Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New super hard core side world

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 10, 2014
183
It seems like the recent worlds have been to easy, I know Im not the only person who feels this, Blaze life hammer even did a video on empyrea being to easy, and I and many included were upset about the mirage nerf. I understand that because many casual players play this game as well, that the main story line content has to be able to be defeated by everyone. So thats why i think there should be a really hard world thats a side world for the players that want a tougher challenge. Personally I think mirage before it got nerfed was the right challenge level for ordanary battles. But maybe this world could have even harder challenges then prenerf mirage. Such as every creature having shadow magic and uses darkmoor and polaris shadow enchanted spells. Even street monsters use shadow enchanted spells. The mobs all have 7500 health, and bosses have 29,000 health. Once again this would be a side world so its optional. We havent had a complete side world any way since like 2012. I think this would be a good idea to please the part of the community that wants a challenge.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
2101
I like it!

Maybe so everyone can be included we could introduce the idea of levelled side dungeons? Kind of like the house dungeons have different levels depending on the lowest level wizard but instead of it being according to the level of the wizard it could be something the team selects? I'm pretty sure the casual players would feel sad to miss out on content just because some of us want something more challenging and this would help cater for both casual and more hard core players at once. Perhaps have 2 sigils for the same dungeon depending on what level was wanted?That would allow for team up to work too.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
396
Fred Frost on Mar 5, 2018 wrote:
It seems like the recent worlds have been to easy, I know Im not the only person who feels this, Blaze life hammer even did a video on empyrea being to easy, and I and many included were upset about the mirage nerf. I understand that because many casual players play this game as well, that the main story line content has to be able to be defeated by everyone. So thats why i think there should be a really hard world thats a side world for the players that want a tougher challenge. Personally I think mirage before it got nerfed was the right challenge level for ordanary battles. But maybe this world could have even harder challenges then prenerf mirage. Such as every creature having shadow magic and uses darkmoor and polaris shadow enchanted spells. Even street monsters use shadow enchanted spells. The mobs all have 7500 health, and bosses have 29,000 health. Once again this would be a side world so its optional. We havent had a complete side world any way since like 2012. I think this would be a good idea to please the part of the community that wants a challenge.
I agree. I find the only fun thing about questing in third arc worlds is the story and being with friends, because besides that, the difficulty is a joke and it's pretty boring fighting pushover enemies. I thought prenerf Mirage was really fun, and I would certainly like doing an optional side world where I actually have to strategize to get through the fights.

Defender
Aug 01, 2014
144
Maybe when you create a wizard, there would be a "hardcore" option as well. Instead of blue, your name tag would be purple (or something) to tell others that you aren't playing easy mode (blue). Every world will become much harder, but enemies drop x2 loot. Maybe other bonuses too.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
2101
Alex Firepyre on Mar 6, 2018 wrote:
Maybe when you create a wizard, there would be a "hardcore" option as well. Instead of blue, your name tag would be purple (or something) to tell others that you aren't playing easy mode (blue). Every world will become much harder, but enemies drop x2 loot. Maybe other bonuses too.
I was trying to get my head around incentives and how drops could work. I was definitely over-complicating it in my mind and you have suggested a very simple, logical and fair way to achieve this. Enemies dropping 2x loot is a great incentive without leaving anyone who is unable to complete it on a higher difficulty rating from being able to still get fair drops too. It's a great idea

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
1691
This already exists.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:Beastman_Fight_Club

I don't think people actually want "SUPER HARD CORE" stuff or there would be more people flocking to this area.

Also please keep in mind-bosses are supposed to be hard-yet everyone is complaining about the Rat and Medulla. If you really are a Master Wizard able to defeat Malistaire and Morganthe and whatnot- you should be able to dispense with a few piddly street enemies with ease. (You can't defeat a freakin' bug? Perhaps Ms. Crisp is right and we are at some backwards magic academy at Ravenwood?)

Also if you are sick of fights being too "easy" perhaps you're the one that needs the nerf? Try not using your bestest baddest gear and then see how easy it is? If you are not max level go and try helping out max level people on your character that is from Krok-see how fun it is?

