Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Bonus

1
AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Jan 18, 2010
1872
I know we got this last week, but!

With the introduction of the new hatchmaker, the Pet Pavilion is full!

We're all busy training and hatching pets.

That said, is it too much to ask for this bonus for this weekend?

I'm sure most of us would overwhelming appreciate it! :D


Explorer
Sep 20, 2017
93
Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1427
Star Edward on Apr 12, 2018 wrote:
I know we got this last week, but!

With the introduction of the new hatchmaker, the Pet Pavilion is full!

We're all busy training and hatching pets.

That said, is it too much to ask for this bonus for this weekend?

I'm sure most of us would overwhelming appreciate it! :D

So the hatch kiosk has led to more people being in the Pet Pavilion not fewer?

As I thought it might
So, it sounds like the kiosk will only increase 'socializing in the game' which is great news. Everyone who worried should now be happy. Hopefully!

Survivor
May 11, 2015
37
A+ Student
Jan 18, 2010
1872
SparkleTude on Apr 13, 2018 wrote:
So the hatch kiosk has led to more people being in the Pet Pavilion not fewer?

As I thought it might
So, it sounds like the kiosk will only increase 'socializing in the game' which is great news. Everyone who worried should now be happy. Hopefully!
Exactly!

I've actually encountered numerous persons sharing their thoughts on the hatchmaking system; many praising it.

Also saw persons explaining the mechanic of it to others.

Was a very lovely sight!

The community is being brought together before our very eyes

And I must say, I'm proud to be a part of this movement :D


A+ Student
Jan 18, 2010
1872
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem our request will be getting approved.

Highly disappointed;

Maybe next time..


A+ Student
Jan 18, 2010
1872
I saw something today in Pet Pavilion while that really bothered me a little.

It was a convo of a girl and her friend again giving their thoughts on the newly introduced hatchmaker system.

The female was basically very upset about it, she claimed that her current pet (that she claims took her six years to craft) can now be gotten within a week or so and because of this, she think the hatchmaking system is highly unfair, and a jab to those who invested considerable amounts of time towards crafting/making their ultimate pets.

Her friend even shouted that all the good pets should be pulled down by their owners; only leaving the bad ones or less desirable ones up for hatching.

She wants all pet owners with pets on the hatchmaker kiosk to boycott the intention of the system.

What do you think of this?

I for one felt extremely uncomfortable to hear such a selfish thought being uttered, especially out loud.

But, does she have a point?


Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1427
Star Edward on Apr 14, 2018 wrote:
I saw something today in Pet Pavilion while that really bothered me a little.

It was a convo of a girl and her friend again giving their thoughts on the newly introduced hatchmaker system.

The female was basically very upset about it, she claimed that her current pet (that she claims took her six years to craft) can now be gotten within a week or so and because of this, she think the hatchmaking system is highly unfair, and a jab to those who invested considerable amounts of time towards crafting/making their ultimate pets.

Her friend even shouted that all the good pets should be pulled down by their owners; only leaving the bad ones or less desirable ones up for hatching.

She wants all pet owners with pets on the hatchmaker kiosk to boycott the intention of the system.

What do you think of this?

I for one felt extremely uncomfortable to hear such a selfish thought being uttered, especially out loud.

But, does she have a point?

Adding pets to the hatch kiosk is entirely voluntary, no?
So I'm not sure why she would complain it is unfair. If she doesn't want to share her pet or her past work to benefit strangers, she sure doesn't have to.
But adding it and then complaining about sharing it seems a bit contradictory, no?

A+ Student
Jan 18, 2010
1872
Precisely, but she seemed to be overall very angry that her "six year in the making pet" can now be gotten by anyone within a few days.

She's touting how unfair she believed that was and that she should be rewarded.

It's funny how such a welcomed addition like this can still be frown upon by the bitter.

Just no pleasing them.


Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1427
Area51: What other people have shouldn't harm her.

I don't understand, either.
Sometimes, in life, with progress, some difficult things become easier.

That benefits everybody.

Explorer
Sep 04, 2017
52
It has been very aggravating, going from Realm to Realm, trying to see around the spinners, trying to catch the person who has the pet you want to hatch with. I, finally, have a pet I love. There has been too many of the same pets and now I am seeing a lot of variety. Kudos to the inventor of the pet kiosk.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
1842
Star Edward on Apr 16, 2018 wrote:
Precisely, but she seemed to be overall very angry that her "six year in the making pet" can now be gotten by anyone within a few days.

She's touting how unfair she believed that was and that she should be rewarded.

It's funny how such a welcomed addition like this can still be frown upon by the bitter.

Just no pleasing them.

Speaking as someone who has spent years and millions of gold to create perfect pets for most of my wizards... I can kind of see where she's coming from. Kind of. To a point.

