing you to optimize your gear and deck for the battle, they plunge right in, get down to 50 health, then ask.

You port to them, desperately trying to use the few seconds before engagement to optimize your deck and gear for this boss of theirs. But no, you are stuck with useless spells and gear against a boss essentially by yourself because now your buddy dies or (worse) flees.

*headdesk*

Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
1. Getting dragged into a battle.
2. (Mostly in DS) Having to fight eight enemies for a quest

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
wizards with way too much resist, i'm looking at you ice.
plus ice has tower and legion, the only things keeping judgement from being the most powerful spell in the universe! mwah ha ha.. i said that out loud didn't i? darn! i also don't like the loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong spell animations. srsly
there's much more i bet :P sorry ki

-gab ashcaller

Survivor
Nov 11, 2011
sparklez13222 on Mar 30, 2013 wrote:
i hate efreet
I love efreet you just jealous

Defender
May 03, 2009
Percy373 on Apr 18, 2013 wrote:
HMM.....
1. Defeat and Collect Quest...Seriously ain't nobody got time for that (Sorry I just had to do it lol)
2. Weakness
3. Death Ninja pig spell (*Glares with hatred*)
4. Over powered Ice wiards
5. Hot shot prometheans
6. Little kids playing the game
7. Pvp ranking..
8 Text Chat
9. People who join a battle andleave
10. People who join a battle when they have ike one health
11. Every other worlds besides Avalon
12. Crowns
13. The moderators of this game
14. Lagging
15. Crafting
16. Gear Drops
17. Annoying parents who play this game and are like "Don't say that"
18. Report spammers
19. Two faced friends who never nelp
20. Friend beggers
21. Long Dungeons
22. Dungeon Hoppers
23. Long Battles
24. Ice mobs
25. The fact that you no longer can get a spell if your the appropriate level
26. How Cheesy the NPC people are
Meh my study hall just ended. So yeah thats pretty much it so far.....
1) Lol, it never ends!
2) By the time you get to Celestia, weakness is just annoying
3) I haven't seen it lately. I think I'm lucky.
4) They're good when they help you, but yes, they are the reason I don't PvP
5) Hey! Not all of us are hot shots!
6) That's insulting to me, given that I'm 10
7) Yes, another reason I don't PvP
8) This saved me from being counted as 'one of those lame menu chatters'.
9) Yes, this is one of the troubles of Wizard101, I leave my ports off
10) I've never had this happen, so I don't know how to reply :P
11) Just like Von, I like Dragonspyre most, why do you hate WC, KT, MB, MS, DS, CL, ZF, and AZ?
12) I like crowns, they let me buy cool stuff!
13) Yet again, why?
14) This is troubling, but patience is a virtue
15) I think the stuff I get from crafting is great but really? HOW do they expect me to make to Spirit Caller Drums (or whatever they are called)
16) Why? I feed to my pet the useless stuff I get in Celestia-Azteca it must taste great because he gives me good rewards
17) Haven't run into that
18) Again, never run into one
19) I usually don't ask but they just say I'm busy, so I leave them alone, but never call them Two-Faced
20) None of my friends are beggars, but I see tons in the commons
21) Yes, very annoying
22)Yeah, super annoying :(
23) I had a 2-hour long battle in Azteca. Yikes!
24) Eh, I'd ask a friend for help or something
25) Never had that, though I see posts about it all the time
26) I skip their comments and just do the quest.

Okay!!
My only complaints:
1) The bosses in Azteca. The last boss I faced: 22,000 health. Your kidding right?
2) Avenging Fossil: No heal back and the overtime stinks

Okay see ya!

Scarlet Hawk
Promethean Necromancer
"Why? The world may never know."

