Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Plant App Much Needed.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 24, 2014
38
I'm A Huge Planter But I Don't Have "Every 5 Seconds" To Check Out My Plants, So They Should Make A Plant App Its Were You Can Take Care Of Your Plants Theirs Already A App For Pets So Why Not Plants Thats My IDeas Tell Me More Ideas That The Plant App Should Have.
Rember Stay Cool And Keep On Loving Wizard101

- From Yours Majic Master
Off Topic I Made This When I Was Little And Didn't Know How To Spell Magic xD

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
861
Historian
Jun 17, 2014
671
plants dont update unless you enter your house..... just dont enter unless you're ready to treat them

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2214
majic master on Jan 18, 2017 wrote:
I'm A Huge Planter But I Don't Have "Every 5 Seconds" To Check Out My Plants, So They Should Make A Plant App Its Were You Can Take Care Of Your Plants Theirs Already A App For Pets So Why Not Plants Thats My IDeas Tell Me More Ideas That The Plant App Should Have.
Rember Stay Cool And Keep On Loving Wizard101

- From Yours Majic Master
Off Topic I Made This When I Was Little And Didn't Know How To Spell Magic xD
You shouldn't be checking your plants more than once to maybe twice a day at the most. The only thing you will accomplish by going more often is possibly causing a few to start wilting or even die. I never go to any one of my houses that has gardens planted(unless they are elder) unless it has been about 24 hours between each visit. Most plants take one to 2 days at least to get from seed to young, then mature a day or so later, then move toward elder. You can check their growth time through the Wiki on wizard101central.com if you are not sure
.

But checking them more than once a day is really not necessary. Just be sure you have all needs tended before you leave them.

If you are going to your house to put or take something out of your bank, go to your dorm room for that.

Illuminator
Mar 31, 2009
1270
While I agree that you don't need it to check your plants all day, I would definitely use this app. I am back in school now so I don't have time to always load up the computer to play Wizard101. However a companion app like Grub Guardian or this proposed Plant app would be a good easy way for me to still be semi-active with Wizard when I can't be at the computer. Just my thought.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
657
I second having a plant app. A plant app eliminates having to travel to my house to check their status. And the best part, I won't need to wait 1-2 days to check plants as other suggest because the plant app would bring me instantaneous access to their status. This is a brilliant suggestion!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2227
a plant app could be a neat idea, but I dont think it's NEEDED. Would I use it? Sure, at times, but like another has posted, I only check them once or twice a day max.

A+ Student
Jan 18, 2010
1987
If an app can't work, then probably a notification stating that your plants require harvesting or needs that require tending to? Which can of course in turn be toggled on or off within the options menu for players who would opted not to have this option.


Explorer
May 22, 2009
65
I think this would be amazing, especially if you wanted to make sure your plants get to elder faster, get rewards faster. This would also help if you were going out of town and wanted to do your plants but could not, instead of dragging a laptop around, just use the app. And they do have grub guardians, so it would be great if they had this also. Great idea btw

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
657
dayerider on Jan 21, 2017 wrote:
a plant app could be a neat idea, but I dont think it's NEEDED. Would I use it? Sure, at times, but like another has posted, I only check them once or twice a day max.
One of the reasons I and my family love playing Wizard101 is because of all the choices and options everyone has in the game. Having a plant app eliminates the need or requirement to travel back to your house to check on plants; that's the point. And this app can be turned on and off; it's a win-win for everyone. Players that want to use them can; while players that won't don't have too.

How many features exist in the game today that some player believed weren't needed (i.e. arrow directing you where to go, a message reminding you what daily assignment you have to do, teleporters, mana or fish vendors, etc..). I remember before these existed, players were posting about wanting such things, and other players commented how such features aren't needed. And yet they all exist in the game today.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2214
Tylerwildpants on Jan 23, 2017 wrote:
One of the reasons I and my family love playing Wizard101 is because of all the choices and options everyone has in the game. Having a plant app eliminates the need or requirement to travel back to your house to check on plants; that's the point. And this app can be turned on and off; it's a win-win for everyone. Players that want to use them can; while players that won't don't have too.

