Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Power of Amulets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 06, 2009
Hello there! My basic idea is...
It would be moreinteresting, realistic if you can wear up to two amulets because Wizards in TV shows, games, etc. are always depicted having multiple amulets, and while it is complicated transfering that into W101, I think you can make the game more fun if the W101 Team puts their minds into it

Explorer
Jul 18, 2014
What if you could unlock amulet slots when you reach a certain quest and/or level?

Survivor
Nov 16, 2010
If you are going to talk about the Wizard having two Amulets, you should first talk about the Wizard having two Rings (one for each hand).

Survivor
Mar 06, 2009
Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Zeargo on Apr 4, 2018 wrote:
If you are going to talk about the Wizard having two Amulets, you should first talk about the Wizard having two Rings (one for each hand).
Zeargo,
You may be on to something...

...but why stop at just having two rings when most wizards have ten fingers.

And there are some wizards who wear toe rings, or earrings, nose rings, etc...

The opportunities to have more items with benefits for wizards are staggering and limited only to our imaginations and KI making all of this possible.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
multiple rings makes more sense than multiple amulets do, at least to me. The problem I have is most of the amulets are really worthless. After early on in the game, most of the spells you get from amulets make no real difference. The big benefit would be the ability to add jewels. There's usually no stats on amulets (if you factor every amulet in the game). I would love to see amulets without spells, but stats and jewel slots in their place. Let us configure the type of amulet we want to use. However, I would love to see these implemented EARLIER than level 130

Survivor
Dec 25, 2010
That would be nice, or maybe specific rare drops from bosses that also allow mastery? That could be an event where different school bosses drop mastery items with other stats.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
You're right that wizards have 10 fingers and 10 toes etc. but I don't think we really want to go down that much of a rabbit hole. That being said...

I do really like the idea of having more than one ring slot. I think two would be perfect-no more than 3. Amulets- I'd have to say would be a similar spot and limit it to only two. I also think it could be cool if we had more Wizard paraphernalia to work with (Sorry if I go too far down the rabbit hole myself now- lol).

I think the extra slots should be something that is unlockable at levels 50, 100, and maybe 150. Essentially give a reason for players to continue to level up. I think having some other options for gear open up as you level might also be kind of cool!

I think it would be cool if we could implement more gear types such as:

• Gloves/Gauntlets/Bracers/Bracelets
  • Eyewear (Pirate101 Monocles, Glasses, Eye effects)
  • Totems (Pirate101)
  • Second and Third Ring spots (this could maybe be a special Ring of Power that actually renders? to differentiate it from the rings that already exist in the game
  • Auras (special effects that follow your wizard around- similarly how current mastery amulets look etc.)

It would also be neat if we could have another stat that just boosts naturally over time- I really think that Pip Conversion would be a viable option here. (AND it should be across all schools not- school specific IMO) just some thoughts....

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
exp613 on Apr 27, 2018 wrote:
You're right that wizards have 10 fingers and 10 toes etc. but I don't think we really want to go down that much of a rabbit hole. That being said...

I do really like the idea of having more than one ring slot. I think two would be perfect-no more than 3. Amulets- I'd have to say would be a similar spot and limit it to only two. I also think it could be cool if we had more Wizard paraphernalia to work with (Sorry if I go too far down the rabbit hole myself now- lol).

I think the extra slots should be something that is unlockable at levels 50, 100, and maybe 150. Essentially give a reason for players to continue to level up. I think having some other options for gear open up as you level might also be kind of cool!

I think it would be cool if we could implement more gear types such as:

• Gloves/Gauntlets/Bracers/Bracelets
  • Eyewear (Pirate101 Monocles, Glasses, Eye effects)
  • Totems (Pirate101)
  • Second and Third Ring spots (this could maybe be a special Ring of Power that actually renders? to differentiate it from the rings that already exist in the game
  • Auras (special effects that follow your wizard around- similarly how current mastery amulets look etc.)

It would also be neat if we could have another stat that just boosts naturally over time- I really think that Pip Conversion would be a viable option here. (AND it should be across all schools not- school specific IMO) just some thoughts....
I would be fine if they gave us 2 ring slots, and one amulet slot. Gloves are something people have asked for a few times over the years and I love the idea.