Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Some things that may add immersion

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 25, 2012
I've been playing this game since I was a kid (about seven years now, I've just turned 19). Wizard101 is one of the games that made me want to get into game design, which I'm proud to say I've done, now being an indie game designer in my spare time. One thing I've noticed is that there's not a lot of options in the game as far as character creation goes. Sure, you can decide your facial features (albeit not too intricately), hair, and robes, but character goes further than that. I think it would be cool if we could decide how old our character was (not too ridiculously, maybe like 10-19 years old), plus their body type (bulky, lanky, or nimble), and even their height (restricted by their age). I also think it would be cool if you could choose to start out as a student of Pigswick Academy rather than Ravenwood. Now obviously, the absence of these things isn't inherently a bad thing, because the game is already great as it is. I also think that instead of being items in the crown shop, the hairstyles that can be purchased with crowns should be relocated to a building in the Shopping District. There's a multitude of empty buildings in Wizard City, why not fill a few of them? It kind of feels like an abandoned neighborhood. If all those buildings are filled, the game would have a much more homely feel. And consider this: in Mirage, we can see where Malistaire and Sylvia lived. Professor Falmea's house is, understandably, on Firecat Alley. Why not add the other professor's homes, too? Even better, why not fill them with the school-oriented furniture from the crowns shop (which would also be nice as their own shops)? This way, people who have never bought them have an idea of what they're missing. And even if not all of the Ravenwood professors live in Wizard City (or the Pigswick Academy professors in Wysteria), there's plenty of NPC students that could have homes, such as Marla Stinger, Ceren Nightchant,
or Mindy Pixiecrown.

What are your opinions on this?