Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet names from drops and quests

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 15, 2015
62
I think we all find it pretty annoying when we get a pet as a drop from a battle or it's a reward for a quest and it's name is like "lady Sebastian" or "sir Amanda" or anything were the gender for the name and what ever is before the name don't match(which has happened all but two times for me). So I was hoping kingsisle could make it so certain beginnings and endings couldn't go together when the name is randomly selected. It's not a very good change but it's just a simple thing to fix that could just make the game a bit less annoying sometimes.

-Sierra Pearl
Legendary sorcerer

Survivor
Nov 10, 2010
14
You can go into the Dye Shop and change your pet's name there.

Explorer
Sep 15, 2015
62
AaronUnicornIce on Nov 8, 2015 wrote:
You can go into the Dye Shop and change your pet's name there.
I know but it's a bit annoying having to always go back to change the name it would be much easier if it came with an ok name. Maybe you could go back and change it to something better but at least you wouldn't need to take a brake from questing and go all the way to wizard city so often because the pet name is horrible.

-Sierra Pearl
Legendary sorcerer

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
945
AaronUnicornIce on Nov 8, 2015 wrote:
You can go into the Dye Shop and change your pet's name there.
Yes, but it's a pain to have to do that practically every time I get a new pet. We should be able to name pets when they hatch instead of the game giving us a random name for the pet.

Survivor
Nov 10, 2010
14
lewski on Nov 9, 2015 wrote:
Yes, but it's a pain to have to do that practically every time I get a new pet. We should be able to name pets when they hatch instead of the game giving us a random name for the pet.
I've never seen it being too difficult. KingsIsle can't really make pets come with a 'decent name,' because that's entirely based on opinion. What might seem like a dumb name to you may seem like an awesome name to another.

Explorer
Jun 27, 2014
82
Sierra Pearl on Oct 30, 2015 wrote:
I think we all find it pretty annoying when we get a pet as a drop from a battle or it's a reward for a quest and it's name is like "lady Sebastian" or "sir Amanda" or anything were the gender for the name and what ever is before the name don't match(which has happened all but two times for me). So I was hoping kingsisle could make it so certain beginnings and endings couldn't go together when the name is randomly selected. It's not a very good change but it's just a simple thing to fix that could just make the game a bit less annoying sometimes.

-Sierra Pearl
Legendary sorcerer
it is a little annoying to get gender confused pets where the prefix doesn't suit the suffix. I have often thought there could be a way to stop it, maybe if they just left the prefix off entirely with new pets then at least it wouldn't be as annoying. It isn't a major issue but it is quite annoying.