Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Update Spells Idea

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 09, 2012
Here are some ideas for the new update that I have been thinking about. After we get new spells added, I am hoping for an AoE for life (Because they only have one atm). Here is an idea. Each school gets their support spell (Kinda).

Every school has a spell to where when they attack (AoE or single), it also supports their team. I will give some examples:

700 to all enemies + 300 absorb to all friends (Or a small heal to show their full potential as a healer)

660 to all enemies + -50 shield to all friends

800 to one enemies + 10% pierce to all friends

950 to one enemy + %25 accuracy to all friends

660 to all enemy + (Never could find an idea for this)

700 to all enemies + 35% attack blade to all friends

670 to all enemies + 25% of the attack damage to all friends (Unsure about that one)

I could see that kingsisle was looking into the "Unique" spells recently and I think this is different than any other spell (Somewhat) and I think that Life still needs a big imporovement in their AoE spells at the moment, and I think this could help the situation and make spells unique. If anyone has any ideas on the perks, or how the spells should be handled next update, please make a comment.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
May I ask why you think myth should have the same damage as an ice?

Survivor
Jul 05, 2011
Myth could have a stun block or something like that

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Scarab/Frost Beetle/Imp/Dark Sprite: 65-105 / Blood Bat: 70-110 / Fire Cat: 80-120 / Thunder Snake: 105-145

i would use that for the guideline on how much damage you need. Remember, school blades all have different %boosts(Ex: Storm is 30%, Myth is 35%, Life is 40%), so giving them higher damage means their stacking blades are more effective.

My take is, if you wanted to do something like this:

Life: 575-650 damage to all enemies, removes all negative DoTs from all allies
Frost: 600-650 damage to all enemies, -20% damage shield for all allies(50% is too much)
Balance: 610-655 damage to all enemies, +15% blade for all allies(25% too much)
Death: 615-660 damage to all enemies, +15% damage curse to all enemies(Old was too close to scarecrow)
Myth: 640-700 damage to all enemies, removes all negative wards from all allies
Fire: 660-755 damage to all enemies, adds 1 stunblock to all allies(Unsure?)
Storm: 715-800 damage to all enemies, removes all negative charms from all allies

They would have to be expensive since they would affect an entire party, so maybe something like 7 or 8 pips?

alternative ideas: Swap myth and fire bonus effects, Death gives the absorb equal to 25% of the damage to all allies, Life gives a +15% accuracy bonus to everyone.

Honestly, i think this is a bad idea, since not all schools are meant to be supportive(Fire and Storm especially). I would rather see Myth get something more offensive(Something like a Minotaur or Orthrus hit-all), storm/death/fire get something really strong but with a drawback(Storm: High damage but two -20% accuracy debuffs, Death: Huge hit-all but two +20% incoming damage debuff, Fire: High damage but two -25% power debuffs).

Survivor
Aug 07, 2016
Pouffy23 on Aug 8, 2017 wrote:
Here are some ideas for the new update that I have been thinking about. After we get new spells added, I am hoping for an AoE for life (Because they only have one atm). Here is an idea. Each school gets their support spell (Kinda).

Every school has a spell to where when they attack (AoE or single), it also supports their team. I will give some examples:

700 to all enemies + 300 absorb to all friends (Or a small heal to show their full potential as a healer)

660 to all enemies + -50 shield to all friends

800 to one enemies + 10% pierce to all friends

950 to one enemy + %25 accuracy to all friends

660 to all enemy + (Never could find an idea for this)

700 to all enemies + 35% attack blade to all friends

670 to all enemies + 25% of the attack damage to all friends (Unsure about that one)

I could see that kingsisle was looking into the "Unique" spells recently and I think this is different than any other spell (Somewhat) and I think that Life still needs a big imporovement in their AoE spells at the moment, and I think this could help the situation and make spells unique. If anyone has any ideas on the perks, or how the spells should be handled next update, please make a comment.
Don't quite understand why death is lower than

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
Jasmine3429 on Aug 10, 2017 wrote:
May I ask why you think myth should have the same damage as an ice?
These are examples on the perks. The damage is just a random number I typed down. Please ignore that part xD

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
pokechuryo on Aug 11, 2017 wrote:
Myth could have a stun block or something like that
Yes! Good idea. I will have that in mind

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
DracoWhale on Aug 12, 2017 wrote:
Scarab/Frost Beetle/Imp/Dark Sprite: 65-105 / Blood Bat: 70-110 / Fire Cat: 80-120 / Thunder Snake: 105-145

i would use that for the guideline on how much damage you need. Remember, school blades all have different %boosts(Ex: Storm is 30%, Myth is 35%, Life is 40%), so giving them higher damage means their stacking blades are more effective.

My take is, if you wanted to do something like this:

Life: 575-650 damage to all enemies, removes all negative DoTs from all allies
Frost: 600-650 damage to all enemies, -20% damage shield for all allies(50% is too much)
Balance: 610-655 damage to all enemies, +15% blade for all allies(25% too much)
Death: 615-660 damage to all enemies, +15% damage curse to all enemies(Old was too close to scarecrow)
Myth: 640-700 damage to all enemies, removes all negative wards from all allies
Fire: 660-755 damage to all enemies, adds 1 stunblock to all allies(Unsure?)
Storm: 715-800 damage to all enemies, removes all negative charms from all allies

They would have to be expensive since they would affect an entire party, so maybe something like 7 or 8 pips?

alternative ideas: Swap myth and fire bonus effects, Death gives the absorb equal to 25% of the damage to all allies, Life gives a +15% accuracy bonus to everyone.

Honestly, i think this is a bad idea, since not all schools are meant to be supportive(Fire and Storm especially). I would rather see Myth get something more offensive(Something like a Minotaur or Orthrus hit-all), storm/death/fire get something really strong but with a drawback(Storm: High damage but two -20% accuracy debuffs, Death: Huge hit-all but two +20% incoming damage debuff, Fire: High damage but two -25% power debuffs).
The damage is just a random number that was typed down as an example for now. I am more focused on the perks that go with the new spells at the moment. The damage does not match because i just randomly typed in a number that is in range of everyone else. Ignore the damage for now pls xD

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
JoeyDaKangaroo on Aug 12, 2017 wrote:
Don't quite understand why death is lower than
They are just examples :( Sorry for the confusion.