Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Overall School Wants?

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 06, 2009
633
Between the releases of Aquila, Azteca, and Khrysalis, it's occured to me that most of the schools seem to be in some form of "crisis" or at least want a little more out of their schools as we continue the stories.

Now, I might be confusing multiple school desires for future adjustments with an actual delay in their function in current gameplay. Whatever the case may be, over the last year since Azteca, this is what I've seen each school suggesting or pleading about:

: This one should be pretty obvious. Myth has asked for a new AoE spell since Celestia. I would agree that it would be nice if KI would step away from making them one hit killers, and gave them new AoE's every once in a while. I, personally, would suggest making a Double-hit AoE for Myth, because Double-hits and AoE's have been completely deficient since Dragonspyre.

: After Azteca, my understanding is Life wants to be a little more offensive and have more power-ups as well as more AoE's and DoT's. From what I've heard it's getting harder to solo or at least dish big damage since Azteca. Again, I don't disagree, I think Life could use a few more buffing abilities. A spell similar to "Raging Forest Lord" on the Forest Lord pet, might be sufficient.

: The only real complaint I've heard from other Death Wizards is that they would like fewer healing debuffs and more damage boosts or universal powers. I can agree with this because healing debuffs like Infection only shine in the PvP Arena, while in PvE, most enemies don't heal often or at all. To round it out, more AoE's would be well appreciated.

: I don't think there were many concerns from the Fire school, other than wanting a heavy hitting single-hit DoT spell. I also believe there were some complainers in the past arguing Fire could use slightly better gear and better spell effects. I could be wrong, but that's why I opened this discussion.

,and: I don't think there were any major concerns with any of these schools. All I could say from the small comment pool I remember, is that Ice wanted to do more defense with the rising offensive strategies, Storm wanted a slight improvement in Resistance, and, for the most part, Balance has little to complain about other than straighting a few kinks within their current arsenal and possibly more universal buffs, but otherwise stand strong.

Now these are all things I've simply heard and may be outdated to the current trend or may not be what you personally would like to see out of your school. I'm looking to start a thread over: What do you want to see improved in your school Khrysalis Part 1&2 forward?

Thanks for Reading!

Geographer
Sep 19, 2013
970
I agree with Death school needs. We want an earlier AoE, same as Life. We can get Scarecrow around DS and Deer Knight will take a lot of farming the Loremaster or crafting. My biggest problem with the school is the horrible global spell. All it does is mess up healing, which is pretty useless in PvE and bad if you get stuck with a bunch of Life wizards in PvP. Other schools get damage boosts, Life gets a heal boost, Balance gets a power pip boost (could come back to bite you in PvP, but pretty good in PvE) and all Death gets is "Weaken everybody's heals".

Delver
Jan 05, 2014
299
I think you will find few balance wizards who do not feel slighted in the damage boost department. Every blade or trap balance has can be used by other schools as well as balance, but the only non-balance damage boost spells balance can use come from death. Training death to feint is practically required for balance wizards, but this amounts to using 7 training points to get one useful spell. The balance bubble power play doesn't add to damage like most school bubbles do, and is generally a waste of pips. Several of the balance damage boost spells are trainable by other schools: elemental blade, elemental trap, spirit blade, and spirit trap are all trainable by any school for one training point with no prerequisites. What balance wizards want more than anything is another booster spell, and if its a trap make it balance only, not universal, so its not always stolen by a teammate before the casting balance wizard can use it.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
63
Nice break down. I realize that I may have a minority opinion here, but I though I would share with you my feeling on the two school I have been playing for five years now. I have other wizards too, but Life and Fire are where my studies and heart have always been.

My lvl 95 Life wizard: While I have heard multiple times from others that the school of life needs stronger attacks, I personally have found it easier to solo through a new world since I got past Dragonspyre. In fact, my Life wiz soloed the entire first half of Khrysalis, with the exception and Kravenly and Ghost Dog.