How many features exist in the game today that some player believed weren't needed (i.e. arrow directing you where to go, a message reminding you what daily assignment you have to do, teleporters, mana or fish vendors, etc..). I remember before these existed, players were posting about wanting such things, and other players commented how such features aren't needed. And yet they all exist in the game today.
The quest arrow has always been in the game.

I have never had a message about Daily assignment and would turn it off if I did. Teleporters make it easier to travel between houses or into houses if you have plants outside.

We now have a notification letting us know when a friend has logged in. That, I turned off immediately. In my opinion, when I saw this being requested, It seemed like stalking. I don't need to be notified if a friend logs in. We have other means of communicating and we aren't all running the same areas or worlds. It is annoying to have notifications popping up on my screen when I am in a battle or gardening. My friends are welcome to port or chat with me anytime, but I won't have that notification on.

I don't agree that a plant/gardening app/notification is needed, BUT, If KI were to implement it, I certainly hope it can be turned off.

Some of the features aren't needed and a gardening app is one I don't agree with. I check my gardens on a 24 hour schedule and don't see any need to do so more often.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2227
Tylerwildpants on Jan 23, 2017 wrote:
One of the reasons I and my family love playing Wizard101 is because of all the choices and options everyone has in the game. Having a plant app eliminates the need or requirement to travel back to your house to check on plants; that's the point. And this app can be turned on and off; it's a win-win for everyone. Players that want to use them can; while players that won't don't have too.

How many features exist in the game today that some player believed weren't needed (i.e. arrow directing you where to go, a message reminding you what daily assignment you have to do, teleporters, mana or fish vendors, etc..). I remember before these existed, players were posting about wanting such things, and other players commented how such features aren't needed. And yet they all exist in the game today.
I never said dont add it, I simply said I'd rarely use it and that it's not really needed. If they add it, great, I know some people will be happy if they do. If they dont, then people can still play the game.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
657
DragonLady1818 on Jan 23, 2017 wrote:
The quest arrow has always been in the game.

I have never had a message about Daily assignment and would turn it off if I did. Teleporters make it easier to travel between houses or into houses if you have plants outside.

We now have a notification letting us know when a friend has logged in. That, I turned off immediately. In my opinion, when I saw this being requested, It seemed like stalking. I don't need to be notified if a friend logs in. We have other means of communicating and we aren't all running the same areas or worlds. It is annoying to have notifications popping up on my screen when I am in a battle or gardening. My friends are welcome to port or chat with me anytime, but I won't have that notification on.

I don't agree that a plant/gardening app/notification is needed, BUT, If KI were to implement it, I certainly hope it can be turned off.

Some of the features aren't needed and a gardening app is one I don't agree with. I check my gardens on a 24 hour schedule and don't see any need to do so more often.
I completely agree with you that some features aren't needed in the game. I love your idea of being about to turn on and off features in the game that you feel are completely unnecessary; this is brilliant! If KI created a new function a person didn't like, love or agree with, they could just turn it off and never be bothered by it ever again. The world wouldn't end, no one would have to shake and pump their fists in the air, or wave their hands in the air like they just don't care, stomp their feet, cross their arms, hold their breath until they pass out, or take their ball home, cause they don't want to play anymore!

Hmm, now to figure out how to get the rest of the world on a 24-hour schedule, so they only have to visit their houses once per day.... ....wow, this is challenging... ...everyone on the same 24-hour schedule... ...hmm, to do this successfully would require a 24-hour schedule app that let all players instantly know the status of their plants without even having to visit their house. This would eliminate having to actually keep a schedule, or purposely visit your houses once every 24-hours; because everyone would just know when their plants need maintenance or not. You're brilliant DragonLady1818! I hope KI implements your idea; this will benefit players everywhere! And best of all; if players don't like it, they can turn it off!

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
657
dayerider on Jan 23, 2017 wrote:
I never said dont add it, I simply said I'd rarely use it and that it's not really needed. If they add it, great, I know some people will be happy if they do. If they dont, then people can still play the game.
That's the spirit Dayerider! I think it's cool that you support adding this app too!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2214
Tylerwildpants on Jan 24, 2017 wrote:
I completely agree with you that some features aren't needed in the game. I love your idea of being about to turn on and off features in the game that you feel are completely unnecessary; this is brilliant! If KI created a new function a person didn't like, love or agree with, they could just turn it off and never be bothered by it ever again. The world wouldn't end, no one would have to shake and pump their fists in the air, or wave their hands in the air like they just don't care, stomp their feet, cross their arms, hold their breath until they pass out, or take their ball home, cause they don't want to play anymore!