My point is-that obviously this is an issue that will probably continue to plague or in my opinion set Wizard101 apart for years to come. It's a family friendly game. It's meant to be enjoyed by the whole family in a wholesome way. Making stuff "harder" isn't really the issue here-I think it's just the fact that we "burned" through the content so fast. Do things yourself to make your experience more enjoyable. I'd much rather have KI do what they're doing or add a barbershop/7th character slot, focus on story building etc. than stop to make another impossible challenge if the current ones are not even being used. Go help people with Medulla there are lots of people there that need your help! Use Team Up earn those badges that sort of thing.

Here is a guide if you can't do it by yourself:
https://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-farming-guides/beastman-fight-club-guide-speed-run/

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
1691
Victoria FireHeart on Mar 6, 2018 wrote:
I like it!

Maybe so everyone can be included we could introduce the idea of levelled side dungeons? Kind of like the house dungeons have different levels depending on the lowest level wizard but instead of it being according to the level of the wizard it could be something the team selects? I'm pretty sure the casual players would feel sad to miss out on content just because some of us want something more challenging and this would help cater for both casual and more hard core players at once. Perhaps have 2 sigils for the same dungeon depending on what level was wanted?That would allow for team up to work too.
This also already exists.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Housing_Instances

Though I suppose they could add more tiers or create some new ones. I wouldn't mind that.

Also what are the Skeleton Keys for then?

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
396
exp613 on Mar 7, 2018 wrote:
This already exists.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:Beastman_Fight_Club

I don't think people actually want "SUPER HARD CORE" stuff or there would be more people flocking to this area.

Also please keep in mind-bosses are supposed to be hard-yet everyone is complaining about the Rat and Medulla. If you really are a Master Wizard able to defeat Malistaire and Morganthe and whatnot- you should be able to dispense with a few piddly street enemies with ease. (You can't defeat a freakin' bug? Perhaps Ms. Crisp is right and we are at some backwards magic academy at Ravenwood?)

Also if you are sick of fights being too "easy" perhaps you're the one that needs the nerf? Try not using your bestest baddest gear and then see how easy it is? If you are not max level go and try helping out max level people on your character that is from Krok-see how fun it is?

My point is-that obviously this is an issue that will probably continue to plague or in my opinion set Wizard101 apart for years to come. It's a family friendly game. It's meant to be enjoyed by the whole family in a wholesome way. Making stuff "harder" isn't really the issue here-I think it's just the fact that we "burned" through the content so fast. Do things yourself to make your experience more enjoyable. I'd much rather have KI do what they're doing or add a barbershop/7th character slot, focus on story building etc. than stop to make another impossible challenge if the current ones are not even being used. Go help people with Medulla there are lots of people there that need your help! Use Team Up earn those badges that sort of thing.

Here is a guide if you can't do it by yourself:
https://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-farming-guides/beastman-fight-club-guide-speed-run/
The OP wanted a side world, not a side dungeon. Also, the main reason people don't flock to this dungeon is not because there aren't hardcore players; it's because we have no reason to do it. The Cabalist gear that's desirable already drops from elsewhere in the world, so why should we waste our time doing the Beastman Fight Club? (I also did the dungeon a few days ago for my first time just to get the quest done, and imo prenerf Darkmoor was much harder than what I encountered in that dungeon).

The Rat and Medulla are irrelevant to the conversation since we are talking about side stuff, not fights in the main story.

I disagree that it is us who needs a nerf. I work to make my characters the best they can be because I find that fun, and also because I actually want to USE the gear I get. And why shouldn't I? One of the reasons why hardcore fights are fun is because players get to use everything they have against a difficult foe, and the rewards, along with the satisfaction of winning, make it all worthwhile. I refuse to have to dumb myself down in order to get a challenge in the game.

I really love the story in Wizard101 (it's actually the main reason I play), but keep in mind Darkmoor will be turning 4 years old this year, and the worlds Kingsisle released since then don't exactly up the difficulty encountered there... and they shouldn't. But only releasing 1 high level skeleton key boss and 1 or 2 slightly challenging bosses in the main worlds a year doesn't appease the hardcore players at all.

