Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What Annoys You?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 07, 2012
136
  • Weakness marleybone kroks scarlet screamers towershield noobs in battle noobs in pvp who will suffer in real life trolls and thats about it join the fire heart team 6585 awaiding


Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
14
Not much annoys me in Wizard101, but what really gets under my skin is when people cause drama on the game. Also, I don't like it when people try to "improve" schools. Schools are equal despite what it appears as.

Madison Nightstone, lvl 89 Balance wizard.

PS, MythWizardForeves, kudos to you on your seventh and eighth things that annoy you, they made my day. I think the same thing when I go to Azteca, and I wonder what my wizard sounds like too! Very good, and funny topics.

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
211
FinnAgainWindrider on Nov 29, 2013 wrote:
"MMO" does not mean "license to be inconsiderate."

It also does not mean "everybody in here has to want to play with me how I want to play whenever I want to play."

In fact, quite the opposite. We have customs of courtesy in society -- including online society -- precisely so that people can get along with each other in a respectful way.

Asking before you join a battle is simply showing respect and consideration for people. The more people have to deal with each other, the more we need to learn to be considerate. And even the KI programmers show this courtesy is expected -- they put it on menu-chat!

Thinking you can just jump in whenever and wherever without asking is selfish and inconsiderate. If you want to do that, go find a game you can play by yourself. If you want to play with other people, then learn that you really are with other people, who do not necessarily want to do just what you want to do.

MMO means there are a lot of other people playing besides you. Part of the game, therefore, is to learn how to get along with those other people, and to play in a way in which everybody can have a good time -- not just you.

So people who jump in without asking can be annoying -- especially when they have a selfish attitude, and most especially when they jump in just as you are about to finish a battle, and most very especially when they jump in, get you more enemies, and then flee!
Very well stated!

Explorer
Oct 04, 2009
55
Rainbow0839 on Mar 28, 2013 wrote:
hmmm. top three (in order of importance)?

1. spells that fizzle!
2. all the people in the commons standing around. I really don't like the ones that stand around saying, "I'm looking for a girl to be my girlfriend." over and over. I mean really? UGH!
3. people cursing around the filters. It's filtered for a reason and you're wasting time coming up with more 'creative' ways to say it.
-Morgan Legendheart level 39 Balance wizard, mooshu
The third and second one I totally agree with you.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2010
3
the fact that we can only purchase ONE bric-a-brac elixir per housing area!! i can't finish my castle!

Survivor
Mar 07, 2013
13
Shannon Skybreaker on Mar 26, 2013 wrote:
In the game, what annoys you the most? I'd really like to hear your responses.
~Shannon Skybreaker
When you battle things to collect something in a quest, and it says ' Did not collect From Please try again.' I mean whats the point in it?

The blanks are what you were trying to collect and what you where battling to get it.

Survivor
Jan 15, 2010
16
when you go into a dungeon then tell people to teleport to you and they can't because it says you're busy.

or when your counter crashes in the middle of fighting mailstaire. (true story)

- Jasmine Roseflame, lvl52 - Savior of The Spiral

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
776
FinnAgainWindrider on Nov 29, 2013 wrote:
"MMO" does not mean "license to be inconsiderate."

It also does not mean "everybody in here has to want to play with me how I want to play whenever I want to play."

In fact, quite the opposite. We have customs of courtesy in society -- including online society -- precisely so that people can get along with each other in a respectful way.

Asking before you join a battle is simply showing respect and consideration for people. The more people have to deal with each other, the more we need to learn to be considerate. And even the KI programmers show this courtesy is expected -- they put it on menu-chat!

Thinking you can just jump in whenever and wherever without asking is selfish and inconsiderate. If you want to do that, go find a game you can play by yourself. If you want to play with other people, then learn that you really are with other people, who do not necessarily want to do just what you want to do.

MMO means there are a lot of other people playing besides you. Part of the game, therefore, is to learn how to get along with those other people, and to play in a way in which everybody can have a good time -- not just you.

