Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ranked PVP is getting ridiculous

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
I've been meaning to post this for a while, but never got around to doing it.
Every time, and I mean every time I enter a ranked pvp match, I end up having to fight a warlord, commander, or some other ridiculously high rank. I'm just a private rank, and I absolutely positively cannot win. I'm not trying to sound like a sore loser, these people are all VERY skilled, and I respect that. But I find it highly unfair that my rank goes through the floor because I get stuck in battles with high ranks. I'm sure many other people have this problem.
If I may be allowed to float a suggestion, we should only be allowed to engage in ranked combat with people our own rank. I'm very tired of seeing Private vs. Warlord, Corporal vs. Commander, etc. We should be able to fight with people at our own rank, so we can actually advance in ranked pvp and not sink to the bottom because of a barrage of warlords.
Again, I respect these people and their strength, but weaklings like me should be able to fight...well, other weaklings.
I just want to know; am I alone on this? What do you guys think?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
EpicGamergurl on Aug 16, 2016 wrote:
Every time, and I mean every time I enter a ranked pvp match, I end up having to fight a warlord, commander, or some other ridiculously high rank. I'm just a private rank, and I absolutely positively cannot win. I'm not trying to sound like a sore loser, these people are all VERY skilled, and I respect that. But I find it highly unfair that my rank goes through the floor because I get stuck in battles with high ranks. I'm sure many other people have this problem.
If I may be allowed to float a suggestion, we should only be allowed to engage in ranked combat with people our own rank. I'm very tired of seeing Private vs. Warlord, Corporal vs. Commander, etc. We should be able to fight with people at our own rank, so we can actually advance in ranked pvp and not sink to the bottom because of a barrage of warlords.
Again, I respect these people and their strength, but weaklings like me should be able to fight...well, other weaklings.
Agreed. I believe it better to NOT get a match if you have specifically NOT selected "Try All Opponents". Only after selecting that option should you possibly get matched outside of your skill level and possibly level range (of course after searching for appropriate ranges).

Hero
May 07, 2015
EpicGamergurl on Aug 16, 2016 wrote:
i feel ya.. I really feel ya. I am too a private and I never ever ever ever ever win :((((((((((. I fought a wild bolt spammer and guess what? I lost! ban that spell from pvp! PLEASE

oh and KI ban MANA BURN from PVP! it unfair! again, PLEASE

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
sun girl1122 on Aug 17, 2016 wrote:
i feel ya.. I really feel ya. I am too a private and I never ever ever ever ever win :((((((((((. I fought a wild bolt spammer and guess what? I lost! ban that spell from pvp! PLEASE

oh and KI ban MANA BURN from PVP! it unfair! again, PLEASE
As a non-PVP person, I admit that wild bolt at mana burn spamming really angers me and I don't know how to defend against it. But you need to realize that every school has some spells basically designed for PVP. Mana burn and wild bolt are some of them. As an outside perspective I understand that PvP is very broken, as there are a few cheap techniques and it needs to be re balanced, but I honestly don't know how. And banning spells left and right even though some of them are designed for PVP is not the answer.