In other news, a Kingsisle employee on Twitter tweeted out today "Two hours later and Medulla has been felled. Woo! Think I need to add some speed up mechanics towards the end though..." I think it's safe to say the fight is getting nerfed in the Spring Update to allow players to finish up before Part 2 comes out.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
1691
BrahmShadow on Mar 8, 2018 wrote:
The OP wanted a side world, not a side dungeon. Also, the main reason people don't flock to this dungeon is not because there aren't hardcore players; it's because we have no reason to do it. The Cabalist gear that's desirable already drops from elsewhere in the world, so why should we waste our time doing the Beastman Fight Club? (I also did the dungeon a few days ago for my first time just to get the quest done, and imo prenerf Darkmoor was much harder than what I encountered in that dungeon).

The Rat and Medulla are irrelevant to the conversation since we are talking about side stuff, not fights in the main story.

I disagree that it is us who needs a nerf. I work to make my characters the best they can be because I find that fun, and also because I actually want to USE the gear I get. And why shouldn't I? One of the reasons why hardcore fights are fun is because players get to use everything they have against a difficult foe, and the rewards, along with the satisfaction of winning, make it all worthwhile. I refuse to have to dumb myself down in order to get a challenge in the game.

I really love the story in Wizard101 (it's actually the main reason I play), but keep in mind Darkmoor will be turning 4 years old this year, and the worlds Kingsisle released since then don't exactly up the difficulty encountered there... and they shouldn't. But only releasing 1 high level skeleton key boss and 1 or 2 slightly challenging bosses in the main worlds a year doesn't appease the hardcore players at all.

In other news, a Kingsisle employee on Twitter tweeted out today "Two hours later and Medulla has been felled. Woo! Think I need to add some speed up mechanics towards the end though..." I think it's safe to say the fight is getting nerfed in the Spring Update to allow players to finish up before Part 2 comes out.
A conversation finally!

The Original post wanted a Hardcore side world-which I guess already exists to some extent too. (Aquila-and if they want to expand Aquila I am totally all for that.) Medulla, Rat or Darkmoor are (or at least were-hardcore) at one point. So I think that they are relevant to the conversation.

I still stand by my original thought that there are Skeleton Key bosses, Housing Instances, One-Shot Dungeons, Aquila Dungeons, ZigZag- Darkmoor (though I and many others would agree that it isn't truly optional) and all of the Hidden Bosses found in those dungeons (Plant-Cronus, Gladiator etc). I would still say though-I am all for the expansion of Wysteria and Aquila-I just don't want to miss out on the story if it's important.

I guess the underlying concern is drops- as Alex and Victoria briefly mentioned in their posts. How do you make it work for Hardcore players without making it too necessary for casual ones. I feel like that is the problem with Darkmoor. It is technically a "side quest" but you are just so far behind without the gear and the spell that it truly isn't optional. And because there were lots of people trying to do it and it not working out it ended up having to be nerfed.

What would be drops that would be worth it for you-but also aren't completely required. Beastman, is a good idea to have the Cabalist gear dropped there-but also at other places at a lower rate. I think what they need to do though is change the drop rates so that Beastman has a much better chance to drop-so people will go there and SAY THAT from an official source so it's not hearsay. Or perhaps do the 2x loot drop (per Alex/Victoria's suggestion).

However, I feel like that still proves my original point:you and others opinion about self-nerfs- people will take the easy route unless compelled. My point is that there is hardcore stuff-but people don't want to do it because it's too hard and "not worth it."

How do we find that happy medium?

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
396
exp613 on Mar 8, 2018 wrote:
A conversation finally!

The Original post wanted a Hardcore side world-which I guess already exists to some extent too. (Aquila-and if they want to expand Aquila I am totally all for that.) Medulla, Rat or Darkmoor are (or at least were-hardcore) at one point. So I think that they are relevant to the conversation.