Hmm, now to figure out how to get the rest of the world on a 24-hour schedule, so they only have to visit their houses once per day.... ....wow, this is challenging... ...everyone on the same 24-hour schedule... ...hmm, to do this successfully would require a 24-hour schedule app that let all players instantly know the status of their plants without even having to visit their house. This would eliminate having to actually keep a schedule, or purposely visit your houses once every 24-hours; because everyone would just know when their plants need maintenance or not. You're brilliant DragonLady1818! I hope KI implements your idea; this will benefit players everywhere! And best of all; if players don't like it, they can turn it off!
@Tylerwildpants, KI has already set several of our options with a "On-Off" in our "OPTIONS".

Turning on and off Chat, Friends logging in notifications, allowing TC Trades or not, Your quest arrow can be turned on or off, etc, etc, etc. All options are just that. They can be turned on or off.

So this is nothing new.

As for players checking plants once a day, I said I check mine about every 24 hours. That is based on WHEN I actually planted them. How others check theirs is up to them but I just don't see the need for a garden app.

As for the app being of any viable use, no, it won't... If you visit your house EVERY TIME a single plant needs tending, you risk missing needs on other plants without realizing it causing wilt if you aren't paying attention.... The idea of just check them about once a day, ensures you have full energy and all needs are tended at one time.

IF this kind of app were implemented, It would need to be set to only go off WHEN ALL plants needed tending. I see a lot of problems with adding something like this and that is why I would never use it.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2010
19
An app such as this is, first of all unheard of in an MMO game. Literally no other game has this, and for good reason. It would take away the multiplayer part of the game, so its not an MMO. And what are you role playing as?
This would be just another "Farmville" game. And of course it has to connect to the KI servers so you need WiFi
meaning
unless you can find WiFi, you cannot use this app away from home. also, why can you not just wait a while til you check on your plants? They dont die THAT quickly. And if they do so what? just revive them, or do not start a garden in the first place, if you cannot commit to it. but hey that's MY opinion.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2014
38
Wow thanks for your opinions we need to get this to Kingsale we really need a plant app i really do

Survivor
Jun 24, 2014
38
camahawk on Jan 20, 2017 wrote:
plants dont update unless you enter your house..... just dont enter unless you're ready to treat them
That is not true sadly.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4162
majic master on Jan 25, 2017 wrote:
That is not true sadly.
It is true. Plants do not get needs or update to the next level until you visit them.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
657
DragonLady1818 on Jan 25, 2017 wrote:
@Tylerwildpants, KI has already set several of our options with a "On-Off" in our "OPTIONS".

Turning on and off Chat, Friends logging in notifications, allowing TC Trades or not, Your quest arrow can be turned on or off, etc, etc, etc. All options are just that. They can be turned on or off.

So this is nothing new.

As for players checking plants once a day, I said I check mine about every 24 hours. That is based on WHEN I actually planted them. How others check theirs is up to them but I just don't see the need for a garden app.

As for the app being of any viable use, no, it won't... If you visit your house EVERY TIME a single plant needs tending, you risk missing needs on other plants without realizing it causing wilt if you aren't paying attention.... The idea of just check them about once a day, ensures you have full energy and all needs are tended at one time.

IF this kind of app were implemented, It would need to be set to only go off WHEN ALL plants needed tending. I see a lot of problems with adding something like this and that is why I would never use it.
No Way DragonLady1818, KI already set several of our options with an "On-Off" in our "OPTIONS"! This is fantastic; thank you very much for inventing this feature; and sharing your insight and wisdom in the forum too. I like how everyone can contribute to a forum discussion to enhance the conversation and topic. And knowing that KI allows players to turn on and off options is awesome. Stephen Wright was turning on and off a light switch in his house he had no idea what it did. A couple of months later, he received a letter from woman in Germany telling him to cut it out!