Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

People not commenting

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 18, 2011
So i know people aren't forced to comment on every post they look at but some of my posts which aren't half bad (even if i do say so myself ) have like 50-100 people looking at them but no one commenting and im just like what?! Why?! I just want peoples opinions on my ideas and no one seems to care or be bothered to reply.

All im asking is are people just reading it and dont have, dont want or cant get an account so therefore cant comment or are they just ignoring it on perpose cause im seriouly considering giving up posting on this forums.

Sorry for the rant but it ennoys me when people just cant be bothered to comment on ideas people have spent time and effort working on.

P.s its not just ideas its also problems which still havent been fixed.

P.p.s its not just me either, I try to comment on every post i agree with or like with a positive encouragement but other people still have no comments on there posts.

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
Ryan it's not the fact people don't care to post, it's the fact most people don't think about anything so they have nothing significant to add to posts. Most players can not read outside the box or between the lines, so they find it hard to bring new ideas. Plus most people rather play then comment on forums, we who like to post and help king isle come with new ideas are a rare breed of players.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
RYAN DEATHSTORM on Apr 1, 2017 wrote:
So i know people aren't forced to comment on every post they look at but some of my posts which aren't half bad (even if i do say so myself ) have like 50-100 people looking at them but no one commenting and im just like what?! Why?! I just want peoples opinions on my ideas and no one seems to care or be bothered to reply.

All im asking is are people just reading it and dont have, dont want or cant get an account so therefore cant comment or are they just ignoring it on perpose cause im seriouly considering giving up posting on this forums.

Sorry for the rant but it ennoys me when people just cant be bothered to comment on ideas people have spent time and effort working on.

P.s its not just ideas its also problems which still havent been fixed.

P.p.s its not just me either, I try to comment on every post i agree with or like with a positive encouragement but other people still have no comments on there posts.
From my understanding, many people don't leave comments for a few reasons, 1. some people are quiet and have no comments. 2. some people feel it's a waste of time thinking KI doesn't care to listen. 3. Many don't want to start an argument or be in one from good and helpful ideas to help others.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I don't read every post. During the week I'm busy, so most of my posting is on the weekends. Mostly I look for posts from people who need help with questing, spells, crafting and general game play.

Some posts, I read and if I see that someone else has already given a good answer, I'll let them have the last word.

Some posts, I just don't know how to respond or can't think of anything useful to say, so I stay mute. This is especially true if someone asks a question and I don't know much about the topic (example, I read the PVP & fishing boards but never respond there).

Some posts, I don't agree with but rather than be hurtful or argue with the person, I again just stay mute.

None of this is specific to you or your posts, it's just how I operate on this board in general. Maybe a lot of other people feel the way that I do and also don't post if they have nothing to add. In other words, I'm fairly certain that no one is ignoring you on purpose.

Because you were worried about it, I went out of my way to respond to this particular post that you made.

Alia Misthaven

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Thanks to you 2 for commenting on this and you make good points.

Lets take this post as an example, you 2 were the only 2 out of 33 who commented so do you really think 31 people either dont have an opinion or are too busy playing the game?

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Sometimes people don't want to leave negative comments or debate. Rather than say "I don't like your idea" they just ignore it.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
RYAN DEATHSTORM on Apr 2, 2017 wrote:
Thanks to you 2 for commenting on this and you make good points.

Lets take this post as an example, you 2 were the only 2 out of 33 who commented so do you really think 31 people either dont have an opinion or are too busy playing the game?
You need a membership in order to comment, but you can still view threads without one. That's why there are so many more views than charms/comments.