So people who jump in without asking can be annoying -- especially when they have a selfish attitude, and most especially when they jump in just as you are about to finish a battle, and most very especially when they jump in, get you more enemies, and then flee!
MMO massive MULTIplayer online if you do not want strangers playing the game with you go and play on a gaming console

Survivor
May 02, 2009
4
I think the games are to hard when trying to earn codes on freekigames.com like 100000 points on dootle dug!?!? Also since chat and games no longer works i don't see how its fair when you can't even get anything? i must've spent all this week trying to earn points on Ki free games for a umbra blade, guess what nothing.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
4
What annoys me as well, is when someone flees when in a fight with you and the enemy that joined then when they joined you, says there, i feel that the enemy that joined them when they left should disappear like in p101

Survivor
Jul 24, 2011
3
Hmm, one of the things that annoys me is in pvp when warlords use the "glitch" to decrease your ranking. I mean i'm nice enough to not make a big statement about it and just pass because you can't stop when they're going to do it anyways.

Scarlet Dragoneyes: 95

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
717
critical blizzard on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
MMO massive MULTIplayer online if you do not want strangers playing the game with you go and play on a gaming console
Did you even read the post?

Again, MULTIplayer means there are many people other than you who are playing! Learn how to interact with other people and respect their interests and needs as well as your own. It does not mean that everyone else in the game is there just for you to do with as you please.

It is not that I or others do not want other people playing with us. It is that we would like the people who play with us to show some consideration for us, and not just assume that we are their minions. I enjoy playing with others. But the people I enjoy playing with have learned how to interact with other players in the game with consideration and care.

To my earlier post, I think I need to add: it is annoying on message boards when people spam response posts without even trying to read or understand the posts they are responding to.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
776
FinnAgainWindrider on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
Did you even read the post?

Again, MULTIplayer means there are many people other than you who are playing! Learn how to interact with other people and respect their interests and needs as well as your own. It does not mean that everyone else in the game is there just for you to do with as you please.

It is not that I or others do not want other people playing with us. It is that we would like the people who play with us to show some consideration for us, and not just assume that we are their minions. I enjoy playing with others. But the people I enjoy playing with have learned how to interact with other players in the game with consideration and care.

To my earlier post, I think I need to add: it is annoying on message boards when people spam response posts without even trying to read or understand the posts they are responding to.
i read it but you think it's inconsiderate to play the game

Survivor
May 06, 2012
27
A few things, yet a lot of things I like... I am annoyed when I am questing, you need a certain amount of stuff, and you don't collect it. It makes me feel like I did the whole battle for no reason.
I also am annoyed by FIZZLING. What is the purpose of fizzling? It has resulted in my own death ( on the game ) many times.

Survivor
May 06, 2012
27
9635lexi on Mar 30, 2013 wrote:
What annoys me???

1. Fizzles
2. People who beg for crowns
3. People who join your battles when you ask them not to
4. Low xp
5. Pet Bosses
6. Cyrus Drake
7. Cyrus Drake's Mood
8. Cyrus Drake's Brother
9. Cyrus Drake's Critism

That's what annoys me.
Alexis SilverHeart, lvl 59 Diviner.
Um, to be honest, that's just 7 reasons. 6,7, and 9 all go together. Cyrus's brother is Mallistaire, so just say, well, Mallistaire.

Survivor
May 06, 2012
27
Percy373 on Apr 18, 2013 wrote:
HMM.....
1. Defeat and Collect Quest...Seriously ain't nobody got time for that (Sorry I just had to do it lol)
2. Weakness
3. Death Ninja pig spell (*Glares with hatred*)
4. Over powered Ice wiards
5. Hot shot prometheans
6. Little kids playing the game
7. Pvp ranking..
8 Text Chat
9. People who join a battle andleave
10. People who join a battle when they have ike one health
11. Every other worlds besides Avalon
12. Crowns
13. The moderators of this game
14. Lagging
15. Crafting
16. Gear Drops
17. Annoying parents who play this game and are like "Don't say that"
18. Report spammers
19. Two faced friends who never nelp
20. Friend beggers
21. Long Dungeons
22. Dungeon Hoppers
23. Long Battles
24. Ice mobs
25. The fact that you no longer can get a spell if your the appropriate level
26. How Cheesy the NPC people are
Meh my study hall just ended. So yeah thats pretty much it so far.....
Well I have a couple things to say. When I listen to all these complaints, there is not much to add on. Sounds to me like you just don't like Wizard101. If it annoys you so much, no offense but... STOP PLAYING IT. Also, when you say you don't like little kids playing the game... Well bad news. This game IS for little kids. I know some teens and adults play, but seriously.