My lvl 95 Fire wiz: I'm satisfied with things the way they are going so far. In fact, the thing that gives me a huge smile a LOT (and is one of my favorite FRIENDLY debates) is when everyone brags on about how storm is the stronger than any other school. Well, I've been playing my fire (and life) wizard for five years now, and I will just say that I disagree.

I think the most interesting challenge to watch ahead of us is what, if any, counter there will be to the new shadow magic. Especially Shrike.

Steven - Promethean (and elixir vitae badge holder)
Steven Hawk - Promethean

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4162
DanTheTerrible on Feb 18, 2014 wrote:
I think you will find few balance wizards who do not feel slighted in the damage boost department. Every blade or trap balance has can be used by other schools as well as balance, but the only non-balance damage boost spells balance can use come from death. Training death to feint is practically required for balance wizards, but this amounts to using 7 training points to get one useful spell. The balance bubble power play doesn't add to damage like most school bubbles do, and is generally a waste of pips. Several of the balance damage boost spells are trainable by other schools: elemental blade, elemental trap, spirit blade, and spirit trap are all trainable by any school for one training point with no prerequisites. What balance wizards want more than anything is another booster spell, and if its a trap make it balance only, not universal, so its not always stolen by a teammate before the casting balance wizard can use it.
Balance doesn't have more buffs because there are no balance shields, and feint is pretty much required for every wizard. Balance has it easier that most in that regard because they get a LOT of free spells that other schools must buy, giving them extra training points. If Balance gets any of your wants, there needs to be a 70% and 80% Balance Shield added and a 75% and 85% TC Balance Shield added, just to make it like all other schools, since that's your wish.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
12
Already has deer knight another aoe really isnt needed it can do around 800 when enchantated.
could need some more health maybe finally 4000? im already at 3,600, besides that maybe a dot a storm can actually learn?
a single hit dot suits well.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
14
I have played with my level 39 balance wizard and to me, the only thing that any balance wizard wants is a balance shield from 35%-70% protection from balance. Or to just have more balance pets. This is what I think and have observed from others. If I am wrong please tell me.
.

Survivor
Jan 09, 2011
10
First of all: Not sure this is the best thread to post this under but I had to gets this out here anyway :)

I personally want new school pets that are at least decent. An Idea for these is the rank 10 spells (serpent, spiny, storm owl, etc.) Most people have put in a lot of money to get to maxed levels and money into crowns. I actually just had my grandmother get me the best deal package the $80 for 90k crowns. When she asked why? I told her, it's fun it's an Amazing Deal and it's better than having me play GTA (for those that know that game). I would like the school teachers to become like pet dealers because some of the older original pets like the original Phoenix has an amazing talent that let's it cast fire blade but I didn't get my pet to harness that talent but I want another original Phoenix.

For the new pets I think all should have their school blade
Baby: original blade from each school
Teen: two original blades
Adult: one original and one that is 5% higher
Ancient: original blade, the 5% higher and a trap that's 10% higher than a regular from that school
Epic: (so people actually use their school pets) original, 5% higher, 10% higher trap, +35% dragonblade
Mega: original, 5% higher blade, 10% trap, +35 dragonblade, zero pip feint.

This may seem like a lot to think of in a single pet but think of how much on average each player puts into this game to have fun. :)

For derby talents I think they should be nice for us people up in khrysalis
(Grrrr was glad I was copying throughout this. Just had my iPad freeze and had me exit out of safari)

Hurry
Big hurry
Super hurry
Charge up
Supercharge
Immunity
Other immunity thing that last longer
irl friend said there was a talent called bummer that halves the morale of everyone but yourself.
bombardier
bananas!
Few other talents to fill it up.

I will post another thing on regular talents. The the blades and stuff were things the pet gives nothing to do with other talents.

William HawkShield

Survivor
Jan 09, 2011
10
Ok if this one gets posted before the other one than fine.

