Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Olde Town Pit! Your Thoughts?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 15, 2010
I'm sure we've all seen that gigantic cave in Olde Town, and we hear conversation about how they're going to send a Wizard down there. I feel it may be a nod to old Wizard City since we see bricks around the edges of the cave. What are your thoughts?

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
superspy2 on Aug 11, 2018 wrote:
I'm sure we've all seen that gigantic cave in Olde Town, and we hear conversation about how they're going to send a Wizard down there. I feel it may be a nod to old Wizard City since we see bricks around the edges of the cave. What are your thoughts?
Who knows what lurks beneath Olde Town?

Explorer
Feb 21, 2016
prob gonna be part of rennee's storyline or its gonna be new max lvl dungeon

Daniel deathgem

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Perhaps its where they keep the bad wizards of wizard city prisoner. They probably lower things to them with a basket, and if they misbehave, they turn the garden hose on them.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Half-baked theories from the Spiral's biggest conspiracy nut...

Crackpot Theory #1

Rene and her team have found the "Original" Wizard City (note the Wizard City that has just been revamped is NOT the "Original" WC in this theory) that was destroyed many eons ago when the very first Earthquake spell was cast. Rather than clear the rubble when building Ravenwood, Merle Ambrose built the current Wizard City on top of the ruins (and inhabitants thereof) of the old.

Crackpot Theory #2
Rene and her team have found evidence of a long forgotten, and thought by many to be mythical, ancient race of beings who arrived at the spiral BEFORE the events that destroyed the First World and the creation of the spiral. These Aliens come from a different dimension and will prove to be the main threat for the fourth arc.

Crackpot Theory #3
Rene and her team have found a wrecked pirate ship and have uncovered the spiral door to Skull Island.

Crackpot Theory #4
Rene and her team have found the burial site for all the young wizards that have been fed to the Humongo Frog to appease it. Don't believe that the Humongo Frog is fed wizards? Watch they spell the next time it is cast, those little triangles are semi-digested wizard hats.

Crackpot Theory #5
There is a half buried, large statue of a human woman wearing a crown and a robe. Cradled in her left hand is a stone tablet with mystic words engraved on the tablet. Her extended right arm holds a torch aloft. She is made of copper that has aged to the point of turning green. You cannot tell from the ground but it seems that there are windows in the crown and the statue rings hollow when struck.

Steven Ghoststalker
Ravenwood Graduate

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
A sewer dungeon would be nice!

Maybe we can kill Pennywise.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2014
anecorbie on Aug 12, 2018 wrote:
Who knows what lurks beneath Olde Town?
I’ve heard it might be another darkmoor type of deal. Honestly I’m not sure.

Survivor
Apr 06, 2016
superspy2 on Aug 11, 2018 wrote:
Rattlebones. He just doesn't know when to quit.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
We will finally be able to go into the sewers to fight gators that are running amok. Anyone else remember when there was a bug that let some people seem to be behind the sewer grate, near the crafter vendors in Old Town? That's when the speculation about gators in the sewers began. When those workman made that hole, I thought, "Aha! Finally!"

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
Intrepidatius on Aug 12, 2018 wrote:
Perhaps its where they keep the bad wizards of wizard city prisoner. They probably lower things to them with a basket, and if they misbehave, they turn the garden hose on them.
LOL I lost my breath laughing at that! I'm guessing not many got the reference.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Area51Alien on Aug 12, 2018 wrote:
Half-baked theories from the Spiral's biggest conspiracy nut...

Crackpot Theory #1

Rene and her team have found the "Original" Wizard City (note the Wizard City that has just been revamped is NOT the "Original" WC in this theory) that was destroyed many eons ago when the very first Earthquake spell was cast. Rather than clear the rubble when building Ravenwood, Merle Ambrose built the current Wizard City on top of the ruins (and inhabitants thereof) of the old.

Crackpot Theory #2
Rene and her team have found evidence of a long forgotten, and thought by many to be mythical, ancient race of beings who arrived at the spiral BEFORE the events that destroyed the First World and the creation of the spiral. These Aliens come from a different dimension and will prove to be the main threat for the fourth arc.

Crackpot Theory #3
Rene and her team have found a wrecked pirate ship and have uncovered the spiral door to Skull Island.

Crackpot Theory #4
Rene and her team have found the burial site for all the young wizards that have been fed to the Humongo Frog to appease it. Don't believe that the Humongo Frog is fed wizards? Watch they spell the next time it is cast, those little triangles are semi-digested wizard hats.

Crackpot Theory #5
There is a half buried, large statue of a human woman wearing a crown and a robe. Cradled in her left hand is a stone tablet with mystic words engraved on the tablet. Her extended right arm holds a torch aloft. She is made of copper that has aged to the point of turning green. You cannot tell from the ground but it seems that there are windows in the crown and the statue rings hollow when struck.

Steven Ghoststalker
Ravenwood Graduate
Oh happy day! TY for the chuckles!

#3 & 5 are the best.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
anecorbie on Aug 13, 2018 wrote:
Oh happy day! TY for the chuckles!

#3 & 5 are the best.
Hey it wouldn't be a speculation thread if I didn't offer up something.

Glad you liked them.

@Calamity - Had I been aware of the WC Sewer Crocodiles, I definitely would've included that one.

By the way, I heard from it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend, that in addition to the WC Crocodiles and Humongo Frog spawning grounds, Aegon Stanz's secret laboratory is down there.

The Wizards in black suits and sunglasses warned me not to share that one.

Steven Ghoststalker
Conspiracy Nut.

Explorer
Jun 27, 2015
My Theory: Wizard City, being the center of the Spiral is where the source of all magic comes from. You may believe that potentially Bartleby is the center of the Spiral, but he's not. Pull up your map in Wizard City, and see where the actual center of the world is. It's in Olde Town, right where this cave appears. My theory is there is something mystical, lying below that will cause a great threat too Wizard City?

Potentially, it could be another max lvl dungeon, but I'd figure if lvl 130's are getting one, it'll be during the world update in November (when they usually introduce a new world). I figure it should work this way. It should be like the Skeleton Key bosses, but for a dungeon. This is how I picture it:

Wooden Key -- Lvl 10
Silver Key -- Lvl 30
Golden Key -- Lvl 60
Diamond Key -- Lvl 90
Obsidian Key -- Lvl 120

Potentially, I believe it'll be an interesting dungeon that way, and therefore like the gauntlet's, they can have all types of different level's in one particular area. Plus, if it's for their 10th Year birthday, it'd probably would make sense. Just my theory though.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
MY theory is It might be an under ground catacomb of some sort. It could be the history of Wizard City or possibly one of the Cabal's hide outs. Duncan works for the Cabal as a spy. Gretta Darkettle is a Cabal Agent. Malistare might have had a connection with the Cabals as well. and all the them were stationed in Wizard City It's not to far fetch that the cave leads to a Cabal hide out. We the wizards are at a high enough level to deal with them.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Area51Alien on Aug 14, 2018 wrote:
Hey it wouldn't be a speculation thread if I didn't offer up something.

Glad you liked them.

@Calamity - Had I been aware of the WC Sewer Crocodiles, I definitely would've included that one.

By the way, I heard from it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend, that in addition to the WC Crocodiles and Humongo Frog spawning grounds, Aegon Stanz's secret laboratory is down there.

The Wizards in black suits and sunglasses warned me not to share that one.

Steven Ghoststalker
Conspiracy Nut.
Does anyone trust Aegon Statz? he's made a few verbal slips that have me wondering....