Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Arcanum– New Bazaar

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 13, 2011
146
There should be a new type of Bazaar store where you can sale stuff for auction to an NPC. For convience, there should be a non auctioning NPC for wizards to sell to. This Bazaar still has the same stuff as the other Bazaar, but at a different location.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2013
99
They should also consider adding a level-restriction to the Arcanum. I do not like seeing lower levels in that place because it takes out the specialty of the place. (Actually questing to get there).

Explorer
May 17, 2009
60
eSnowFrost on Nov 30, 2015 wrote:
They should also consider adding a level-restriction to the Arcanum. I do not like seeing lower levels in that place because it takes out the specialty of the place. (Actually questing to get there).
Yet no one complains when upper levels are in Unicorn Way practicing new spells and intimidating new students?
Totally tired of the Upper Level snobbery sometimes.

Sarah UnicornFlower

Grandmaster Of Ice

Explorer
Jan 27, 2013
94
Sapphirewater on Jan 2, 2016 wrote:
Yet no one complains when upper levels are in Unicorn Way practicing new spells and intimidating new students?
Totally tired of the Upper Level snobbery sometimes.

Sarah UnicornFlower

Grandmaster Of Ice
Unicorn Way is a place that everyone has unlocked in the game. That is, if they played for 5 minutes. The Arcanum is a place where we had to get through a lot of worlds and a lot of bosses to get to. It's not the upper levels' fault that people get intimidated by our spells. We earned them. Same with the Arcanum For Lower level players to be there, its like a level one being in the shadow palace and help beat morganthe. Its revealing stuff that only High level players should know.

Dakota Titanheart-Prodigious Diviner

Survivor
Sep 20, 2014
23
sakurablitz1231231... on Jan 3, 2016 wrote:
Unicorn Way is a place that everyone has unlocked in the game. That is, if they played for 5 minutes. The Arcanum is a place where we had to get through a lot of worlds and a lot of bosses to get to. It's not the upper levels' fault that people get intimidated by our spells. We earned them. Same with the Arcanum For Lower level players to be there, its like a level one being in the shadow palace and help beat morganthe. Its revealing stuff that only High level players should know.

Dakota Titanheart-Prodigious Diviner
so true

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
79
this seems like a good idea.

as far as I know there never was a level restriction for any world. dungeons were made no ports

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
545
Sapphirewater on Jan 2, 2016 wrote:
Yet no one complains when upper levels are in Unicorn Way practicing new spells and intimidating new students?
Totally tired of the Upper Level snobbery sometimes.

Sarah UnicornFlower

Grandmaster Of Ice
If you think there's any significant amount of high-level snobbery in W101, don't ever play any other MMOs. Seriously. If you knew real high-level snobbery, you'd know that it's almost nonexistent in W101. In most games, high levels are a badge of honor and it's perfectly acceptable within in-game culture to flaunt it and for devs to cater only to them. We're spoiled rotten in W101 with almost no high level snobbery and devs that create between-world updates for various levels (BOXES, Lost Pages, Simon the Sayer, etc.) instead of focusing only on updates to keep max-level players from getting bored.

Anyway, adding onto what sakurablitz stated: I've never even heard of high level spells intimidating new players. I go to UW to try my new spells because it's easiest to build up pips without taking damage and I often use it to assess if the spell would be worth it in high level fights. If it takes forever to build the pips and/or the wait time for a shadow pip isn't worth it, it's to my benefit because I figured it out before I tried relying on it in a high stakes battle.

In all the times I've tested spells in UW (since I got Wraith at level 42), I've had maybe five players stop and comment, and they all thought it was really cool. If anything, seeing the high level spells motivates new players to stick with it because they know the payoff is some powerful, cool-looking spells. Part of my motivation to stick with W101 in the beginning was seeing high level spells in the tv ads and, when I started playing, I realized I would have to do some serious leveling up to earn them and I was motivated to reach higher levels. Does this mean showing high level spells in the tv ads is intimidating?