Defender
May 03, 2009
Scarlet Hawk on May 3, 2013 wrote:
1) Lol, it never ends!
2) By the time you get to Celestia, weakness is just annoying
3) I haven't seen it lately. I think I'm lucky.
4) They're good when they help you, but yes, they are the reason I don't PvP
5) Hey! Not all of us are hot shots!
6) That's insulting to me, given that I'm 10
7) Yes, another reason I don't PvP
8) This saved me from being counted as 'one of those lame menu chatters'.
9) Yes, this is one of the troubles of Wizard101, I leave my ports off
10) I've never had this happen, so I don't know how to reply :P
11) Just like Von, I like Dragonspyre most, why do you hate WC, KT, MB, MS, DS, CL, ZF, and AZ?
12) I like crowns, they let me buy cool stuff!
13) Yet again, why?
14) This is troubling, but patience is a virtue
15) I think the stuff I get from crafting is great but really? HOW do they expect me to make to Spirit Caller Drums (or whatever they are called)
16) Why? I feed to my pet the useless stuff I get in Celestia-Azteca it must taste great because he gives me good rewards
17) Haven't run into that
18) Again, never run into one
19) I usually don't ask but they just say I'm busy, so I leave them alone, but never call them Two-Faced
20) None of my friends are beggars, but I see tons in the commons
21) Yes, very annoying
22)Yeah, super annoying :(
23) I had a 2-hour long battle in Azteca. Yikes!
24) Eh, I'd ask a friend for help or something
25) Never had that, though I see posts about it all the time
26) I skip their comments and just do the quest.

Okay!!
My only complaints:
1) The bosses in Azteca. The last boss I faced: 22,000 health. Your kidding right?
2) Avenging Fossil: No heal back and the overtime stinks

Okay see ya!

Scarlet Hawk
Promethean Necromancer
"Why? The world may never know."
Oh and I forgot:

3) The end key. Why did you choose that to be your go to Commons button? I'm always going to the commons whether I like it or not, just because I've misplaced my finger trying to go forward. It once happened in Waterworks! I had to walk back there just because of the end key.

K, I think I'm done complaining!

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
Percy373 on Apr 18, 2013 wrote:
HMM.....
1. Defeat and Collect Quest...Seriously ain't nobody got time for that (Sorry I just had to do it lol)
2. Weakness
3. Death Ninja pig spell (*Glares with hatred*)
4. Over powered Ice wiards
5. Hot shot prometheans
6. Little kids playing the game
7. Pvp ranking..
8 Text Chat
9. People who join a battle andleave
10. People who join a battle when they have ike one health
11. Every other worlds besides Avalon
12. Crowns
13. The moderators of this game
14. Lagging
15. Crafting
16. Gear Drops
17. Annoying parents who play this game and are like "Don't say that"
18. Report spammers
19. Two faced friends who never nelp
20. Friend beggers
21. Long Dungeons
22. Dungeon Hoppers
23. Long Battles
24. Ice mobs
25. The fact that you no longer can get a spell if your the appropriate level
26. How Cheesy the NPC people are
Meh my study hall just ended. So yeah thats pretty much it so far.....
1. True
2. It's a spell that weakens attacks and its not that brutal.
3. Agreed
4. Everyone. I have come to a conclusion and you might be shocked. I don't think Ice is overpowered anymore!
5. Hotshots? Are you saying that all prometheans are annoying and evil? Seriously?
6. That is such an insult to me! It's a kids game and you think I just go around and yell around screaming annoying little stuff? No. Stop being rude.
7. How does it annoy you?
8. What's wrong with Text chat? It's how the game communicates. We can't use open chat because then kids like us would hear swears.
9. Thank you for once someone agrees.
10. It's not their fault alright?
11. What are you talking about?! How is Dragonspyre terrible? Do you really think Wizard city is that hard?
12. It's how to get money bro.
13. Ha now that you said that they can ban you.
14. Lag is fine. It's not that bad. If it was making you skip a round that's bad.
15. Crafting I kind of agree with you there.
16. Its called farming.
17. Their parents would you stop making fun of people?
18. They get banned in the end. Keep up with the news.
19. I have no idea what you're talking about.
20. There are rarely any friends who do that to you.
21. You have to have time to do it. Dungeons are in like every single online game.
22. Dungeon hoppers? What do you expect? Us to be complete gods and destroy everything without dying?
23. What's wrong with long battles?
24. What are you even talking about? Ice mobs are not bad. It's just tower shield.
25. You have to level. Have you ever played a game?
26. Are you really making fun of online computer robots? Wow.
Yeah so this ends my rant.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
People who make fun of your gear for not giving you global resist and huge health, but are perfectly fine saying

