Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

storm wizards using ice rings?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 14, 2008
well today i was playing normally and i checked one of my friends. he is lv 50
storm and i was checking his gear and it said he had a ring called gurtok celcius (sorry for spelling.). and the ring was ice so it was giving him GREAT stats. how do you do this??

Administrator
The rings that were introduced when Dragonspyre opened were mistakenly not given scholastic requirements. When those requirements were placed on the rings, any equipped rings were still active.
That is how your storm friend was able to wear an ice ring.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jan 04, 2009
Prof Greyrose,

Seriously? So as long as these people don't take these types of items off they will continue to work? That's pretty cool. I just wish I had gotten to Dragonspyre in time to get something like that for myself.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
The rings that were introduced when Dragonspyre opened were mistakenly not given scholastic requirements.

Correct me if I am wrong, but also in DragonSpire most myth gear ( Hat, Robes, shoes ect.) Also do not have any level requirments (sorry for spelling) nor do they have school requirments. This is very odd becuase my level 30 pyro can wear myth armor that gives +17% defence and +12% attack for myth.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Noclue42 wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but also in DragonSpire most myth gear ( Hat, Robes, shoes ect.) Also do not have any level requirments (sorry for spelling) nor do they have school requirments. This is very odd becuase my level 30 pyro can wear myth armor that gives +17% defence and +12% attack for myth.

Usually gear that seems to be associated with a particular class is not actually restricted to that class unless it gives either health or power pip percentage. In the case of health, this is so that it can give more health to some classes than others. See any dagger shop for a clear comparison here. I'm not sure if the game does that with power pip percentage, too.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
Well i have this freind who got a ice ring a few days ago (she's life) and she put it on

no fair

Administrator
This bug was addressed quite some time ago. Your friend probably already had the ice ring equipped before the update.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Explorer
Nov 04, 2008
yeah i have a life ring and i'm death so my friends thought i was an adminastrator(excuse my spelling) that was testing out some sort of new ring since they were only at kroktopia

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Noclue42 wrote:

Excuse me if I happen to be wrong; but by the time you get to DragonSpyre, .... how much higher can you actually go anyway? Hmm?