I still stand by my original thought that there are Skeleton Key bosses, Housing Instances, One-Shot Dungeons, Aquila Dungeons, ZigZag- Darkmoor (though I and many others would agree that it isn't truly optional) and all of the Hidden Bosses found in those dungeons (Plant-Cronus, Gladiator etc). I would still say though-I am all for the expansion of Wysteria and Aquila-I just don't want to miss out on the story if it's important.

I guess the underlying concern is drops- as Alex and Victoria briefly mentioned in their posts. How do you make it work for Hardcore players without making it too necessary for casual ones. I feel like that is the problem with Darkmoor. It is technically a "side quest" but you are just so far behind without the gear and the spell that it truly isn't optional. And because there were lots of people trying to do it and it not working out it ended up having to be nerfed.

What would be drops that would be worth it for you-but also aren't completely required. Beastman, is a good idea to have the Cabalist gear dropped there-but also at other places at a lower rate. I think what they need to do though is change the drop rates so that Beastman has a much better chance to drop-so people will go there and SAY THAT from an official source so it's not hearsay. Or perhaps do the 2x loot drop (per Alex/Victoria's suggestion).

However, I feel like that still proves my original point:you and others opinion about self-nerfs- people will take the easy route unless compelled. My point is that there is hardcore stuff-but people don't want to do it because it's too hard and "not worth it."

How do we find that happy medium?
I was thinking about what you said about drops too, as I noticed that the gear can't be too necessary for casual players without alienating them out. I think a good solution would be to make a side world (with the difficulty of what prenerf Mirage was, or maybe harder), and instead of gear dropping at the end, you get a minor character upgrade. It won't be something too big, but maybe your character gets a permanent 5% increase in Shadow pip chance and the ability to hold a max of 3 Shadow pips? That seems pretty desirable to me, but it isn't a necessity.

I also think that Kingsisle did mostly good with offering alternatives to Darkmoor gear. I'm maxed in all the schools, and the only Darkmoor gear I still use across all my characters is the Fire and Storm Malistaire robe. Nothing else. Imo the Cabalist hat and Empyrea crafted shoes are much better than what Darkmoor has, and I prefer using the Grandfather Spider athame over the Yevgeny/Morganthe ones. My only problem is that the only alternative to the Malistaire robe is the Rattlebones one... I just don't understand why it has been almost 3 years and there's still no other option? I also really dislike how pack wands have been the best wands in the game for many years now, and although Kingsisle says that the Revered weapons are really good, we all know pack wands are still better.

I thought that the "happy medium" would be to just expand crafting into the third arc, but the Empyrea crafted robes and Revered weapons leave a lot to be desired.

I think the next Darkmoor-type dungeon will be coming out for level 130 this year, and I predict that the gear will probably be that definitive gear set for max level Wizards. I just hope Kingsisle offers decent alternatives to that gear in a shorter amount of time than what they did for Darkmoor.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1113
Super hard core world with dungeons may not be a bad idea and I agree these dungeon can have a auto level adjustment like Gauntlet Dungeons have or make more side quests even change several of them throughout the spiral to hardcore like the Beastman_fight_club so hardcore players can have their fun. Say if Kingsisle does do this, I think it would be fair for Hardcore players will help the casual ones on these quests if these players choice to quest through them.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
2101
exp613 on Mar 7, 2018 wrote:
This also already exists.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Housing_Instances

Though I suppose they could add more tiers or create some new ones. I wouldn't mind that.

Also what are the Skeleton Keys for then?
I think you may have misunderstood what I meant. I used the tiers applied to housing gauntlets as an example of how KI could allow for tiers in side dungeons or actual content, without using level as the indicator but choice.

EG. We could do Darkmoor and choose if we wanted pre-nerf version or how it is now. They could be chosen by selecting a sigil or some kind of tab that gives options of 'difficult' or 'regular'. This could be applied to new content/dungeons as well as possibly to old.