"help i'm facing an X boss and I'm from X school and do not have any prisms in my deck"

and you go to them anyway so they can use you as a human howitzer to clear the room of same-school monsters. A boss you soloed without issue wearing your awful gear and using your awful wand.

lrn2deck. Great gear is great, but tighten up your play and you will get more mileage out of what you are wearing.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2011
Shannon Skybreaker on Mar 26, 2013 wrote:
In the game, what annoys you the most? I'd really like to hear your responses.
~Shannon Skybreaker
The fact we have potion to add more bric-a-brac but not more pets! For collectors it is a must to be able to have alot of pets in one place.Can someone please tell who is in charge to add this potion please .

Explorer
Mar 18, 2012
Getting pulled into battles when i'm in a hurry. I:

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
The guy who makes himself such a nuisance on one wizard that you ignore him. Then he gets online using a different wizard, whom you've friended but forgot they were connected, and demands to know why you blocked his other wizard.

Cheating bosses in Trial of the Spheres. Just as you're about to go to sleep, after a long day helping someone move, a friend asks for help "with a boss".

Four hours later, the birds are chirping outside and when you close your eyes, you can still see tower shields sliding into place BETWEEN ROUNDS.

Explorer
Mar 02, 2009
Efreet. So overpowered. I mean, the damage is already far over the Snow Angel/Skeletal Dragon/Forest Lord's. But the -90% Weakness makes it a PVP favorite, and for non-storm wizards without a Cleanse Charm, we have to wand and ignore all the blades we then lose.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
this annoys me when you save up your really super strong spell with the ring blades everything then it fizzles and when your in the middle of a quest and someone wants help but I don't mind though

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
Training a pet to mega and getting a selfish talent.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
purrfectgirl on Apr 28, 2013 wrote:
ok these are the things that annoy me the most
being called " child" and "young wizard"

when several people join my battle and I only need to defeat two of the monsters I am defeating

emergency sounding script during quests

the hall of ice ( I have to do it again and I have to do it again sometime)

having to go to the same person at almost every quest

noobs

weakness spell ( everyone has it)

gold houses don't have any secrets

you usually don't collect the things that you need on defeat and collect quests

ice bosses ( hey I'm ice! chose fire or something)

my life spells always fizzle

how hard it is to lvl up

seeing noobs dorms

people with menu chat that want to be my friend

people that want me to gift them (they keep on wanting to add me once I delete them)

people that say help! help! ah only got fourth health left port!

people in the commons that say " need a girl\boy"

boy\girl friends that break up with you

people that want to get reported etc.

Brittany rose lvl 43 ice
i) i actually like being called 'young wizard'.

prof. greyrose called me that on the forums once... i jumped up and down, then hugged her and gave her cake. when you are old, you will appreciate this. trust me.

for those curious about von's age, let's just say that she's older than alhazred and the sand in krokotopia combined.

ii) i don't mind people joining my battles, as long as they are 1) polite, and 2) the appropriate level to be questing in that zone.

iii) if it sounds like an emergency, it probably is. so pack your tool belt and field rations, young wizard!

iv) i haven't been to the vault of ice in a while. but, when my myth/ice duo were in krok, i rediscovered just how much of a pain it is... it's the labyrinth of krokotopia, if you know what i mean.

v) i would rather go to the same person than 50 different ones (who are, in all likelihood, scattered across the most-obnoxious worlds).

vi) we were all noobs once. even the great and powerful von started off in wizard city, with a horrible outfit, horrible stats, and an equally-horrible deck setup.

vii) no, gold houses do not have secrets; the crowns ones sometimes do, but not like non-american players have access to most of those anyway.