To get back on OP's topic, there are tons of features that I hope get added as time goes on. I hope it becomes a high-level hangout not only with its own branch of the bazaar, but a new crafting instructor, side quests and level-restricted teleporting.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
25
Ok I'm confused is this a thread about an arcanum bazaar or a thread about a lvl restriction on the arcanum
and btw I am against the idea of an arcanum level restriction because sure the high lvls have done the quests/worlds to get there but the low lvls cant DO the quests in the arcanum or anything like that and about seeing what your not supposed to see anybody can just get on wizard101 central and see these things.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2013
94
sirkamron on Apr 1, 2016 wrote:
Ok I'm confused is this a thread about an arcanum bazaar or a thread about a lvl restriction on the arcanum
and btw I am against the idea of an arcanum level restriction because sure the high lvls have done the quests/worlds to get there but the low lvls cant DO the quests in the arcanum or anything like that and about seeing what your not supposed to see anybody can just get on wizard101 central and see these things.
If they do go onto wizard101central, they took the effort. However, using your own words. low lvls can't do the quests in shadow palace, but they can just get on wizard101 central and see these things. Its not right.

Defender
Aug 06, 2011
118
Duncan SpiritWard on Nov 29, 2015 wrote:
There should be a new type of Bazaar store where you can sale stuff for auction to an NPC. For convience, there should be a non auctioning NPC for wizards to sell to. This Bazaar still has the same stuff as the other Bazaar, but at a different location.
I think it's a genius idea! There are plenty of unused doors in the Arcanum. Just one of them would be useful if turned into a bazaar!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2332
Sapphirewater on Jan 2, 2016 wrote:
Yet no one complains when upper levels are in Unicorn Way practicing new spells and intimidating new students?
Totally tired of the Upper Level snobbery sometimes.

Sarah UnicornFlower

Grandmaster Of Ice
if higher level players are doing something that is actually harming lower leveled players, that absolutely needs to be reported, but Im sorry, I cant feel bad for somebody else's alleged ills because somebody else cast a spell, in a game where your only attack method is to cast spells.

Hero
Nov 22, 2015
798
Duncan SpiritWard on Nov 29, 2015 wrote:
There should be a new type of Bazaar store where you can sale stuff for auction to an NPC. For convience, there should be a non auctioning NPC for wizards to sell to. This Bazaar still has the same stuff as the other Bazaar, but at a different location.
Agreed. I'm sick of taking the long walk to Olde Town. If a Bazaar was added to Polaris it would be something I'd look forward to.

Hero
Nov 22, 2015
798
eSnowFrost on Nov 30, 2015 wrote:
They should also consider adding a level-restriction to the Arcanum. I do not like seeing lower levels in that place because it takes out the specialty of the place. (Actually questing to get there).
Everyone already can teleport into different worlds. Why not the Arcanum? Sure you have to earn the Arcanum but you have to earn all the worlds too. They can be teleported into. It's just tourism. If you can't handle a few low levels hanging around you should stop playing Wizard101, because it is full of low level tourists. You just don't notice it in other worlds as much because they're really big, and the Arcanum is small.

Explorer
Sep 19, 2012
50
hmm you guys so much drama..
1) bazaar might be ok there, but then it turns into self-segregation from lower levels more so than the convenience of just marking your spot, going home to your crafted bazaar tapestry and back to mark..
2) high-level snobbery? hmm I cant say I've experienced much of that here on Wizard101 nor Pirates101, in comparision to other MMORPGs..snobbery against menu chats? yes.. against non-pvpers? yes.. but I digress..
3) one of the neat (in my opinion) things about going to a high-level area when lower level is getting excited to level up for it..similar to watching commercials and/or reading central..
4)why would a low-level want to train in the Arcanium? hmm as far as pvp maybe needing the next Ravenwood spell for their secondary school(still have to buy or farm an amulet though)? otherwise you might be trying to solo pve and wanted the extra choices..neither seems wrong imo..
5)seems to me lower levels are feeling left out as far as getting something new and exciting as far as spells.. please read my Wysteria Spells link? see whatcha think? Its here in Dorms too..
lots of great input here though i disgree with a bazaar there I do like the way the post originater thinks and would like to hear more :)
stormy jen silver

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
233
Duncan SpiritWard on Nov 29, 2015 wrote:
There should be a new type of Bazaar store where you can sale stuff for auction to an NPC. For convience, there should be a non auctioning NPC for wizards to sell to. This Bazaar still has the same stuff as the other Bazaar, but at a different location.
I wouldn't mind a unique sort of Bazaar, where you have a regular Bazaar vendor but then a second vendor that will buy anything (like no auction (non crown) items) at a fair price. For the Arcanum Bazaar vendor, perhaps also allow you to filter results. Like if I'm trying to buy Mithril, let me type in part of the name, it finds a result (even if none are available), I click on it and then for a few minutes, when I refresh the list, it will only show if there is any Mithril or not. If there is, I can quickly buy some, otherwise it reports that there are no results. (The filter should be restricted to only pre-defined matching items, not a more loose search like the Crown Shop has. This would help serve as a pro and a con for using it.)

