Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

TC drop rates/ Spell drop rates or even possibly Buyable spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 03, 2017
After spending 260K crowns of Wysteria lore packs and only getting 8 Pigsie Treasure cards that brings up an issue of how much is too much? 260,000C/399C yields you close to 652 packs that you can open and still not get the spell or the 10 Treasure cards needed to craft the spell. So far that makes it a 1 in 81.45 chance to get one TC.

Not Everyone Has God Luck.

You might ask well why did you spend 260k+ crowns on packs when you can farm Loremaster and get it. After watching my friend spend the better half of 3 years playing the game and farming Loremaster and only getting 3 cards none of them for life 300+ runs
you move onto the next possible way of getting them, Card packs.

I'm not asking the chance of them dropping to be unreasonably lower but they also shouldn't be too high either a 1 in 20 chance or even a 1 in 25 chance I feel would be reasonable. its not too much and allows people to spend more on packs with out giving them hopelessness that turns them away. But right now a 1 in 81.45 chance doesn't look good from a customer perspective. the house cant always win because then nobody plays. but the house also cant always lose.

Another reasonable solution would be just offering the spells for crowns in the crown shop. hey you want this spell pay this many crowns and save yourself time and a hassle. Again how much is reasonable? A level 50 elixir costs 30,000 crowns or $50 USD. At a 1 in 20 chance it could cost them anywhere from roughly $8 with god luck to close to $100 for the worst luck in the world. It doesn't need to be $50 for a card but it also shouldn't be too low because then nobody would buy packs. A possible price could be say anywhere from $30 to $50.

From a business sense I understand needing to make money but if you go off the Walmart business strategy of offering things at a lower price you could in turn make more money in the long run. It opens the doors to more people wanting to buy things when the cost tend to be reasonable.

Please a comment below so we can discuss this.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
I realize there are plenty of people who dislike the Beastmoon event, but I suggest to you that you go in to Beastmoon Hunt regular (not the Monster Mayhem which is running now). Go in and play one match that will get you one Beast Moon planter. Then you have to earn 150 Lunari by doing a few matches, (if you are lucky you can get this in about 6-7 matches, if not so lucky you may have to play around 10-11 matches). Once you have earned enough Lunari to buy the Life Moon Seed, plant it and keep harvesting, planting, harvesting and planting. You will have all the Pigsie TC's you need for free. All you have to do is invest enough time in Beastmoon Hunt regular event to

A) earn your one BM planter (you get 2 more after playing 25 total matches - right now you can have a maximum of three BM planters)

B) earn the 150L to buy the Life Moon Seed recipe from the vendor in the PVP arena

I know you are asking KI for alternate ways to get the treasure cards, but this is the easiest and least expensive way in my opinion.

Best of luck!
Rowan Leaf 78 (once I make it to Dun Scaith I will be crafting the Pigsie spell)

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
sorry for you.
that could be great but if the spell become available on direct buy why would we continue to buy pack?

personnaly i got pigsie by farming loremaster for tc with a friend (i got all pigsie he could drop and i give him all storm tc i could get) i got 4 tc after around 100 fight (1 for me and 3 for him) after that i asked trade lore tc against lore tc 1 for 20 or 30 and after few week of regular asking i got the 6 needed and i crafted it at avalon.

but i heard lore spells will be reworked to be obtainable from more spreaded sources around the spiral and aquiring these spells by the spellmental way.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
I agree that lore TC drop rates are atrocious from Loremaster and from packs.

A lot of people miss that there are alternative sources for MOST lore TCs which are craftable. While the grizzleheim lore spells are still Loremaster locked and a few Wysteria spells are, too, in the case of Pigsie, those treasure cards CAN be gardened from Life Moon Seeds which are obtained by crafting from reagents acquired during the Beastmoon events.

The spells I am complaining about are snowpig, and the grizzleheim TCs.