Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

no more membership!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 25, 2015
we can't afford more memberships! PLZ NO MORE MEMBERSHIPS! some people can't afford it or not allowed to do it. plz, get rid of memberships! i hate spending money that i don't have! NO MORE MEMBERSHIPS

your life friend,
Samantha FairyDreamer

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
In other words, NO MORE WIZARD101! Because that's what will happen. KI is a business, not a charity. How will they pay the staff if they don't have any money?

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
so let me get this straight....you're new to the dorms, according to this being your first post....and you want the entire game handed to you open handed.... you want the game to lose it's main source of income to keep updating it and making sure people who enjoy it, can't and will make the game go obsolete.... oh yeah i feel ya NO MORE WIZARD101 NO MORE WIZARD101 because that's whats going to happen if membership is removed

Survivor
Jan 09, 2011
What about those that like membership more than buying crowns. I want to use my crowns for something besides buying areas. I have three wizards to queat on each are in different areas of the spiral. I personally like membership because I can go anywhere in the spiral and the benefits. My garden of emps and couch potatoes have grown so now I can get more snacks

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
What's good for the goose, is not always good for the gander.

Sure, it would be great to play the game without membership, but there needs to be a steady income for KI to continue providing awesome content for millions of players.

The employees at KI work very hard, and I don't expect them to work for free. Thus, I am happy to scrape together a monthly membership here-and-there, and when I have spare coin, I purchase the area(s) for crowns.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on Jan 23, 2017 wrote:
What's good for the goose, is not always good for the gander.

Sure, it would be great to play the game without membership, but there needs to be a steady income for KI to continue providing awesome content for millions of players.

The employees at KI work very hard, and I don't expect them to work for free. Thus, I am happy to scrape together a monthly membership here-and-there, and when I have spare coin, I purchase the area(s) for crowns.
Agreed. I also pay a monthly membership and would like to see the game continue.

Explorer
Sep 25, 2016
As others have said, it would be awesome to be able to play all of Wizard101 for free, but KingsIsle (The creators of the game) need money in order to keep the game running. Also, nobody said you have to pay money in order to enjoy Wizard101! Sure, the gameplay is a bit limited, but that doesn't mean you can't still have fun!

For example, if you've already completed Unicorn Way and Triton Avenue on one of your wizards, why not create another wizard of a different magic school and complete it again? You can create up to 7 wizards on one account, even without spending any Crowns or paying for a membership! It's lots of fun experimenting with all the different magic schools!

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
saying that is like taking the game away from everybody. People will have to live with it if they cant afford it or aren't allowed to buy it.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Well, everyone has given you some good advice and input on how an MMO like Wizard101 works. So I'll just say this, when you have the money, buy a game card and use the crowns to buy areas. When you do that, that area is yours to play in, permanently.
Others who buy a monthly ( or how ever long they can ) are left high and dry when that membership ends.
There are game cards everywhere like CVS, Walgreens, Walmart and they range from $10 - $20. dollars.
$10 = 5,000 crowns, this is enough for much of the lower level content
$20 = 10,000 crowns will get you much further.
Yes this type of pay as you go is slower than a membership, but the benefits are better, especially if you make more than one wizard.
Good luck and remember that you're here to have fun!

sorry, I don't have a

Hero
May 02, 2009
You do realize that you can always just purchase the individual areas with Crowns right? You don't need a subscription to play through the game if you just pay crowns to do so, hence the two payment method options.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
GigiTheQueen on Jan 21, 2017 wrote:
we can't afford more memberships! PLZ NO MORE MEMBERSHIPS! some people can't afford it or not allowed to do it. plz, get rid of memberships! i hate spending money that i don't have! NO MORE MEMBERSHIPS

your life friend,
Samantha FairyDreamer
So..... No Wizard101?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010

your life friend,
Samantha FairyDreamer
Sounds like you're trying to completely abolish the game amidst your rather selfish desires.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2008
Is this a troll? Because I'm laughing so hard right now.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
leapardcat on Jan 27, 2017 wrote:
Is this a troll? Because I'm laughing so hard right now.
I'm wondering about that too and interested in seeing where this topic is going to.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014

your life friend,
Samantha FairyDreamer
I'm sorry you're having troubles. A couple of these posts has really good advice. I'd like to add mine. Play trivia and watch videos daily if you can and you earn 3,000 to 5,000 crowns maybe a little more a month at the same time watch for crowns sales to buy zones. I don't know any information about you but if you don't have a job, maybe you can also earn a few bucks here and there by do residential work such as mowing lawns, taking care of pets, etc.... to buy gift cards for a membership or crowns to buy zones.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
As the end of Polaris and all of Mirage gets easier, I'm seriously starting to think this is a good idea.

Defender
Aug 08, 2015
Well I mean, I can afford it. But I have a regular paying job, so. I mean once you get a job you'll be fine.