Also I think there should be two versions of each pet that the schools trainers should sell one that has these good battle talents and there should be a version that is for pet derby talents where all the regular/battle talents are selfish talents that boosts it's owns stats (ex: will, power, intelligence, etc.)

Pet talents that would be nice for these like level 100 pets or whatever level you peoples (admins, designers, people-who-run-the-game) wanna release it

Every school pet should have a May cast balanceblade and/or dragonblade
Each school pet should have the May cast respective school blade (balance should have its own blade)
Each school pet should have its respective spirit or elemental blade (again balance should have its own blade).
Spell proof
Spell defy
Fairy
(Maybe a number down version ex: base of +680) satyr ( could also make this talent not allowed to be put into the genetics line to a pet other than a level 100 pet.) Ex: wintery elf should not be able to manifest this talent but sun serpent pet or storm owl pet should be able to acquire this talent.
May cast potent trap( adds a potent trap as the next up card after you discard or throw away a card) * cannot be reshuffled back in if discarded)
May cast sharpened blade ( same as above except for the fact that this would but sharpened blade as next card in line to come up after you threw away or discarded a card)
May cast tower shield

I could only imagine what people could come up for hybrids :P have fun with my ideas but give me credit for the original idea.... Even if it's just replying/quoting this.

William Hawkshield level 95

P.S. Just realized I don't think I out my level on the post before this....
*face palms*

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2412
cybergear on Feb 18, 2014 wrote:
Already has deer knight another aoe really isnt needed it can do around 800 when enchantated.
could need some more health maybe finally 4000? im already at 3,600, besides that maybe a dot a storm can actually learn?
a single hit dot suits well.
yes, death does have DK, but it's not a guarantee spell. you have to farm the heck out of loremaster or for the reagent drops. yes, ANYBODY can get it, but that does not mean EVERYBODY will. ALL Necromancers get Scarecrow. THAT is what people are talking about. Deer knight is a good spell. it's cheaper than crow, is an aoe and dot spell, but it's not a guarantee. That ONE bit takes away from it being the perfect spell. im not asking for the drop rate to be nerfed, im simply suggesting it isnt the end all be all solution.

Fire already has a single hit DoT; heck hound, fire elf, link and power link.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2412
Cunning Finnigan S... on Feb 15, 2014 wrote:
Between the releases of Aquila, Azteca, and Khrysalis, it's occured to me that most of the schools seem to be in some form of "crisis" or at least want a little more out of their schools as we continue the stories.

Now, I might be confusing multiple school desires for future adjustments with an actual delay in their function in current gameplay. Whatever the case may be, over the last year since Azteca, this is what I've seen each school suggesting or pleading about:

: This one should be pretty obvious. Myth has asked for a new AoE spell since Celestia. I would agree that it would be nice if KI would step away from making them one hit killers, and gave them new AoE's every once in a while. I, personally, would suggest making a Double-hit AoE for Myth, because Double-hits and AoE's have been completely deficient since Dragonspyre.

: After Azteca, my understanding is Life wants to be a little more offensive and have more power-ups as well as more AoE's and DoT's. From what I've heard it's getting harder to solo or at least dish big damage since Azteca. Again, I don't disagree, I think Life could use a few more buffing abilities. A spell similar to "Raging Forest Lord" on the Forest Lord pet, might be sufficient.

: The only real complaint I've heard from other Death Wizards is that they would like fewer healing debuffs and more damage boosts or universal powers. I can agree with this because healing debuffs like Infection only shine in the PvP Arena, while in PvE, most enemies don't heal often or at all. To round it out, more AoE's would be well appreciated.

: I don't think there were many concerns from the Fire school, other than wanting a heavy hitting single-hit DoT spell. I also believe there were some complainers in the past arguing Fire could use slightly better gear and better spell effects. I could be wrong, but that's why I opened this discussion.