What it took me years of work to get - from farming for gold, repeated hatches, mega-snacks used by the millions, multiple pet fails - now someone can just pop in and buy a perfect pet in one day?!



But wait, what do I care how they go about it....? Why do I need them to "suffer" before they get a pet like mine, or else I'm gonna complain that my own achievement is somehow made "less" just because someone else had it (WAY) easier?

Um...

And besides, what really has changed?

All throughout this game, knowing someone with a perfect pet (and who was willing to hatch), was always the fast ticket to getting one ourselves. One year ago, anyone with connections and plenty of in-game resources could still pop in and "buy" a perfect pet within one day.

This kiosk just opens that route up to people who don't have social connections or gold/crown/time resources to fast track a perfect pet.

It sounds like this girl who believes people should withdraw their perfect pets from the kiosk just because she struggled in the past, therefore, also wouldn't approve of anyone freely hatching their perfect pet just out of the kindness of their heart. But whether it's from a free hatch in person, or an anonymous hatch from the kiosk, I don't see any real difference in difficulty since it still comes down to who has the most gold and access to crowns for resetting the timer. Just like it always has.

I don't know where I'm going with this post. I guess I'm saying: as hard as I've worked on my own pets, the hatcher is a welcome relief from farming for pet drops and then spending weeks to perfect a new pet. Rather than stewing in resentment, I'm grateful for how much easier this pet perfecting thing is going to be from now on.

Alia Misthaven

A+ Student
Jan 18, 2010
1872
CherOldBear on Apr 16, 2018 wrote:
It has been very aggravating, going from Realm to Realm, trying to see around the spinners, trying to catch the person who has the pet you want to hatch with. I, finally, have a pet I love. There has been too many of the same pets and now I am seeing a lot of variety. Kudos to the inventor of the pet kiosk.
There will always be spinners,

In fact I'm guilty of it too, but I don't overdue it, as for hours like most of these wizards seem to do.

Maybe there should be a time limit possibly?


A+ Student
Jan 18, 2010
1872
Exactly,

But she didn't seem to employ the level of thought you just did.

She was angry and she freely expressed her opinion.

At the same time, most of us are very grateful for such a system and like you said, I can see, slightly where she is coming from as I didn't have friends who were willing to hatch with me, had to start from the basis.

And, not to mention the countless heartbreak one goes through when a pet fails; especially at Epic or above..

But, like you said, at the end of the day, a great deal of resources is needed to craft a perfect pet, what has probably differ a bit is the speed in which this can be done.

Nevertheless, still a great addition!

Regardless of the wizard's views, the pros of other wizards touting the Kiosk far outweighs that of ones who have a negative opinion about it.


Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1427
Star Edward on Apr 17, 2018 wrote:
There will always be spinners,

In fact I'm guilty of it too, but I don't overdue it, as for hours like most of these wizards seem to do.

Maybe there should be a time limit possibly?

Speaking of "spinners," which for those who might not have seen this, are people who leave their wizard logged in by putting their wizard on 'spin in circles,' but then go away from computer sometimes for hours...
I don't care about it, but I do wish they'd find a spot that is out of the way first. Go behind a building, in a corner, anywhere there won't be a crowd later on.

People who spin in front of doorways, or in crowded places like the dye shop or the bazaar...that wasn't very considerate. It isn't like it was accidental, since people have to do things on purpose to make their wizard spin for hours.

Some of them also have sparkly things or large pets, so when you're in the queue at the bazaar you see them spin past your direct eyeline on a regular basis. Very distracting.
So please, if one must spin, find an out of the way spot before spinning for hours...this has been a public service announcement.

A+ Student
Jan 18, 2010
1872
SparkleTude on Apr 18, 2018 wrote:
Speaking of "spinners," which for those who might not have seen this, are people who leave their wizard logged in by putting their wizard on 'spin in circles,' but then go away from computer sometimes for hours...
I don't care about it, but I do wish they'd find a spot that is out of the way first. Go behind a building, in a corner, anywhere there won't be a crowd later on.

People who spin in front of doorways, or in crowded places like the dye shop or the bazaar...that wasn't very considerate. It isn't like it was accidental, since people have to do things on purpose to make their wizard spin for hours.

Some of them also have sparkly things or large pets, so when you're in the queue at the bazaar you see them spin past your direct eyeline on a regular basis. Very distracting.
So please, if one must spin, find an out of the way spot before spinning for hours...this has been a public service announcement.
Agreed.

Like I mentioned earlier,

A time limit should probably be stipulated to this.


Geographer
Aug 23, 2016
985
SparkleTude on Apr 16, 2018 wrote:
Area51: What other people have shouldn't harm her.

I don't understand, either.
Sometimes, in life, with progress, some difficult things become easier.