As to the idea of nerfing ourselves - going solo or choosing not to equip items: That's kind of like telling a musician who is bored with their orchestra to try playing with one hand instead of encouraging them to find a better orchestra or more difficult sheet music. They want to play to their max capacity, not see what they can achieve with self-imposed inhibitors.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1113
Victoria FireHeart on Mar 9, 2018 wrote:
I think you may have misunderstood what I meant. I used the tiers applied to housing gauntlets as an example of how KI could allow for tiers in side dungeons or actual content, without using level as the indicator but choice.

EG. We could do Darkmoor and choose if we wanted pre-nerf version or how it is now. They could be chosen by selecting a sigil or some kind of tab that gives options of 'difficult' or 'regular'. This could be applied to new content/dungeons as well as possibly to old.

As to the idea of nerfing ourselves - going solo or choosing not to equip items: That's kind of like telling a musician who is bored with their orchestra to try playing with one hand instead of encouraging them to find a better orchestra or more difficult sheet music. They want to play to their max capacity, not see what they can achieve with self-imposed inhibitors.
Comparing musicians to a character in Wizard101 is like comparing apples to orange. self nefed a wizard in the game is not crippling yourself. You still have all your parts functioning perfectly. You're just adjusting you gear for a better battle challenge vs. A musician refusing to use one hand which is crippling the body. "Encouraging them to find a better orchestra to try to play or for more difficult sheet music" convert that to gear on your wizard is exactly what Exp613 is talking about. If a battle is too easy for me,I nerfed myself by the what gear and enhancements i use to maintain the challenge. I don't feel crippled.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1035
I actually like the concept of a hardcore side world. There are not too many offerings for hardcore players outside of things like the skeleton key bosses and another world like Darkmoor would be greatly appreciated.

Now on the subject of drops. Drops need to be enticing and rewarding for those choosing to take the challenge. I actually like Empyrea's model to an extent. I love how the top tier gear is available from both the Fight Club and a much easier casual instance. This allows the largest segment of the player population to get good gear and cuts down on the haves vs have-nots. That being said the drops in the Fight Club are a bit underwhelming at the moment. There are several ways this can be fixed-solutions I believe can be added to all hardcore side areas:

-Dramatically increase the Fight Club's drop rates. In fact, I would go so far as to say a run of it should guarantee a piece of Cabalist gear
-Add other non-defining incentives. Things such as mega snacks, jewel plant seeds, certain elixirs etc will not offer a distinct advantage to a player but are highly desirable.
-Add some cosmetic rewards: One idea I had was to add an option similar to shiny pokemon. Pretty much the dungeon would drop a one-time use item that would allow a player to change the coloration of one spell of their choice. I would love to cast a pink kraken or a red leviathan. If KI wished they could even add drops that change the animation of an acquired spell.

All of these extra incentives would make the dungeon desirable without making it required to be effective in battle.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
183
Victoria FireHeart on Mar 9, 2018 wrote:
I think you may have misunderstood what I meant. I used the tiers applied to housing gauntlets as an example of how KI could allow for tiers in side dungeons or actual content, without using level as the indicator but choice.

EG. We could do Darkmoor and choose if we wanted pre-nerf version or how it is now. They could be chosen by selecting a sigil or some kind of tab that gives options of 'difficult' or 'regular'. This could be applied to new content/dungeons as well as possibly to old.

As to the idea of nerfing ourselves - going solo or choosing not to equip items: That's kind of like telling a musician who is bored with their orchestra to try playing with one hand instead of encouraging them to find a better orchestra or more difficult sheet music. They want to play to their max capacity, not see what they can achieve with self-imposed inhibitors.
That is a great analogy. Its not fun unequiping gear to make battles harder. Its fun to struggle through a world knowing you are using your best resorces that you have gotten. Telling players that want a challenge to unequip their gear doesnt solve the problem. I wouldnt want to do that it would be boring. Knowing that you can be better, and easily defeat an enemy, but deciding to weaken your self is no fun. I feel like telling people that want a challenge to use weaker gear is just like telling people that dont want a challenge to get better gear.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1113
Everyone has their own play style and different meaning of challenge A wizard adjusting his or her gear and other resources can solve the problem depending what type of challenge that person is looking for. This is a game not a job or the Army like where you have to be all you can be to have fun. People mention self nerfed not to make others feel weak but to help those find an alternative solution to meet their challenge when the battle appears too easy since Kingsisle designed wizard101 for every player's strategy level.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
1691
I think there definitely is an interest in having a pre-nerf Darkmoor- perhaps they would be able to implement that as a Skeleton key boss or something?

