Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Type-A-Name

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 15, 2009
I've been wondering why typing a name would be such a big deal. If the same KingsIsle staff that approves Board messages, I'm pretty sure they can approve names that come in. This is in a similar style of what was ToonTown.

Defender
May 16, 2009
I think I would honestly prefer the current system. With the current naming system, they don't have to worry about approving names because they already give you a list to choose from. Not to mention but, the current system makes it so that everyone has something that at least resembles a name, especially for a story-driven game where sometimes your wizard's name is filled in for some of the text. It would be weird to see "WaffleTaco386" instead of "David" when an npc is addressing you.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Not a bad Idea but I think the closest thing we're ever gonna get is more options but I don't think we'll get something like that,but hey they added the pointless friend UI update so anything is possible

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Nope, they couldn't. The sheer number of people who would be entering in new names in game would outstrip the number of people who post here by a huge, HUGE long shot. The staff has already been struggling to keep up with forum posts since the huge layoffs (indicated by how posts are now only approved twice per day, as opposed to regularly throughout the day like a few months ago). I do not want to overload these poor people any more than they already are.

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
Starblood653 on Aug 15, 2016 wrote:
Nope, they couldn't. The sheer number of people who would be entering in new names in game would outstrip the number of people who post here by a huge, HUGE long shot. The staff has already been struggling to keep up with forum posts since the huge layoffs (indicated by how posts are now only approved twice per day, as opposed to regularly throughout the day like a few months ago). I do not want to overload these poor people any more than they already are.
It could definitely be only for people who are current paying members.