That benefits everybody.
Hmmm I don't recall posting on this thread.

I agree completely with everything that's been said.

Though for the life of me, I cannot remember posting here nor do I see a post.... Would KI have approved one and then pulled it later.

Either that, or I've lost it completely. Call the little men in their funny white coats.

Steven Ghoststalker
93.9

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1427
Area51Alien on Apr 20, 2018 wrote:
Hmmm I don't recall posting on this thread.

I agree completely with everything that's been said.

Though for the life of me, I cannot remember posting here nor do I see a post.... Would KI have approved one and then pulled it later.

Either that, or I've lost it completely. Call the little men in their funny white coats.

Steven Ghoststalker
93.9
Sorry!

"It's not you, it's me."

I got you confused with Star Edward.
Disregard. Disregard!

About the spinning thing, I did read your post about imposing a time limit but I think it would be easier and more efficient to simply disable the ability to 'spin' afk. I think if someone found themselves logged out and didn't realize a time limit had been put into the game they'd be upset.
Courtesy cannot be coded unfortunately so we will have to rely on people's manners in the meantime, not to spin in crowded places or doorways.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2017
1
I try to hatch my pets with the new update the kiosk I want a stormzilla I can't even get that pet could someone help me

A+ Student
Jan 18, 2010
1872
dragonbloodtrader on Apr 20, 2018 wrote:
I try to hatch my pets with the new update the kiosk I want a stormzilla I can't even get that pet could someone help me
To get the Stormzilla through the kiosk you have to be a member of the school.

Earlier, there was a bug where wizards could hatch with any school pets and still get that pet regardless of their school.

Stated otherwise, a for example could hatch any pet with a satyr and would still have a chance of receiving the school only pet.

So, because this has since been patched, ensure you're a diviner before attempting to hatch with a stormzilla to get one.

You can also level to 48 and complete your school quest to get one too.


A+ Student
Jan 18, 2010
1872
dragonbloodtrader on Apr 20, 2018 wrote:
I try to hatch my pets with the new update the kiosk I want a stormzilla I can't even get that pet could someone help me
I also realize that getting school only pets is a little harder (but not as hard as getting crowns pets).

It seems you'll have to hatch a couple times with said pet for any favorable results.

It'll take some amount of persistence.

Good Luck!


A+ Student
Jan 18, 2010
1872
SparkleTude on Apr 20, 2018 wrote:
Sorry!

"It's not you, it's me."

I got you confused with Star Edward.
Disregard. Disregard!

About the spinning thing, I did read your post about imposing a time limit but I think it would be easier and more efficient to simply disable the ability to 'spin' afk. I think if someone found themselves logged out and didn't realize a time limit had been put into the game they'd be upset.
Courtesy cannot be coded unfortunately so we will have to rely on people's manners in the meantime, not to spin in crowded places or doorways.
"It's not you, it's me."

I got you confused with Star Edward.
Disregard. Disregard!


XD

Lol, how did you get us confused?


Delver
Mar 10, 2015
218
I completely agree with the said girl. Making pets should not be easy- it should be accessible. I personally spent close to 600 captain cantaloupe and a ton of my nerves. An easy fix to this is to put a timer on the kiosk. The timer should be somewhere to 100 hours. This is across all wizard chars.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
89
Last year from April to October, I made make double triple max stat pets for each of my seven wizards. I used over $60.00 in elixirs and energy between my three accounts, over 5,000 mega snacks on each account, over 450,000 in gold on each wizard, not to mention the hours it took a day to train them and end up with multiple failures. I made these from scratch, the Armaments provided the max stat and my old pets provided the talents.
So I can fully understand this girls frustration, but it is her choice to offer the pet for hatching.
I have no problem hatching with long time friends and even some strangers that need help.
But to offer my max stat double triple pets to hatch with others for ONE hot pepper, not going to happen. This is an insult to me.
I have offered my failed pets for hatching and have gotten several hatches.
The Kiosk is great for the pet collector, that is what I think was the whole intention of it.
To get a pet with great talents is a extra bonus.

A+ Student
Jan 18, 2010
1872
Well, this is the thing,

She was obviously coming from a place of frustration and disappointment.

Although I didn't wish to see such comments about the kiosk, especially with it being just introduced, I fully get where she's coming from and like I said, she wasn't alone, she had a couple persons adamantly agreeing with her.

But as mentioned earlier, the only thing that really increases here is the accessibility towards the pets/talents one is aiming for.

You still need a great deal of resources to effectively craft a new and decent pet. - Someone even brought this point up to the group of friends.

While we're all entitled to our own opinions, one must not try to ruin a good thing for others just because you don't like it. - It seems this was what she was doing when she was campaigning for all decent pets be removed from the kiosk.


1