Survivor
May 06, 2012
27
scampers1234 on Apr 11, 2013 wrote:
What annoys me?
1) beggers who say mean things or spam (they are horrible to little kiddos who think they're getting something, when in fact they just want the kids stuff and run off)
2) people who use horrid language whether foul or sexual in nature
3) people who run into a battle and then leave...please, just finish out because you joined...don't be mean
4) people who pick on mutes
5) and a minor complaint: having to garden for amber...I'm a crafter, not a gardener. I kill plants in real life and on the game but I'm still working to get that amber
I agree!

Survivor
May 06, 2012
27
BrynnerOfReign on Apr 16, 2013 wrote:
Von, I don't think you mentioned crafting enough times (LOL).

- I don't mind crafting stuff below Zafaria, but Zafaria on up is very annoying
- PvP players who think they're all that
- Pet training
- Marleybone and Celestia, and parts of Dragonspyre
- Worlds that don't give much XP
- Morganthe - her voice and personality leave a lot to be desired
- Beggars. "Does anyone have crowns?", "Can you gift me a mount/pack/guardian outfit?"
- Bad behavior. Cursing, innuendos, bullying, harassing.
- Low levels in high level worlds that jump into battlesh
- Collection quests. Nothing like fighting 15 battles just to collect one item.
- Begging to be my friend - just to ask me to gift, or port them to a world they don't have access to, or do all of their battles/dungeons for them.
- Scammers. Ones that say they will gift a mount (for example) for TC, then take the TC and run (I'm seeing this more and more).
- I want a girl/boy/mom/dad/aunt/uncle/brother/sister. This is not a dating site.
I agree.. I don't like when warlords stand out in the middle of the commons with those giant clothes :( And they like to decrease your PVP rating in combat lower than it should be. :( :( :( I think that glitch ought to be patched!

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
717
critical blizzard on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
i read it but you think it's inconsiderate to play the game
That is not what I said. I think it is inconsiderate for people to behave in an inconsiderate way in the game. There are ways to play the game that show respect and consideration for other people. There are also ways to play that do not show respect and consideration for people.

Look, if you were outside in real life in a park, and you saw people playing soccer, and you wanted to play, would you just run into the middle of their game and start kicking the ball without asking? Or if you saw a basketball game and wanted to play, would you run in, take the ball, and start shooting hoops without asking? Or if you saw people playing tennis, and you wanted to play, would you just run into the middle of a tennis match and start hitting the ball in front of the other players? Or if you saw two people playing a chess match, would you walk up and just start moving the chess pieces without asking?

Most games are multiplayer, and most games also have codes of conduct and ways of interaction that are acceptable, and others that are not acceptable. You keep telling me to go play on a console, but that statement is exactly backwards. If you don't want to respect the other people who play, they why do you want to play with them? In fact, the only games where it is socially acceptable for you to act without asking or communicating with others, are games you play by yourself.

What makes you think Wizard101 is different, just because it is online? If you want to play with me, I would be glad for your company and I would be glad to play with you also -- as long as you respect me and my friends as people and respect the MULTIplayer dimension of the game. I suspect that all of us who complain about people just jumping in, have played many times with others, and have friends that we like to play with, and have even made those friends exactly by having strangers join our battles. I know I have. I like having other friendly and helpful people to play the game with. But I don't like it when people treat me as an afterthought or a minion to their game.

So if you really want to give a reasonable response to these posts, instead of just asserting that people get the letters "MMO" in their heads, you really need to explain why the social norms of consideration and courtesy do not apply here in this multiplayer game, but they do in all other games that involve multiple players.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
776
FinnAgainWindrider on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
That is not what I said. I think it is inconsiderate for people to behave in an inconsiderate way in the game. There are ways to play the game that show respect and consideration for other people. There are also ways to play that do not show respect and consideration for people.

Look, if you were outside in real life in a park, and you saw people playing soccer, and you wanted to play, would you just run into the middle of their game and start kicking the ball without asking? Or if you saw a basketball game and wanted to play, would you run in, take the ball, and start shooting hoops without asking? Or if you saw people playing tennis, and you wanted to play, would you just run into the middle of a tennis match and start hitting the ball in front of the other players? Or if you saw two people playing a chess match, would you walk up and just start moving the chess pieces without asking?

Most games are multiplayer, and most games also have codes of conduct and ways of interaction that are acceptable, and others that are not acceptable. You keep telling me to go play on a console, but that statement is exactly backwards. If you don't want to respect the other people who play, they why do you want to play with them? In fact, the only games where it is socially acceptable for you to act without asking or communicating with others, are games you play by yourself.

