Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What Annoys You?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 12, 2009
In the game, what annoys you the most? I'd really like to hear your responses.
~Shannon Skybreaker

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Shannon Skybreaker on Mar 26, 2013 wrote:
~Shannon Skybreaker
Running quests that you have to run through the whole game to get to what you need.
Doing a quest that takes you where you just was in another quest or needing a mob you just defeated.
People that complain when you join their battle.
People that flee when you are in mid battle.
Cheating bosses.
Low xp.

Explorer
Dec 01, 2012
One thing that annoys me the most is that when you really need a spell, it fizzles. Like when I am dying, and then I use satyr, it fizzles!

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
~Shannon Skybreaker
Jade gear lol i'm a pvper so............. you can get around it but its still annoying

Wolf Nightcaller lvl 90 balance commander
Talon Spiritfinder lvl 81 life knight
Wolf Sunwalker lvl 71 fire knight
Wolf Nightcaller lvl 11 myth commander

Idk whats up with all the lvl that end in one lol

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Want a list? XD Jk I love this game and don't have many complaints but..

1. WEAKNESS IN DS!! Good Greif please!
2. People who hang on with 1 life (ain't nobody got time for that)
3. The amount of rank you lose in PvP O.o
4. Jade Gear...why just why...
5. Guardian Spirit

Thats all for today folks XD

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade

P.S. These are not things wrong with the game just my complaints

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Well, going up against Ice wizards in PvP, for one. I still need a better strategy to fight them with.

Out of the game, it's probably people complaining about schools being overpowered instead of formulating a new plan to beat them with.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2011
the most annoying thing is when you are about to cast a spell that will kill the monster, and then the monster casts weakness

Survivor
Apr 22, 2009
the CHEATING and the unbelievable ways that KI thinks up new ways to do it. But it needs to stop. The steroid health that bosses have now is more than enough. Some of them have 3 or 4 times the health of Ice wizards. Geez.

Also the sheer greed. They think of more ways to get into your wallets/purses.

The truth hurts.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
~Shannon Skybreaker
People who are accepting to enter long dungeons such as Waterworks, but are quitting halfway through. I also dislike the big roaming mounts all over the place :-/

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
You save up for an attack in Mooshu or Dragonspyre or Balance bosses and mobs in Azteca... and there is the weakness, think you can wand it off...but NO you have your own school wand and you're out of Cleanse Charm tc.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
weekness, earthquake, boss that are the same school as me and efreet.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
The bazaar buy/sell screen format. It seems like a small issue, but if you consider the number of times you go to the bazaar the annoyance factor adds up. If you were to multiply that annoyance factor across all gamers it would be gigantic.

It's time for KI to update the bazaar buy/sell screen format.

Issues
1. The wait time for all the items for a category to load. To make it somewhat better why isn't the 'usable' checkbox checked by default?

2. While a category is loading you can't switch item tabs. You must wait for the list to complete loading.

3. When looking through the available items for sale the item stats overlap the list of stuff you are trying to look through. It's a visual mash of overlapping stuff. It gets really bad when you are looking at higher leveled stuff with lots of associated stats.

4. When quickly looking through the available items for sale the stats for your equipped item and the selected item jumps around the screen and also flips left/right. Makes quick comparison shopping difficult.

Overall the bazaar buy/sell screens implementation is very sloppy looking and annoying for regular shoppers. The format was probably ok when the game only went as far as Dragonspyre, but the game has far outgrown this. Time for a revamp.

Explorer
Jul 13, 2012
Collecting, collecting and collecting.

There is nothing interesting/fun about it. You almost always have the same, exact fight over and over again. I'd rather have to solo a two or three boss fight with cheats than fight the same mob.

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
it annoys me when you cannot beat a boss for the hundredth time!!!!

Emma Emaraldsword
Level 33 conjurer
order of the fang

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
hmmm. top three (in order of importance)?

1. spells that fizzle!
2. all the people in the commons standing around. I really don't like the ones that stand around saying, "I'm looking for a girl to be my girlfriend." over and over. I mean really? UGH!
3. people cursing around the filters. It's filtered for a reason and you're wasting time coming up with more 'creative' ways to say it.
-Morgan Legendheart level 39 Balance wizard, mooshu

Historian
Jul 28, 2011
Here is my list

1. Cheating Bosses who won't stop cheating.....and killing... and never dieing.....
2. People who ask for help way to often
3. You don't see your menu chat friend teleport as your about to leave your house, you come back, and it's filled with about 100 menu chatters. And there are two people with open chat, but they are rude
4. Really mean people

-Angela DragonStone
The wizard that rokz

Defender
Aug 08, 2012
Anything simular to a Banshee. I hate their sound.

Jasmine Rainbowdreamer Level 20 Life Wizard

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
in no particular order:

1) did-not-collect quests;
2) beggars;
3) low/mid-level players who use me (rather, they used to use me) as a teleport pad;
4) foul language in-game;
5) weakness spamming in ds.

-von

Survivor
Aug 08, 2012
~Shannon Skybreaker
Well, something that annoys me in the game would be accidently getting into a battle when you don't want to battle. Then you would have to flee and go right back to that spot if you don't feel like battling. I think a way to help this is to maybe have something pop up and say, " Would you like to get into this battle?" and then you would say yes or no.

Survivor
Nov 07, 2012
nathan owlhaven on Mar 26, 2013 wrote:
weekness, earthquake, boss that are the same school as me and efreet.
i hate efreet

Survivor
Aug 08, 2012
~Shannon Skybreaker
Another thing that annoys me, is how when you have a quest to collect something from an enemy and it says, " nothing collected, try again." or something like that.

~ Nicole Starbane

Survivor
Apr 16, 2012
What annoys me???

1. Fizzles
2. People who beg for crowns
3. People who join your battles when you ask them not to
4. Low xp
5. Pet Bosses
6. Cyrus Drake
7. Cyrus Drake's Mood
8. Cyrus Drake's Brother
9. Cyrus Drake's Critism

That's what annoys me.
Alexis SilverHeart, lvl 59 Diviner.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2012
what annoys me most is how alot of things cost you something. i mean i wish if you already went into the area it would stat there.

also how some people keep asking me for help. like three people a day ask me if i am on for a really long time.

Another thing that annoys me, is how when you have a quest to collect something from an enemy and it says, " nothing collected, try again." or something like that.

mia7745 is also right. i mean i hate that too. i have like 100 health left a beat the guy and it says i didnt collect anything i mean really!

Survivor
Jan 11, 2013
any defeat and collect. you need to go through the same exact fight 10,000 times to get one of what you're trying to collect.