What would you want the theme of the side world to be? I personally am still for the idea that I'd rather have side areas (gauntlets skeleton key bosses etc) rather than a whole "world" but if we did have a world I think Darkmoor themed would be great! Though really I suppose they could expand Aquila more too.

More specific responses:

Eric I overall agree with everything you said, with the exception of the cosmetics. I worry that it would be "too desirable" maybe they'd also offer that sort of thing as a crowns option too?

Victoria/Fred- I don't understand Victoria's analogy like Patrick- I don't think that they relate. I thought that wanting a challenge was the point here? If you literally do use nothing but you're base stats- that is exactly that- a challenge! I understand your concern about not wanting to limit yourself though because it's not "fun" however no one ever said it wasn't going to be a challenge.

Brahm Yeah, the wands are really not that great.... I don't know if I agree with a permanent stat boost, but the otherwise I agree.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1035
exp613 on Mar 13, 2018 wrote:
I think there definitely is an interest in having a pre-nerf Darkmoor- perhaps they would be able to implement that as a Skeleton key boss or something?

What would you want the theme of the side world to be? I personally am still for the idea that I'd rather have side areas (gauntlets skeleton key bosses etc) rather than a whole "world" but if we did have a world I think Darkmoor themed would be great! Though really I suppose they could expand Aquila more too.

More specific responses:

Eric I overall agree with everything you said, with the exception of the cosmetics. I worry that it would be "too desirable" maybe they'd also offer that sort of thing as a crowns option too?

Victoria/Fred- I don't understand Victoria's analogy like Patrick- I don't think that they relate. I thought that wanting a challenge was the point here? If you literally do use nothing but you're base stats- that is exactly that- a challenge! I understand your concern about not wanting to limit yourself though because it's not "fun" however no one ever said it wasn't going to be a challenge.

Brahm Yeah, the wands are really not that great.... I don't know if I agree with a permanent stat boost, but the otherwise I agree.
There are a lot of options for themes that I would love to explore. I feel Darkmoor is already overplayed so I would like to get away from that. What I would like to see is a world with more morally ambiguous themes. Something like a friendly world that's dying so it launched an invasion of another world that's occupied by a mostly hostile species.Our wizard would be charged with mediating such a conflict.

In terms of cosmetics- I can see them being added to the crowns shop. However, what I would like is for the dropped cosmetics to retain some uniqueness. Using the example of a red leviathan- perhaps the crown shop version would be a different shade of red or have different degrees of usage of red.

Also in terms of challenge- I see where Victoria is coming from. As a challenge seeking player myself, I don't often find fun in downgrading my gear. I like to experience a challenge while I am operating at full capacity. To understand this here is a comparison. Casual players enjoy easier worlds-however I doubt many casuals would enjoy a world with 1 hp monsters who only used rank 1 spells. The degree of ease or challenge isn't the only issue- it has to be fun as well.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1472
Everyone who feels KI is too easy is welcome to come and quest with me.



My wizards struggle...So I wind up hiring a fair number of henchmen. One reason I don't play so often any more. If I do, it's usually a few team ups maybe a Daily Task and quit.

I admire those of you who are super duper good at gaming but a lot of us aren't.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1472
Victoria FireHeart on Mar 6, 2018 wrote:
I like it!

Maybe so everyone can be included we could introduce the idea of levelled side dungeons? Kind of like the house dungeons have different levels depending on the lowest level wizard but instead of it being according to the level of the wizard it could be something the team selects? I'm pretty sure the casual players would feel sad to miss out on content just because some of us want something more challenging and this would help cater for both casual and more hard core players at once. Perhaps have 2 sigils for the same dungeon depending on what level was wanted?That would allow for team up to work too.
Yes please, tier it so that those of us who just want to be entertained a while can still enjoy the game as well.

