Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Spells From The Past

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 22, 2009
I think it would be a great idea if we could unlock spells from the past almost, like be able to obtain spells from Dragonspyre's school, Avalon, Wysteria even. We have always had our teacher, their trained spells, and the spells they sent us on missions for. What if we had access to the older spells though, that were used so long ago they may almost be forgotten, like Dragonspyre's school hasn't been open for a while. If you completed Polaris you are a part of the Arcanum, this organization has been around for a long long time, they'll have many interesting spells. However, this also means (because of the age of the society) they'd have access to spells used in other worlds and other time periods (since they were around then), meaning it is very plausible that these teachers could send us to another world to obtain a spell that is exclusive to that world and time period. Example: Avalon is set in medieval times filled with knights in shining armor, what if each school could get a spell pertaining to knights or something. Dragonspyre had their own school, there are ghosts there that could still know some of the spells, you could be sent on a quest to track down the teachers or students and learn a spell the school used to teach. Wysteria, though rather odd and interesting would have new spells too, they may not be the best but they'd certainly be unique since the teachers come from such different worlds. You get the picture.

There are also many school specific worlds, Krok is balance, and Dragonspyre is fire, Polaris ice, Mooshu life, and so forth. So the teachers could also send us to the specific world to obtain a spell representing the world.
Example: Legend says Dragonspyre was destroyed by the great Dragon Titan which destroyed the world and the school of magic that rivaled Ravenwood. What if fire could summon this Dragon Titan as a spell because they were sent to Dragonspyre because that is a fire world?
Level 110 Fire

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
You are right that the Arcanum will have new spells for us. I think it would be cool to have spells taught in the older worlds. I mean I love getting to see new worlds, but I always would like to see us visit old worlds again. (They kind of are doing that with the Daily Assignments) I'd love to see Wysterian and Dragonspyre themed spells!

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Also we do get a spell from Avalon. When you enter Azteca. (or whatever comes after. I forget.) Go Wysterian Spells! Lol

Explorer
Oct 12, 2012
ecwcats4 on May 31, 2016 wrote:
I think it would be a great idea if we could unlock spells from the past almost, like be able to obtain spells from Dragonspyre's school, Avalon, Wysteria even. We have always had our teacher, their trained spells, and the spells they sent us on missions for. What if we had access to the older spells though, that were used so long ago they may almost be forgotten, like Dragonspyre's school hasn't been open for a while. If you completed Polaris you are a part of the Arcanum, this organization has been around for a long long time, they'll have many interesting spells. However, this also means (because of the age of the society) they'd have access to spells used in other worlds and other time periods (since they were around then), meaning it is very plausible that these teachers could send us to another world to obtain a spell that is exclusive to that world and time period. Example: Avalon is set in medieval times filled with knights in shining armor, what if each school could get a spell pertaining to knights or something. Dragonspyre had their own school, there are ghosts there that could still know some of the spells, you could be sent on a quest to track down the teachers or students and learn a spell the school used to teach. Wysteria, though rather odd and interesting would have new spells too, they may not be the best but they'd certainly be unique since the teachers come from such different worlds. You get the picture.

There are also many school specific worlds, Krok is balance, and Dragonspyre is fire, Polaris ice, Mooshu life, and so forth. So the teachers could also send us to the specific world to obtain a spell representing the world.
Example: Legend says Dragonspyre was destroyed by the great Dragon Titan which destroyed the world and the school of magic that rivaled Ravenwood. What if fire could summon this Dragon Titan as a spell because they were sent to Dragonspyre because that is a fire world?
Level 110 Fire
For all we know maybe the giant titan in DS can be the last ever spell KI plans to give Fire ;).