Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Elucidation Charm Idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 06, 2010
I see many people pleading to get the Rank 8 Spells in an amulet so other classes can use them. There's also the fact that we don't have 8 pips. I thought of a solution (bad or good), an Elucidate Charm.It would be the Rank 8 spells put with an Elucidate Spell, like a few other amulets with Paired Spells. Thoughts?

(If this idea had already been posted, then just ignore the whole thing)

from Jared SilverShard, Legendary Thaumaturge

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
Do you mean that you could cast it as a "blade" because you can already get a card called "Elucidate" as a Treasure Card from drops/quests. And anyways, you can't enchant Item cards. It would be kind of unfair though, for any school to be able to treat Medusa or Leviathan as a 6-pip spell, because we all worked hard for the lvl 58 spell, and its specialness just gets taken away once everybody can use them, just like with the Rank 7 spells.

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
VulpiJ wrote:
I see many people pleading to get the Rank 8 Spells in an amulet so other classes can use them. There's also the fact that we don't have 8 pips. I thought of a solution (bad or good), an Elucidate Charm.It would be the Rank 8 spells put with an Elucidate Spell, like a few other amulets with Paired Spells. Thoughts?

(If this idea had already been posted, then just ignore the whole thing)

from Jared SilverShard, Legendary Thaumaturge
there's a reason eludicate only made it through as a treasure card cause it make celestia way too easier imagine having 6 pips on a rank 8 spell that means you could use it a turn 2 that is way too easy

Explorer
Oct 30, 2010
Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
This idea strikes me as quite silly and even dumb... Elucidate is a serious gamebreaker due to its effects (take off two pips from a spell's demands - letting you cast 6-pip spells in the first round, or 8 pip spells in the second); which is one of the reasons why it is so incredibly rare to find.

There are already so many treasure cards, pets and amulets out there that lets people obtain other school spells - adding a method for others to obtain the hard-to-get, difficult and illusive 8-pip spells... No. Just no.

I would very much like to see that many spells are kept school-specific, the powerful 8-pip spells in particular. Making anyone capable of obtaining all spells through a mix of treasure cards and amulets just upsets the game balance, and reduces the novelty of creating a new character. While I understand that some spells have a usuability that makes them very attractive (Feint, Curse, Tower Shield, Spirit/Elemental Blade), each class is different and specializes in different areas.

I would much, much rather see general all-class spells added to the game, rather than constantly seeing otherwise school-only spells being used by other schools that happen to obtain them with treasure cards or amulets or pets.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2010
Thanks for the feedback. I see the faults , and I see there are too many that are unable to be fixed. Thank you for posting anyway. See ya in the Spiral.