,and: I don't think there were any major concerns with any of these schools. All I could say from the small comment pool I remember, is that Ice wanted to do more defense with the rising offensive strategies, Storm wanted a slight improvement in Resistance, and, for the most part, Balance has little to complain about other than straighting a few kinks within their current arsenal and possibly more universal buffs, but otherwise stand strong.

Now these are all things I've simply heard and may be outdated to the current trend or may not be what you personally would like to see out of your school. I'm looking to start a thread over: What do you want to see improved in your school Khrysalis Part 1&2 forward?

Thanks for Reading!
This is exactly why I posted the link at the bottom.

Death – completely agree
Fire – Fire's gear has been a complaint yes. As for the single hit DoT, I havent seen too much of requests asking for this, but I dont read every last post either. For me, the big thing is fire is the WEAKEST of elements when it comes to spells.

*waits for the uproar and accusations of being blind / without a brain to stop*

Look at the after effects Fire has. Now compare that to Ice AND Storm. Out of the Three, Fire is the WEAKEST. This needs to be addressed better and not just with new spells. New spells dont fix what's wrong now. I personally feel that current spells should be fixed, but that would take away from new content. now, people will say, "Ice needs all of that because of their weak attacks" and storm will say, "We are the strongest attacking school in the game so we deserve them more than everybody else"..... and yet fire gets completely ignored.

Do you want to know what I think is the big problem with why Fire and Death don't have good after effects? Because I think, people feel the Life Sap and DoT (beyond the initial hit) ARE the after effects. They're not; they're how the spell works.

I can't disagree that many schools need work, but I feel they need work on what's already there, not on rank 11+ spells. Unless something drastic happens, I cant see myself using and double digit rank spell for attacking. Why couldnt Fire Dragon get a smoke screen as well? Why couldnt Meteor Strike get a stun? I'm not saying that these have to be done, Im trying to start the conversation. im not looking to overpower any one school or unbalance the game; I think ALL schools have problem areas that need to be addressed before improvements can be made.

The last part of improving the game, school wise, is how to balance PvE vs PvP. PvE people feel PvP is getting all the good stuff or PvE is suffering because PvP complain about this or that. There has GOT to be a balance between the two. Perhaps, from now on, start making 2 new spells per world. One ONLY used by PvP, and one ONLY used by PvE. Each of these spells could ONLY be used in the realm they were created for and NEVER CROSSED OVER! This way, PvP can get new, slick spells, and PvE can get new, RELEVANT spells. Perhaps create two versions of the same spell. Example:

Dr Von's PvP: card stays as it is
Dr Von's PvE: infection gets replaced with a 30% Curse

it's beyond the point where ONE spell can cater to TWO needs

www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/spell-improvements-8ad6a4194304fe6b01434484711520fa?reset=1

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
55
We students demand a myth polymorph!

- First Age PvP Warlord

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3175
Here is my wizarding wish list:

My level 95 balance wizard would like a buff (trap or blade) that benefits sorcerers exclusively.
My level 95 necromancer would like the infections on his spells to be replaced by something useful.
My level 92 storm wizard would like more universal resist and block.
My level 63 theurgist would like a damage boost, instead of more healing ones.
My level 45 myth wizard would like an actual healing spell.
My level 45 ice wizard would like to not fizzle all the time.
My level 30 fire wizard would like a better heal than power link (and to get out of Mooshu).

and

Dr. Von Shadowsong would like Mally back, so she can beat him up (again), steal his awesome outfit and ride off into the sunset! Mwahaha!

Aztecapocalypse now!

-dr. mrs. von "I'm evil and you love it" shadowsong

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4162
dayerider on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:
This is exactly why I posted the link at the bottom.

Death – completely agree
Fire – Fire's gear has been a complaint yes. As for the single hit DoT, I havent seen too much of requests asking for this, but I dont read every last post either. For me, the big thing is fire is the WEAKEST of elements when it comes to spells.

