Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Note Pad Idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
Was just looking at my desk area here and it is overwhelming with all the scraps of paper, note pads etc...from me taking notes about in game stuff such as what monsters steal blades, which ones we cant use traps on etc....

How hard would it be to implement something like this in game ?
Maybe a button to bring it up or one that fits into our backpacks.
Start with allowing so much room to take notes on, then to expand it, charge crowns to make it bigger.
This would eliminate the clutter of folks' desktops, the need to alt tab out to google a boss, etc. Everything would be right there in the game already.

Being buried by his own clutter and disorganization,

Chris DeathBane
lvl 122 Necromancer

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
igor025 on Sep 4, 2018 wrote:
Was just looking at my desk area here and it is overwhelming with all the scraps of paper, note pads etc...from me taking notes about in game stuff such as what monsters steal blades, which ones we cant use traps on etc....

How hard would it be to implement something like this in game ?
Maybe a button to bring it up or one that fits into our backpacks.
Start with allowing so much room to take notes on, then to expand it, charge crowns to make it bigger.
This would eliminate the clutter of folks' desktops, the need to alt tab out to google a boss, etc. Everything would be right there in the game already.

Being buried by his own clutter and disorganization,

Chris DeathBane
lvl 122 Necromancer
ROFL - you and me alike!

I actually had so many sheets of paper I'd made notes on that I had to do something about it

I've ended up with: pet database for max-stat clean-pool pets, screenshots of the pets so I can see the full pool, a spreadsheet for my gardening times and then I made little A5 booklets for each wizard and a general one showing seed banks, gear vaults, jewel vaults and notes. Along with my trusty sticky notes I think I'm down to as little 'paperwork' clutter as I can...for now lol.

I know it's crazy but I actually like my little notes now they're so organised I also throw away bits as I stop needing them regularly...goodbye dungeon strategy notes, I can refresh my mind if I go back or get there again on another wizzy by using the wiki or attempting it without notes and being reminded 'the hard way' haha.

I'm not sure how KI could implement having all that info stored in-game though. I do think a little note section would be helpful but we probably all keep different notes for different things, some more detailed than others. As a fellow note-taker I doubt there would come a time when my excessive notes could be stored on my wizards...so for now I just keep making and discarding sticky notes and lists

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Wizard101 Central is a great resource for you. You can look up quests, individual monsters, etc, and it will tell you all about the fight. it will list the cheats, how they trigger, and if any dialog is associated with it. Their site is usually the first one listed when you google something in the game.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
Yes Wizard101 is a great resource but alt + tab out of game all the time can be a pain. Would be nice to have a note pad to make mental notes (personal) in game. Wizard101 is not always correct and sometimes you have to read through a long list of posts to gather all the info correctly, a lot of times you have to combine several peoples information to come up with a correct solution. I see a pet, or piece of gear on another wizard I would like to go farm at a later date or a quest i think I might have missed, I could just click a button, type it in the note pad, click save, then come back to it later. As it is now, its the old finding a piece of paper and a pen that works, writing it down, putting it in my stack of notes and praying it doesn't get lost.
Anyways, some people maybe would never use it, some would maybe use it daily, was just my opinion and a thought I had.