(some very-nice person once gifted von a bundle not available in her country~ thank you, awesome person!)

viii) fortunately, ki has heard us and collect quests have gotten easier (see game updates).

ix) i swear, tower shield is the only spell those ice guys know; then, they learn how to stun somewhere around level 50. what a winning combination.

x) there is no such thing as perfect accuracy~ ki math only goes up to 99.9%, not 100, so there's always a chance.

xi) if it's hard to level up, you're 1) in azteca, or 2) doing it wrong.

xii) just fyi, my noob dorms are amazing.

xiii) what's wrong with menu-chatters, aside from the fact that you can't strategize with them in-game (and that's not their fault~ it's ki's, for not adding more useful stuff to the menu)? one of my very-good friends is menu chat, doesn't bother me any~ i just message her on central if we need to talk tactics.

if i *know* you and you have menu chat, i will happily turn on my friend requests for you.

xiv) beggars beware: if you even think about thinking about asking me for gifts, my face-eating kittens will find you and... well, eat your face.

xv) i will port if someone asks, if 1) i am available (not questing=/=available) and 2) you don't have a record of doing things that annoy me.

xvi) yeah, and von needs a million dollars.
it hasn't happened yet, but you don't see me standing around the commons harassing people.

xvii) i don't see what that has to do with wiz, unless you are participating in the above; game is not an adult chat room, yo.

xviii) to this day, von does not understand why anyone would want to get reported. i, for one, have put a ton of time and money (and fish paste) into this account and wouldn't want to risk it for any reason. some people are just silly.

-v.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
bionaknight on Mar 26, 2013 wrote:
Well, going up against Ice wizards in PvP, for one. I still need a better strategy to fight them with.

Out of the game, it's probably people complaining about schools being overpowered instead of formulating a new plan to beat them with.
i know how you feel i lost my pvp rank because of facing an ice wizard

Explorer
Sep 05, 2011
What annoys me most is repetitive quests such as:
defeat 8 lions
recover 8 things from lions
defeat 7 lions (all in a row)

Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
Defender
Nov 01, 2012
Zlyxer on May 5, 2013 wrote:
1. True
2. It's a spell that weakens attacks and its not that brutal.
3. Agreed
4. Everyone. I have come to a conclusion and you might be shocked. I don't think Ice is overpowered anymore!
5. Hotshots? Are you saying that all prometheans are annoying and evil? Seriously?
6. That is such an insult to me! It's a kids game and you think I just go around and yell around screaming annoying little stuff? No. Stop being rude.
7. How does it annoy you?
8. What's wrong with Text chat? It's how the game communicates. We can't use open chat because then kids like us would hear swears.
9. Thank you for once someone agrees.
10. It's not their fault alright?
11. What are you talking about?! How is Dragonspyre terrible? Do you really think Wizard city is that hard?
12. It's how to get money bro.
13. Ha now that you said that they can ban you.
14. Lag is fine. It's not that bad. If it was making you skip a round that's bad.
15. Crafting I kind of agree with you there.
16. Its called farming.
17. Their parents would you stop making fun of people?
18. They get banned in the end. Keep up with the news.
19. I have no idea what you're talking about.
20. There are rarely any friends who do that to you.
21. You have to have time to do it. Dungeons are in like every single online game.
22. Dungeon hoppers? What do you expect? Us to be complete gods and destroy everything without dying?
23. What's wrong with long battles?
24. What are you even talking about? Ice mobs are not bad. It's just tower shield.
25. You have to level. Have you ever played a game?
26. Are you really making fun of online computer robots? Wow.
Yeah so this ends my rant.
Sorry, I wrote this when I was in a really bad mood. I was pretty much hating life at that point. I apologize for sounding so rude and whiny. I should have been considerate and not post anything.
I wasn't implying that all prometheans are proud and conceited just merely the ones that are. I know its not just based on level but its usually from the that group.
I don't have two hours to spend on a defeat and collect quest. I barely have an hour to play the game.
Yes,I have played a game. I don't even know what I said about it. It was probably nasty.

