Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Password on Characters

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
My brother and I share an account and I wish there was a way to put a password on my characters so he won't go on and sell my stuff, or put my stuff in the shared bank and sell it on his account. It's super frustrating.

Anyone else have this problem with sharing their account?

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Technically you are not supposed to share accounts, so no.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2016
I've never shared accounts before, but I think you should ask your parents to have your own account and maybe contact support to transfer a character over to your new account if possible...
But actually I think this is a good idea especially in case someone hacks your account you have another password for your main wiz so they don't get into it. (For people who don't share)

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
I pay for everything and I didn't want to pay for another membership on another account

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Jimmyg1012 on Jun 14, 2017 wrote:
I pay for everything and I didn't want to pay for another membership on another account
This may be a terrible suggestion; but the only way to keep your brother from using your characters is to: change the password!
Block him and make him get his own account, ( maybe even buy him a few crowns to get him started ) this will also stop him from doing something that could get you muted or banned ( really, how many posts are there of someone trusting a sibling, then getting banned because sibling does something bad? ). Besides, this way you can adventure together.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
i agree with everyone, but if you refuse, put stuff in the attic? put things in the gear/jewel vault and chunk it somewhere he cant just walk and find.... BUT SHARING IS NOT CARING

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Well if it is your account, change the password and tell him he can not play unless he promises to stop messing with your stuff.