Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Options for extra difficulty

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 02, 2008
I have said it before, but can't really stress it enough..

Why not some options to play the game at a more difficult setting ?

As such this would NOT interfere with anyone not wanting a harder game.

I have a family account and me and my wife we also likes Wizard101, but the game get's to easy for 2 experienced players.

I have yet met ONE boss that has even the slightest of chance to defeat us, and the standard street fights even get's annoying(You just wan't to avoid them, if you can)

That said, I like the gameplay of Wizard101, it's diffrent and fun, but it actually can be even better if it also would pose a challenge on us..

The extra difficulty could be a choice in options or when zoning to a "new street or world"

I'm just guessing, but I'm thinking this coudn't be so hard to add as a feature..

Othervise the game is fine

Hero
May 19, 2009
that would be pretty hard to do, considering everyone can fight the same enemies and even join your fights.

I guess the best way to make the game more difficult for someone would be to give that player a option of a difficulty slider(like from oblivion). When the slider is all the way up there defence is 0, but the player has the option of making his defence drop from -1 to -75. With this the enemies would do more damage and make it more difficult for that player.

Survivor
Sep 02, 2008
DarthNexus wrote:
that would be pretty hard to do, considering everyone can fight the same enemies and even join your fights.

I guess the best way to make the game more difficult for someone would be to give that player a option of a difficulty slider(like from oblivion). When the slider is all the way up there defence is 0, but the player has the option of making his defence drop from -1 to -75. With this the enemies would do more damage and make it more difficult for that player.

No actually it's very easy to accomplish by making a choice as you zone into an adventure zone-This could then also be set to zone you auto into the hard instance or normal and even easy if that is prefered...With this system noone that has not chosen hard before hand get's affected

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Three ideas:

1) How about a challenge between you and your partner: select a school, each of you play without help, first one who dies for any reason loses?

2) Instead of playing with someone you are used to, make friends with others, and hit the bosses with them.

3) Try playing just mainline quests, this should leave you uinderpowered to some extent as you get beyond WC.

On a side note...I play alone, but I don't play alone. I make in game friends, but as our schedule varies, I have different friends, with different schools, for different bosses. Makes for a more varied game.

Survivor
Sep 02, 2008
MikeStrath wrote:
Three ideas:

1) How about a challenge between you and your partner: select a school, each of you play without help, first one who dies for any reason loses?

2) Instead of playing with someone you are used to, make friends with others, and hit the bosses with them.

3) Try playing just mainline quests, this should leave you uinderpowered to some extent as you get beyond WC.

On a side note...I play alone, but I don't play alone. I make in game friends, but as our schedule varies, I have different friends, with different schools, for different bosses. Makes for a more varied game.

Yes..I also could run around without my gear on...etc etc

But what about my question ? Isn't it reasonable to ask for a harder game ?

Hero
May 19, 2009
junker wrote:
DarthNexus wrote:

No actually it's very easy to accomplish by making a choice as you zone into an adventure zone-This could then also be set to zone you auto into the hard instance or normal and even easy if that is prefered...With this system noone that has not chosen hard before hand get's affected

well the problem with you idea is that it only works for dungeons and other instances, so my idea would be better suited for the game then yours.

Survivor
Sep 02, 2008
MikeStrath wrote:
Three ideas:

Hmm..I didn't ask for a more varied game experience even if that naturally also could be fun, on a side note I play with diffrent people aswell....

As you said "you play alone" depending on class the difficulty at the higher level worlds can be rather good if you play alone, but it's not fun to play alone IMO.

That's why I'm asking for a more difficult "option" if you play 2 or more together.

Survivor
Sep 02, 2008
DarthNexus wrote:
junker wrote:
DarthNexus wrote:

well the problem with you idea is that it only works for dungeons and other instances, so my idea would be better suited for the game then yours.

You have to "zone or load" into each and every adventure-zone in the game, by doing so you could also get the option prior to as you "load" for a tougher game,not only dungeons or instances, the whole game is basically instances that get's filled up and when it's at max players it chooses another one that is empty. You can jump around all these diffrent servers and instances at your own leisure.

Which idea that is better suited or not maybe could best be answered by a developer of the game ..