What makes you think Wizard101 is different, just because it is online? If you want to play with me, I would be glad for your company and I would be glad to play with you also -- as long as you respect me and my friends as people and respect the MULTIplayer dimension of the game. I suspect that all of us who complain about people just jumping in, have played many times with others, and have friends that we like to play with, and have even made those friends exactly by having strangers join our battles. I know I have. I like having other friendly and helpful people to play the game with. But I don't like it when people treat me as an afterthought or a minion to their game.

So if you really want to give a reasonable response to these posts, instead of just asserting that people get the letters "MMO" in their heads, you really need to explain why the social norms of consideration and courtesy do not apply here in this multiplayer game, but they do in all other games that involve multiple players.
lol your posts are hilarious you said yourself it doesn't mean everyone has to play how one person wants to the person attempting to FORCE people from asking before playing a game is the one being controlling not the other way around i didn't really think i would have to type so much to point something so obvious out.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
717
critical blizzard on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
lol your posts are hilarious you said yourself it doesn't mean everyone has to play how one person wants to the person attempting to FORCE people from asking before playing a game is the one being controlling not the other way around i didn't really think i would have to type so much to point something so obvious out.
*sigh*

No one is forcing anyone by saying they would like you to ask first. Asking is exactly the opposite of forcing. On the other hand, jumping in without asking is forcing yourself into the other person's play. Asking gives people a chance to choose whether an extra player would be helpful or not. Jumping takes that choice away.

And you still have not answered my questions: Would you jump into a game in progress in real life without asking? Do you really think people would find that acceptable? Why do you think it should be different here?

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
346
Angela Gem on Oct 20, 2013 wrote:
-Weakness
-Morganthe
-Beggars
-Noobs joining your battle
-Grisletusk
-Celestia
-Zafaria
-Krokotopia
-trash talkers
-getting pulled into battles
-pets
- wizards
-tower shield
-Mirror lake
-People who bully
-people who think they are high when they are level 10
-false reports
-"can you bring me to winterbane?"
-When people overuse "XD" and "lol"
-When your teamates flee
-Jabberwock
-prometheans
-People who think they're awesome
-crowns
-Quick sell
- Trial of the spheres
-Malistaire spamming banshee

Thats about a fourth of how long i could go on.

-Angela Gem
Haha, I must say, you seem to have a lot of hate for certain groups of Wizards. I have a Promethean Theurgist, but that doesn't make me a horribly rude person, does it? I would hate to see you accuse me for the wrongdoings of another fellow Wizard. Remember, people have different personalities, and your job is to find a personality that suits your likes.
I hope that anyone else with a prejudice that reads this will remember that everyone is different.

~Shannon Skybreaker

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
33
Collection quests, rude playrs, getting defeated(i know, it will happen), but mostly Noobs and FIZZLES Gah! Fizzling makes me wanna destroy everything i look at! Noobs are annoying because they like everything they see. Sometimes my very best friends and i would go to wizard city and have a noob watch. Unicorn way is just ridiculous. They go: "Woahhhh how did you get that high level?! Where did you get those clothes?! How do you get a pet?!" Then they start practically WORSHIPING me. It is very strange.

Alia Winterwhisper

Survivor
May 22, 2013
7
One of the things that really annoys me is collection quests.

It's really annoying when you have to defeat a minion in mooshu or somewhere and it takes you a while do defeat them and you have little health left and it says, " Did not collect keystone from haunted minion. Try again. " And then on the 20th time you finally get it and you are so happy you think you might cry.

Another thing is people who say mean things to me

I only have text chat, but people find shortcuts to saying bad words. It's like i'm in the commons and I ask if anybody could help me with something, and then they say something mean after a while to me.
So annoying.

Megan Rainbow blade 38
Mooshu

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
195
Megan Rainbow Blad... on Dec 5, 2013 wrote:
One of the things that really annoys me is collection quests.

It's really annoying when you have to defeat a minion in mooshu or somewhere and it takes you a while do defeat them and you have little health left and it says, " Did not collect keystone from haunted minion. Try again. " And then on the 20th time you finally get it and you are so happy you think you might cry.

Another thing is people who say mean things to me

I only have text chat, but people find shortcuts to saying bad words. It's like i'm in the commons and I ask if anybody could help me with something, and then they say something mean after a while to me.
So annoying.

Megan Rainbow blade 38
Mooshu
If I remember correctly, finding ways around the filters to use curse words is against terms and conditions and is one of the offenses that can be reported. If someone curses around the filters, you are able to report them without fear of it being a false report.