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
233
eSnowFrost on Nov 30, 2015 wrote:
They should also consider adding a level-restriction to the Arcanum. I do not like seeing lower levels in that place because it takes out the specialty of the place. (Actually questing to get there).
No way. I don't see the harm in letting someone port to the general area. It's not like they are getting to port inside of a super strong dungeon to collect stuff. No, it's just being able to look around and are very limited on what they can do while they are there.

You say that lower levels being there takes away from the 'specialty' of the place. What makes it so special? Last time I was there, just a few days ago, it wasn't raining free gold, crowns, tickets, pets, ultra rare gear, etc. I go there and it's interesting to look around, but nothing that has me camping out like it's the best place ever.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
613
The fact that the Arcanum has it's very own World Tree door tells me there is more on the way.

I don't know if a Bazaar belongs in the Arcanum though. The Arcanum is a place of learning, like Ravenwood or Dragonspyre Academy. I don't think merchants necessarily fit there, unless they're selling spells, treasure cards, reagents, or recipes for any of the aforementioned.

However I had often wished there was a Bazaar outlet in every world, just for convenience sake. It's not necessary, but it would have been nice.

What I would love to see in the Arcanum is a story of your journey through the spiral. Each world could be a different volume, and you could read them each separately. Or maybe you watch the story in a holographic recreation narrated by one of (or maybe even many of) the NPC's who have sent you on quests. That would be really cool to help remember what you've done and why, though it probably wouldn't be worth the time it took to program.

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
137
Gonna second what High Five Ghost said (great, a fellow Regular Show fan ) and say that I'd like a Bazaar in every World, for the sake of convenience.

Why not? All of them connected, not separate Bazaars, just access to the Bazaar from every world...

Also, I know a player run Marketplace is risky business, but maybe implementing that too...

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4162
Fable Finder on Apr 8, 2016 wrote:
Agreed. I'm sick of taking the long walk to Olde Town. If a Bazaar was added to Polaris it would be something I'd look forward to.
Get a tapestry to port to the Bazaar if you're so sick of walking. The Bazaar should remain as it is in my opinion. We don't need separate locations to sell the same things. One open central marketplace for all is the fairest thing possible.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
1124
Another request from the Department of Redundancy Department...
There's no need for a "long walk" to the Bazaar... craft a Tapestry.
Drop a mark at your location, port home, Tapestry to the Bazaar, sell, port back to your mark. 5 minutes at most, done and done.
And don't play the "I don't have the items to craft a Tapestry" card... you've reached the Arcanum for Bartleby's sake... you have the ability to farm anyone or anything in the game at this point.

Hero
Nov 22, 2015
798
TucsonWizard on Apr 20, 2016 wrote:
Another request from the Department of Redundancy Department...
There's no need for a "long walk" to the Bazaar... craft a Tapestry.
Drop a mark at your location, port home, Tapestry to the Bazaar, sell, port back to your mark. 5 minutes at most, done and done.
And don't play the "I don't have the items to craft a Tapestry" card... you've reached the Arcanum for Bartleby's sake... you have the ability to farm anyone or anything in the game at this point.
Not sure if you're talking to me but I'll respond anyway.

I haven't unlocked the Arcanum yet. As I stated in a previous post, "if there was a bazaar in Polaris, it would be something I would look forward to". It clearly states I haven't unlocked the Arcanum yet.

Also, farming takes forever.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
1124
Fable Finder on Apr 21, 2016 wrote:
Not sure if you're talking to me but I'll respond anyway.

I haven't unlocked the Arcanum yet. As I stated in a previous post, "if there was a bazaar in Polaris, it would be something I would look forward to". It clearly states I haven't unlocked the Arcanum yet.

Also, farming takes forever.
No, I was addressing the OP who titled his post "The Arcanum - New Bazaar". I took that to indicate he had progressed to that point in the game.
What I was getting at is that if someone has reached the end of the game (at least for now) then there are several reasons another Bazaar is NOT needed. If a level 110 is gold poor it's an anomaly... most high levels are looking for ways to dump excess gold. And as has been mentioned, there are ways to get around that "long walk" to the Bazaar.
Regarding farming and the time it takes... if you plan ahead you can make the time you spend farming count towards several different goals. Farming creatures that count towards a badge for instance and you're killing two birds with one stone. A little due diligence researching who drops what and you can farm for several things at once.