Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggestion on pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 16, 2013
Any chance the game can add a way to allow players to put a brief description on pets? Hard to remember which pet was hatched with which other pet, what talent were manifested during hatch, etc

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I screen shot the hatch and put the image into a project file. Having a notes section would be so much easier and people who don't want the kinds of notes we might add (eg about the parent pets) might like it for noting who owned the pet they hatched with so they can easily check back when letting them know what it got or to arrange another hatch etc.

I'd love it if there was a little thing to hover over that would bring up the hatch image showing the parents like we see in the hatcher!

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
If you are serious about hatching, don't rely on KI to add a brief description. Setup an excel spreadsheet or something similar.

The reason I say this is because you want to track the full talent pool for each pet (all ten talents - or as many as possible). If you start with first generation pets, you know all ten talents in pool from wiki - and their order. If you are familiar with the Talent Order Project (if not google it) you can then usually predict most if not all of the ten talents in the pool of the offspring.

If you hatch with strangers pets then it is not so easy, or if you are, for example, hatching a ward pet where most talents are Ultra. However, by the time to get it to adult and have a couple of talents to help with the Talent Order Project sorting, you can usually get a good idea of the pool. If you self hatch, then talents in the offspring tell you about the parents pools even if the pet fails.

It is a bit of work to track in excel - but trust me, you will save an enormous amount of time because you won't waste time levelling pets to mega that have no chance of getting the talents you want. It also helps to remove unwanted talents from the pools. And, if you persist with pets with desired talents in pool, they eventually show up even if parents didn't manifest them.

You can never predict exactly which talents will manifest - but tracking the pool can tell you what is possible and will save you time. I doubt KI will ever help you track the full talent pool - so use Talent Order Project wisely.