For Dungeon hoppers I meant the people that hop into a dungeon to troll others that have to do it.
They are pretty bad if your already a low damage school.
No, am not making fun of them. I'm just merely implying that they could have better things to say.
What did I say about parents? I apologize for that since that was uncalled for.

Imao to me Ninja pig is pretty bad.

I know what farming is called. However, there is also something called losing patience after a hundred battles. Don't know what I said to that lol.

Sorry about insulting you guys. I was just talking about the obnoxious ones playing. One of the my best friends playing the game is one and I thought that she was eighteen at first ^ ^
Text chat? Yeah I think its pretty awful. You can barely say anything. I can't even say exercise like seriously.
Lag? It is that bad. I'm skipping rounds ^ ^

My rant is kind of over.

Explorer
Sep 24, 2011
people who beg and beg you to fight a battle with them when your like 80 levels above them. So really I mean how people use you for quests.

Survivor
Nov 29, 2010
hmm...
probably when people higher rank than you look down on you. that really irritates me! I had one guy laugh at me when one of my spells fizzled!

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
I agree with CRUNKATOG " It seems there should be an additional friend request filter setting so that only people who have joined a battle with you and won, can friend request or group request you." I enjoy fighting battles and ask lots of times as I pass battles "do you need help". I don't like just joining a battle, I like to ask permission out of respect. I help all that I can help. I have done many dungeons solo and have not asked for help. I still have some that I can not do and they can just wait until I get high enough to accomplish them on my own.

I do not like being harassed by others (followed relentless, asked to gift/crowns to others, and lastly if you need a girl it is your problem). My granddaughter told me how to stop someone following me everywhere and would not leave me alone; she said is he you friend, I checked and he was, she said delete him. I did and he was gone. I did not know what to do about him. Even after telling him to leave me alone he did not.

I get annoyed when you have to keep battling for an item, and it keeps saying did not get, try again. You do get tired after a while. More than 2 fizzles in a row is enough. I sure I can think of more but I have said enough for now. Thanks for allowing me to speak a little of my view. By the way my legs are tired also.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Thank you for all the input! I have read each and every one of your replies, and I must say I find it rather odd, yet funny, that there are so many things in this game that can really work our nerves, but we find the game fun anyways.
~Shannon Skybreaker

Survivor
Jan 23, 2013
Top ten things that annoy me the most.

10:Tower shield.
Tower shield is a frustrating spell when the enemy casts it. Its is (for those who don't know) a shield that -50 from enemy attack, and it is universal. I don't have a good chance of removing it, but the best way I can think of is using a wand spell.
9:Enemy cheats and stats
Some specific ones are they NEVER run out of spells, have unlimited mana, and can sometimes use a spell without actually casting it, giving it two turns to attack.
8:"Not enough XP giving" quests.
Some quests give quite some XP, like some in Celestia, but some give barley anything for a hard challenge.
7:"Between a rock and a hard place"
Sometimes you run out of spells, and have the choice of fleeing the battle and having to restart the battle, or wait for a friend.
6:Same school enemies.
On rare occasions I fight life types, which makes it fine, but when the rare occasions happen The challenge is on. Prisms are hard for me to get on hand at the beginning of the fight.
5:Deck
You deck is limited to 64 with a max pack, and it is hard to get a specific spell you want or need in the pack when you need it, and you get it at the wrong time. How about at the beginning of the fight, you get to choose what spells you can have on hand?
4:Bad Gear
It is hard for me personally to find better gear, and when I do, it is usually worse than the gear I already have.
3:Unfair PVP
I usually never do PVP, and when I do, I am met by better spell, spritely, better gear, more able to fight fighters.
2:Earthquake
Earthquake is a weak spell with devastating results. I have to use a lot of blades to make a sure I defeat the enemy, but when it is myth, it gets rid of it all.
1:Weakness
Probably the most annoying spell, it had to top the list. It is used from some Parts of Wizard City to Azteca. It is an annoying thing especially if you can't get rid of it much like the Tower Shield.

Thank you.

Cass PixieCaster level 73 Life