Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell tune-ups

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 26, 2012
Recently Kingsisle have greatly hinted that the commons in wizard city will be getting a much needed visual update. Whenever this will happen I can say for certain that older players will greatly appreciate this and new players will receive a greater feel for the quality environments that can be seen later on in the game.

After the new commons is up and running I suggest that the creators should take a look back at the graphics of the older spells in wizard101. Spells like fire elf, frost beetle, thunder snake, and imp are the first experiences the player has with the game's unique magical combat. These old favorites deserve some love in the form of a graphical touch-up.

What spells do you think needs this the most.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2011
rusher2828 on May 21, 2018 wrote:
Recently Kingsisle have greatly hinted that the commons in wizard city will be getting a much needed visual update. Whenever this will happen I can say for certain that older players will greatly appreciate this and new players will receive a greater feel for the quality environments that can be seen later on in the game.

After the new commons is up and running I suggest that the creators should take a look back at the graphics of the older spells in wizard101. Spells like fire elf, frost beetle, thunder snake, and imp are the first experiences the player has with the game's unique magical combat. These old favorites deserve some love in the form of a graphical touch-up.

What spells do you think needs this the most.
I personally think that spells like Link/Power Link, Banshee, Dark Sprite, and DoT spells (like Poison) or spells enhanced by Sun magic should get a better animation. Say that you casted a Scarecrow that was enhanced by Strong/Giant. It would be much more cooler to have a more deadly-looking Scarecrow than the simple animation it has already. Maybe they should make the King Artorius spell animation more unique for each school instead of just different colors and the symbol for said school.

-Victoria ThunderCloud, Lvl 73 Necromancer

Explorer
Nov 18, 2010
Yeah especially Spectral Blast, that spell is just ugly and lazy.