Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Prank a Beggar - satire

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Many are the posts complaining about begging, well here are a couple ideas on how to "prank" a beggar.
Idea #1:
You'll need "beggar bait". Put on your best Bundle or Crown Shop gear, equip that Bundle or ( NEW! ) Crown Shop mount, then same for your pet. ( Remember, nothing says "I've got Crowns" like this stuff. )
Have a friend join you in the Commons on a "Busy" or "Crowded" realm. Make sure you have room on your "Friends List" as you're about to become a very popular Wizard. Make sure you're noticed, then have your friend begin talking.
FRD: That was some haul we got in ( name a farming dungeon ) I just wanted to thank you again for gifting me ( that pack, mount, amulet ).
You: NP, I got plenty of crowns now.
You should be hit by several requests at this point, accept one.
Beggar: Hey, could you gift me ( item )?
You: Sure!
Beggar * wow, I got a real softy!* Gee, Thanks!
You: but first you gotta do something for me.
Beggar: Huh, What?
You then ask them to help with some high level super difficult dungeon that the beggar has NO CHANCE of entering, let alone finishing.
Beggar: I can't do that!
You: To bad * shrug emote *
You then click "remove friend" and laugh.
The second idea is slightly more elaborate, but I'm running out of space, I will continue tomorrow.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Part 2
This requires a low level wizard, less than 20th but a level 5 would be ideal.
How the prank works:
Wearing basic bazaar issue with no mount and equipping a game card pet, the low level wizard goes to the Commons on a busy realm and "lurks". Look for a promising beggar, one who is approaching others and begging.
Then start following them everywhere and be obvious about it, get right up next to them.
Sooner or later that wizard will say something "Why are you following me?" Or, "Stop following me."
That's when you get to become an utter pest.
"I'm learning from you."
"What do you mean?"
"I'm learning to be a beggar from you." then start a one sided conversation. Ask a bajillion, dumb questions.
"Are you good at this?", "How much stuff do you get?", "Do players really give you free stuff?"
Ask them to friend you.
"Do you have Crowns?", "Can you gift me?"
Just think of all the evil things beggars have said to you in the past and apply them to your "victim".
It is likely the Beggar will change realms or "Ignore" you.
If you're "Ignored", just follow him around and try to ruin his begging, by telling players that he has crowns but is too cheap to spend them.
If the beggar changes realms, you can follow him, remember, to be a successful beggar requires people, so he/she will probably go to another busy realm.
Have fun, be evil, don't worry about a report. Trying to be friendly isn't a reportable offence ( just stay polite ).

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
It was a funny satire.

I especially liked this line: "Remember, nothing says "I've got Crowns" like this stuff. "

and

"
Make sure you have room on your "Friends List" as you're about to become a very popular Wizard."

LOL so true.

Ploy # 2 I would be hesitant about because they could report you for annoying or harassing based upon the following around or refusing to go away when asked.

It is still a funny satire :)

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
SparkleTude on Mar 8, 2017 wrote:
It was a funny satire.

I especially liked this line: "Remember, nothing says "I've got Crowns" like this stuff. "

and

"
Make sure you have room on your "Friends List" as you're about to become a very popular Wizard."

LOL so true.

Ploy # 2 I would be hesitant about because they could report you for annoying or harassing based upon the following around or refusing to go away when asked.

It is still a funny satire :)
I've been thinking that making them sing, "I'm a Little Tea Pot" out loud in the Commons while they use a dance emote, would make an excellent "prank".

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
This is glorious

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Nathan GreenEyes 100+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Khrysalis, join me!)

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
hahaha, i love these~ thanks for the laughs!

i did something similar to your second one. i was with a friend in avalon, and these two spoiled kids started going on about "oh, my mom only spent $800 on my christmas present this year" and stuff like that... so my friend and i started carrying on in a similar manner.

they called *us* spoiled and ungrateful before finally porting away, and the irony was so delicious i could have baked it into a battle muffin and served it to malistaire.

-von "pot, meet kettle" shadowsong

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Dr Von on Mar 11, 2017 wrote:
hahaha, i love these~ thanks for the laughs!

i did something similar to your second one. i was with a friend in avalon, and these two spoiled kids started going on about "oh, my mom only spent $800 on my christmas present this year" and stuff like that... so my friend and i started carrying on in a similar manner.

they called *us* spoiled and ungrateful before finally porting away, and the irony was so delicious i could have baked it into a battle muffin and served it to malistaire.

-von "pot, meet kettle" shadowsong
Delicious irony, indeed. Lol and they never caught on that you were mocking them! ( $800 for a Christmas present and they complained about the amount spent?! ) Obviously I was born to the wrong generation and economic strata.