Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spellments Ideas per Feb 16 Dev Diary

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Spellments. I love them. I do subscribe to the one pack every 7 days and absolutely love it.

That said, I would like to make a recommendation about where to get them from. Make them available from gardening, a new plant would be nice. How about a new reagent to pick up? one we might find in the various libraries around the Spiral. Spellments are a scholarly endeavor and would be found in scholarly locales.

Please do NOT have Spellments drop exclusively from Beastmoon.

If Spellments are gotten from PvP have them be for the PvP spells only.

I would love to see Spellments become more widely available.

Steven Ghoststalker
Max Life

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Area51Alien on Feb 17, 2022 wrote:
Spellments. I love them. I do subscribe to the one pack every 7 days and absolutely love it.

That said, I would like to make a recommendation about where to get them from. Make them available from gardening, a new plant would be nice. How about a new reagent to pick up? one we might find in the various libraries around the Spiral. Spellments are a scholarly endeavor and would be found in scholarly locales.

Please do NOT have Spellments drop exclusively from Beastmoon.

If Spellments are gotten from PvP have them be for the PvP spells only.

I would love to see Spellments become more widely available.

Steven Ghoststalker
Max Life
I have a similar opinion on this matter. Spellement for PvP and Beastmoon make sense only for spells that are exclusive to PvP and Beastmoon. And since Spellements for Beastmoon spells makes no sense, I find it difficult to understand why they are considering Spellements only from Beastmoon.

I'll second Area51Alien; Please do NOT have Beastmoon-exclusive Spellements. We should not have to be forced to do a time-limited event in order to upgrade a spell of our desire. I have reason to believe such a move would be viewed negatively by the playerbase, and it would be unpleasant overall.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Another idea for where to have Spellments available,

Have Spellments and Spells be the only thing that Loremaster drops.

S GS
Max

Survivor
Jul 29, 2018
I agree with this. Having spellements gated by pvp/beastmoon/timed events would be harmful to our ability to collect them. PvP can have exclusive pvp spells, but don't have it be the only way to get one spell upgrade. I want to be able to farm for spellements the same way I am farming for jewels, gear, and seeds. Side modes can further help increase access, but shouldn't be exclusive.

A Loremaster update would be an improvement to her system as we could then transfer spellements, and/or only give your school spells before other schools drop. A spellement boss in the WC library could be cool to fight, with rewards scaling per level/world. So a level 30 gets more spellements for the 1-2 pip spells and a 150 in Lemuria can get more of the 7-8+ pip spellements.

Perhaps bosses in each world drop spellements related to the world/level, as well as their school/school mastery. Spellements have huge potential to consistently increase our strength and spell usage to always feel progression, and having it be in the regular questing setting would be nice to at least introduce it to players before learning to farm certain bosses/places to get as many as they want to. At least share where types of spellements are, even if no details are shared. (like share world names for spells, or types of bosses/enemies)