Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please Read Kingsisle! PVP Tournaments are broken!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 06, 2011
4
I'm not sure if this was already planned to be fixed or not, but I strongly believe that that the player should NOT get additional arena tickets when they re-roll their arena prizes. With the current system, anybody that has crowns literally only has to play one tournament and then they can just re-roll until they get enough tickets to buy whatever they want. I support the re-roll option, I just strongly believe that whatever arena tickets are earned from the tournament is how much the player should receive. When a player re-rolls they should get a re-roll on item prizes, but not arena tickets. Each player should have to play and win tournaments to get enough to buy the items or gear they want. With the current system it's basically pay to win.

Thank you for reading, and please consider fixing the tournament re-rolls.

Michael

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
316
Eh, since tournaments are basically free (gold) they can either pay Crowns for tickets from the re-roll chest, or just enter more tournaments and lose. I don't think it's pay-to-win at all. It's just pay-to-get-there-faster.

Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
85
CapnMikee on Jul 30, 2016 wrote:
I'm not sure if this was already planned to be fixed or not, but I strongly believe that that the player should NOT get additional arena tickets when they re-roll their arena prizes. With the current system, anybody that has crowns literally only has to play one tournament and then they can just re-roll until they get enough tickets to buy whatever they want. I support the re-roll option, I just strongly believe that whatever arena tickets are earned from the tournament is how much the player should receive. When a player re-rolls they should get a re-roll on item prizes, but not arena tickets. Each player should have to play and win tournaments to get enough to buy the items or gear they want. With the current system it's basically pay to win.

Thank you for reading, and please consider fixing the tournament re-rolls.

Michael
Agreed

+1 support

-J
"Brittany Darkdust" level 110 Necromancer and professional derp

Survivor
Jul 06, 2011
4
PaigeGoldenspear on Jul 30, 2016 wrote:
Eh, since tournaments are basically free (gold) they can either pay Crowns for tickets from the re-roll chest, or just enter more tournaments and lose. I don't think it's pay-to-win at all. It's just pay-to-get-there-faster.
I just think it's a bit broken that you literally only have to play a single tournament (not even win it) and, if you have crowns, you can have enough tickets to buy anything you want.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2012
36
CapnMikee on Jul 31, 2016 wrote:
I just think it's a bit broken that you literally only have to play a single tournament (not even win it) and, if you have crowns, you can have enough tickets to buy anything you want.
Isn't that the point of a business? Kingsisle makes money off of crowns, so you're telling them to not make money? You're trying to fix something that isn't broken. How is it broken if you can use it to your advantage as well? I really don't understand your point, please elaborate!

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
419
Since tournaments used to cost crowns to play, they are literally giving up revenue for this change. However much it was. To offer it for gold now is huge, and I understand why people may be a bit put off by the feature to acquire arena tickets faster with crowns.

But If I were to guess there is going to be a huge surge in tournament participation when this update goes live. Players will be able to acquire arena tickets a lot faster now regardless of the crowns re-roll feature. As PaigeGoldenspear put it "it's just pay-to-get-there-faster."

I can't fault them in the slightest for finding a way to monetize this change.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
365
CapnMikee on Jul 30, 2016 wrote:
I'm not sure if this was already planned to be fixed or not, but I strongly believe that that the player should NOT get additional arena tickets when they re-roll their arena prizes. With the current system, anybody that has crowns literally only has to play one tournament and then they can just re-roll until they get enough tickets to buy whatever they want. I support the re-roll option, I just strongly believe that whatever arena tickets are earned from the tournament is how much the player should receive. When a player re-rolls they should get a re-roll on item prizes, but not arena tickets. Each player should have to play and win tournaments to get enough to buy the items or gear they want. With the current system it's basically pay to win.

Thank you for reading, and please consider fixing the tournament re-rolls.

Michael
disagree (reason why game going down hill) because to hard to win pvp and mostly people pay to win not pay to lose (wouldn't spend mine crown) on tournament (don't win easy) because so, much bad juju spammer and jade gear and ice wizard (just make match more harder so, would be possible to defeat them so, they regret a lost)

I do want whatever what life think make it useful that help mine ice allot (like death more because death more popular not like life because everybody mostly carry life dispel or infection because death a lot more easy to heal then life)

mostly hate pvp when try fine new strategy that just learn (mostly will fail) people can guess (others players good group good at guessing (know what spell going to use)

beside I like reroll because allot more easy just get arena ticket (Mostly I hate rank pvp mostly possible just win clued tournament (people win very easy with greater power) pvp wouldn't say GG (they one shot us) wouldn't be a good game under by who goes first or second!

mostly people say pay to win not pay to lose to win arena ticket mostly hate rank pvp because people to rank up (pay to win to rank up not to pay to lose to make rank goes down)

I think need chance private rank wizard (have them be immune to have there rank down for starters player that are newer in pvp because so, much rank booster because want there pvp gear or want warlord badge (because tier of losing there rank) allot people delete there wizard with bad rank (reason why some much others team against with puppet) so, make match harder to defeat higher level wizard while puppet blocking you path and your kill, on mine max level ice wizard (mostly lose to lower level balance) make harder cast shadow shrike try block the armor pierce from it attack! allot of death wizard using beguile because useful against aoe mostly storm likely because stronger school because most school don't block well against storm except for life/ice/death (they have allot of immunity)sometime storm

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
923
Gonna agree with the OP here. Having extra tix in the re-roll pool just doesn't seem in the spirit of the tournament prize structure, which allots tix based on actual performance.

(arguments about skill vs random chance notwithstanding.)

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
743
Tickets are the only reason I would reroll, but maybe compromise and limit the number of rerolls?
I can see the value in getting "bonus" stuff, but agree that it shouldn't be unlimited.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2011
4
Prince of Shadows on Aug 2, 2016 wrote:
Tickets are the only reason I would reroll, but maybe compromise and limit the number of rerolls?
I can see the value in getting "bonus" stuff, but agree that it shouldn't be unlimited.
That sounds perfectly reasonable. But once again, I don't think anybody should be able to play one tournament and get as many tickets as they like. I think there should at least be a limit on the amount of times you can re-roll.