*waits for the uproar and accusations of being blind / without a brain to stop*

Look at the after effects Fire has. Now compare that to Ice AND Storm. Out of the Three, Fire is the WEAKEST. This needs to be addressed better and not just with new spells. New spells dont fix what's wrong now. I personally feel that current spells should be fixed, but that would take away from new content. now, people will say, "Ice needs all of that because of their weak attacks" and storm will say, "We are the strongest attacking school in the game so we deserve them more than everybody else"..... and yet fire gets completely ignored.

Do you want to know what I think is the big problem with why Fire and Death don't have good after effects? Because I think, people feel the Life Sap and DoT (beyond the initial hit) ARE the after effects. They're not; they're how the spell works.

I can't disagree that many schools need work, but I feel they need work on what's already there, not on rank 11+ spells. Unless something drastic happens, I cant see myself using and double digit rank spell for attacking. Why couldnt Fire Dragon get a smoke screen as well? Why couldnt Meteor Strike get a stun? I'm not saying that these have to be done, Im trying to start the conversation. im not looking to overpower any one school or unbalance the game; I think ALL schools have problem areas that need to be addressed before improvements can be made.

The last part of improving the game, school wise, is how to balance PvE vs PvP. PvE people feel PvP is getting all the good stuff or PvE is suffering because PvP complain about this or that. There has GOT to be a balance between the two. Perhaps, from now on, start making 2 new spells per world. One ONLY used by PvP, and one ONLY used by PvE. Each of these spells could ONLY be used in the realm they were created for and NEVER CROSSED OVER! This way, PvP can get new, slick spells, and PvE can get new, RELEVANT spells. Perhaps create two versions of the same spell. Example:

Dr Von's PvP: card stays as it is
Dr Von's PvE: infection gets replaced with a 30% Curse

it's beyond the point where ONE spell can cater to TWO needs

www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/spell-improvements-8ad6a4194304fe6b01434484711520fa?reset=1
Fire has the weakest after effects? I wouldn't call -90% attack the weakest effect.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
861
dayerider on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:
This is exactly why I posted the link at the bottom.

Death – completely agree
Fire – Fire's gear has been a complaint yes. As for the single hit DoT, I havent seen too much of requests asking for this, but I dont read every last post either. For me, the big thing is fire is the WEAKEST of elements when it comes to spells.

*waits for the uproar and accusations of being blind / without a brain to stop*

Look at the after effects Fire has. Now compare that to Ice AND Storm. Out of the Three, Fire is the WEAKEST. This needs to be addressed better and not just with new spells. New spells dont fix what's wrong now. I personally feel that current spells should be fixed, but that would take away from new content. now, people will say, "Ice needs all of that because of their weak attacks" and storm will say, "We are the strongest attacking school in the game so we deserve them more than everybody else"..... and yet fire gets completely ignored.

Do you want to know what I think is the big problem with why Fire and Death don't have good after effects? Because I think, people feel the Life Sap and DoT (beyond the initial hit) ARE the after effects. They're not; they're how the spell works.

I can't disagree that many schools need work, but I feel they need work on what's already there, not on rank 11+ spells. Unless something drastic happens, I cant see myself using and double digit rank spell for attacking. Why couldnt Fire Dragon get a smoke screen as well? Why couldnt Meteor Strike get a stun? I'm not saying that these have to be done, Im trying to start the conversation. im not looking to overpower any one school or unbalance the game; I think ALL schools have problem areas that need to be addressed before improvements can be made.

The last part of improving the game, school wise, is how to balance PvE vs PvP. PvE people feel PvP is getting all the good stuff or PvE is suffering because PvP complain about this or that. There has GOT to be a balance between the two. Perhaps, from now on, start making 2 new spells per world. One ONLY used by PvP, and one ONLY used by PvE. Each of these spells could ONLY be used in the realm they were created for and NEVER CROSSED OVER! This way, PvP can get new, slick spells, and PvE can get new, RELEVANT spells. Perhaps create two versions of the same spell. Example:

Dr Von's PvP: card stays as it is
Dr Von's PvE: infection gets replaced with a 30% Curse

it's beyond the point where ONE spell can cater to TWO needs

www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/spell-improvements-8ad6a4194304fe6b01434484711520fa?reset=1
In the test realm, they've increased pyromancer's health under lvl 15 and increased Fire Elf, so they have changed what already exists.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2412
seethe42 on Feb 26, 2014 wrote:
Fire has the weakest after effects? I wouldn't call -90% attack the weakest effect.
true, it does have that out of school after effect, but by weakest I don't mean individual effect, I mean QUANTITY of effects. let's list the Fire spells that have any after effects:

Fire (3)
Efreet
Krampus (very recently added)
King Artorus (only recently added)

Ice (5)
Winter moon
frost giant
Snow Angel
Lord of Winter
King Artorus (added recently)

Storm (4)
Storm Lord
Leviathan
Sirens (which has more after effects than every other spell in the game that we can train)
King Artorus (added recently)

THAT is what I mean by weakest.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2412
Dr Von on Feb 26, 2014 wrote:
Here is my wizarding wish list:

My level 95 balance wizard would like a buff (trap or blade) that benefits sorcerers exclusively.
My level 95 necromancer would like the infections on his spells to be replaced by something useful.
My level 92 storm wizard would like more universal resist and block.
My level 63 theurgist would like a damage boost, instead of more healing ones.
My level 45 myth wizard would like an actual healing spell.
My level 45 ice wizard would like to not fizzle all the time.
My level 30 fire wizard would like a better heal than power link (and to get out of Mooshu).

and

Dr. Von Shadowsong would like Mally back, so she can beat him up (again), steal his awesome outfit and ride off into the sunset! Mwahaha!

Aztecapocalypse now!

-dr. mrs. von "I'm evil and you love it" shadowsong
Fire's healing, couldn't agree more

Infections replaced, oh heck yeah! they are SUCH a waste in PvE

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
11
balance would like a balance exclusive blade that boost BALANCE damage only, "balance blade" does not cut it any more at high levels it has gotten to the point where no self respecting balance wizard runs blades unless they are using a specific strategy as they dont boost enough to justify using a turn when it can be spent better casting a bubble or another spell and can easily be interrupted by a tower shield weakness ect...

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4162
twilightpony on Feb 27, 2014 wrote:
balance would like a balance exclusive blade that boost BALANCE damage only, "balance blade" does not cut it any more at high levels it has gotten to the point where no self respecting balance wizard runs blades unless they are using a specific strategy as they dont boost enough to justify using a turn when it can be spent better casting a bubble or another spell and can easily be interrupted by a tower shield weakness ect...
Be careful what you wish for. The flipside of that tired old argument for a Balance-only Blade is that it would require adding 70%, 75%, 80% and 85% Balance-only Shields. If you want to be like all the other schools it's only fair. Balance blades are plenty powerful with the addition of various sharpens and the lack of any Balance shield makes it very hard to defend.

Defender
May 01, 2011
183
I think Death should have an AoE spell. Farming the Lore Master for Deer Knight takes forever (I'm still farming her!) and Crow is okay, but could use a little something extra. I think if Death gets an AoE spell, after the enemies all take damage a +25 Death trap should be placed on all enemies.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4162
xHappilyDivergentx on Mar 1, 2014 wrote:
I think Death should have an AoE spell. Farming the Lore Master for Deer Knight takes forever (I'm still farming her!) and Crow is okay, but could use a little something extra. I think if Death gets an AoE spell, after the enemies all take damage a +25 Death trap should be placed on all enemies.
Death already got another AoE at level 88.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
946
Another seven or eight-pip spell with more damage than the current ones would be appreciated, not for the level 108 spell but a "side spell" like the level 35 and 55 spells, to not make us wait for a ton of pips when you have enough blades etc. to kill the mobs. Or if not that, a damage boost that would give the old ones enough damage to be relevant in the future. I already somehow feel the future pain of waiting for pips