Good idea!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1472
Patrick Ravenbane on Mar 13, 2018 wrote:
Everyone has their own play style and different meaning of challenge A wizard adjusting his or her gear and other resources can solve the problem depending what type of challenge that person is looking for. This is a game not a job or the Army like where you have to be all you can be to have fun. People mention self nerfed not to make others feel weak but to help those find an alternative solution to meet their challenge when the battle appears too easy since Kingsisle designed wizard101 for every player's strategy level.
Plus there are a lot of 'hard core' games out there for those who want intense battles, really super duper hard challenges, etc.
I'm not one of those. I just want to go into fantasy world a while and forget the troubles of the day, not become anxious or stressed or stuck.


Everybody's different.

Making some incredibly difficult things for players who do enjoy that type of thing isn't a bad idea but a lot of us would be left out.

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
164
I think I x'd out before my post went through so apologies if I end up with two posts...

Spark, I would totally help you out. I am not a great player, but I do well enough to get through things. I also agree that there are more options out there for hardcore gamers than there are for casual players. I don't want to see KI go overboard, just provide enough options to keep players happy.

Doing a straight out difficult world would alienate the casual player. I think hardcore players would be happier with an Aquila type dungeon world than an actual side world like Grizzleheim, anyways. There's just more to offer in terms of a challenge with a dungeon. We are long overdue for another Aquila.

I still think we need a hardcore mode for the game. I think I mentioned it before. Once you beat a world in normal mode, you unlock hard mode, with greater rewards of course. I've seen it done in other games.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
183
I feel like this is turning into the already debated should worlds be challenging or easy enough to be completed by everyone. The reason why I made this thread was the idea of a SIDE world. Its already understood that the main worlds have to be able to be completed by the casual players. Thats why Im saying we need a super hard SIDE world. This is optional and is something not everyone has to do if they feel its to hard. Its just something to please the players that want more of a challenge. Beast man fight club is just one dungeon. It was fun doing the first time but after that there isnt really any reason to do it. Im just suggesting a hard side world that is not required. It would be completely optional. Its just to let the players that want a challenge have some fun.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1472
Heuna on Mar 15, 2018 wrote:
I think I x'd out before my post went through so apologies if I end up with two posts...

Spark, I would totally help you out. I am not a great player, but I do well enough to get through things. I also agree that there are more options out there for hardcore gamers than there are for casual players. I don't want to see KI go overboard, just provide enough options to keep players happy.

Doing a straight out difficult world would alienate the casual player. I think hardcore players would be happier with an Aquila type dungeon world than an actual side world like Grizzleheim, anyways. There's just more to offer in terms of a challenge with a dungeon. We are long overdue for another Aquila.

I still think we need a hardcore mode for the game. I think I mentioned it before. Once you beat a world in normal mode, you unlock hard mode, with greater rewards of course. I've seen it done in other games.
I like your ideas in this post. A side dungeon is a nice idea, a side world is something more people would expect to be involved in I think. Most people think they ought to complete Marleybone, Grizzleheim, Wysteria or they won't fit in.

I think unlocking hardcore mode (in existing game or same worlds) is also a good idea, because 'casuals' could still participate in the way they are comfortable with, but yet players who are really good at gaming, and want a more intense challenge could be enticed into staying longer in the game, too. Something for everyone then.

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
164
Fred Frost on Mar 15, 2018 wrote:
I feel like this is turning into the already debated should worlds be challenging or easy enough to be completed by everyone. The reason why I made this thread was the idea of a SIDE world. Its already understood that the main worlds have to be able to be completed by the casual players. Thats why Im saying we need a super hard SIDE world. This is optional and is something not everyone has to do if they feel its to hard. Its just something to please the players that want more of a challenge. Beast man fight club is just one dungeon. It was fun doing the first time but after that there isnt really any reason to do it. Im just suggesting a hard side world that is not required. It would be completely optional. Its just to let the players that want a challenge have some fun.
My point was that a side world with a storyline would still alienate the casual player. But if its done like Aquila, as a dungeon world, it would be different and less likely to alienate others.