Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Playing Wizard101 with only your Keyboard?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 22, 2016
Currently Wizard101 is set up to play with your mouse and keyboard, but a keyboard only option would be super neat.

I know there are some things you can do with your keyboard that you're never really told. Is there already a way to do this?

It'd be nice if you could do everything on the keyboard. Mouses are a hassle because they require a flat surface most of the time and if you're on a laptop or something those built in ones can be a pain too.

Defender
Apr 09, 2011
I know in battle you can choose spells and who to cast in

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
If you want to what you can do is simply hover your cursor over an icon(your spell book or somethin) then use arrow keys to move it to different buttons this also works in battles however you will need to use WASD keys to move your wizard

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Uncle Sweeney on Mar 30, 2016 wrote:
Currently Wizard101 is set up to play with your mouse and keyboard, but a keyboard only option would be super neat.

I know there are some things you can do with your keyboard that you're never really told. Is there already a way to do this?

It'd be nice if you could do everything on the keyboard. Mouses are a hassle because they require a flat surface most of the time and if you're on a laptop or something those built in ones can be a pain too.
You really only need a mouse for housing items, you can move using a keyboard and you can select spells using the arrow keys and use them using the enter key.

Lvl 110
Lvl 70
Lvl 25

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
Adam Wintersinger on Mar 31, 2016 wrote:
You really only need a mouse for housing items, you can move using a keyboard and you can select spells using the arrow keys and use them using the enter key.

Lvl 110
Lvl 70
Lvl 25
Oh, I noticed I could select with the arrow keys, but I didn't know I could use with enter.
Thanks!

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
Using enter didn't work. It just brought up chat.