Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Spell Ideas

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 06, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
icewing43 wrote:
Ok, I can see your point in the thought of the Valkyrie idea. But, I remember from your own words, sometimes simplicity is the key. A lot of players on this game are little kids, they would most likely think that a Valkyrie is in the category of a Life Spell.

Though you do understand my point about the comparison, do you not? I mean, Angels are messengers of god, and have some affairs with the dead and living. Valkyrie also interact with the afterlife and therefore my comparison is reached. Both have something in common, and I personally would place an "Angel" spell (If they had one, not snow angel, that's something totally different, because of the word snow.) in the school of life.

You're taking what I'm saying out of context. I was talking about spell effects, not the mythical creatures the spells are based on. Plus that doesn't even make sense; how is the idea complicated? Valkyries choose who dies in battle and lead them to Valhalla, therefore they cannot be Life creatures. I don't know about you, but to me, that seems pretty easy to explain. Lastly, since this game is rated E10+, "little kids" shouldn't be playing. By the way, I do get your comparison (although it's a big stretch), but the way that you're putting it is that valkyries and angels are interchangeable which is erroneous for the reasons I've mentioned and mainly because they come from two different religions.

Hey, could you give me an overall critique on the ideas you haven't seen yet (like spells that I have modified, etc.). I like your criticism and I hope to build off of it with a positive attitude. Hopefully you can agree.

-Oran Titanrider, Grandmaster Thaumaturgist
"We've all been noobs before"

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
forgetno4 wrote:
For Fire I think it should be a dragon king, because the dragons started the Fire school.

They already have Dragon.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
slammer111 wrote:
could you put the ice spell's side effect different, cause this is what i am thinking, a balance(fire)[storm] is getting ready for judgement(heckhound)[tempest] and the ice is going first, so the ice casts great bear and the other player cannot do anything about the 1300 base damage (not counting blades and traps!!!) coming theyre way (600+700 from the 14 pip spell) and if timed right and the ice survived (which no offense but 7 times out of 10 they will) they will have 4 pips left, the one more power pip and boom collosus for the kill
because if the ice stacks up right they will probably have a repeat blade and then collosus will be able to kill.

also the death spell lich seems like a combo of madusa and wraith but no stun shields (fear is basically called stun)thus would (maybe) bring a rise in chain stunning in pvp back.
also deaths impact is that a death only spell, cause if it is then ice will fall into the shadows and death will rise, (do we really have to 2 over powered school complaints?) because we already have infection (-50% of heal) and then death will turn heals into damage (really that seems like a pvp only spell, thats where he will use it) in the wild, there is only one place that i can find use for that spell, against cuthalla (and his insane satyr XD)

also balances shinx, yes it will be good against cl bosses in trial of spheres (where they start with full fack) but definitly would tip the pvp scale. and i think the equality is a very good idea (maybe the life part could heal some XD) also, what if someone sacrifices themself and dies, i can see 1500 health in their future (message bored pvp time bomb lol)

hmmm reflection, that seems like a pretty cool spell, nice idea

other than those epic ideas

Ok, look. The Ice Effect does not affect the Power Pip Value, only the normal pip value. So the highest damage you can do with that effect can only be 450, that is, if they use tempest, judgement, and/or heckhound with ALL of their pips.. One can easily avoid the effect by casting a blade on oneself, or shielding another. Secondly, the spell takes 9 pips. That would take all of the Ice Wizard's pips away, he wouldn't have any more pips left.

Ok, I think you are talking about the Werewolf spell. And No, it is nothing like a stun. A stun is when the target's turn is skipped. In this, the target can still shield himself, heal himself, heal others, shield others, buff others, and attack people on the other side, just not the caster. Also, it takes 9 pips. That won't be enough for a "Chain Stun" if it was 1v1.

Death's Impact is a fine spell. I'm not sure if it would be an all usage spell, but it does contribute to a new type of strategy in the overall game. Don't you hate it sometimes when another player heals? Especially when their Legendary, the Infection wouldn't work if they have high critical ratings. This would cause hesitation of healing when they are second in a turn against a wizard who contains this spell.

I'm pretty sure Sphinx would not tip the PvP scale. Not only because it takes 9 Pips, but also because the only way of clearing the opponents Pips would be if the Sorcerer goes first, only if the target is charging up for an "X" spell or a "Rank 9" spell.

Thanks for the Criticism.
- Oran Titanrider, Grandmaster Thaumaturgist
"We've always been noobs before ..."

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Solstice64 wrote:
Very nice ideas, most of them don't seem to overpowered. (The funny part is that I probably like them becuase half of the effects from spells I have thought of before meaning that if I like these, I like my own ideas as well.)

Thanks!! I totally agree with you. I tried to make as new strategies in the game as possible without going past the fact of "Simplicity".

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
I have a few new spells I am going to add onto the Chart. These will also contribute to the overall strategy of the game and hopefully spark an idea in Kingsisle's Works.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
I've heard from the Other Website, Wizard101 Central, that Kingsisle decided to imbue the fact of Level 58 Pets and new "Special" Legendary spells. I don't know if this is completely true though ...

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
forgetno4 wrote:
I think your idea for the Fire school is a little off, I think it shoul be a Dragon King. Because the Dragons started the Fire school.

Dragon + Crown + Bursting out of a Volcano = AWESOME:D

The Dragons did start the fire school, but a Dragon King wouldn't really solve the problem. I went with a Volcanic Basilisk because it is a fiercesome beast that originates from volcanoes and is in the same family as a Dragon, just with no wings.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
dragonpfyre219 wrote:
I have two spell ideas.

The first is a "build your own" trap/blade. It would come as a freebie from your school, but with the option of adding ANOTHER school (total 2 traps/blades), so you can use that secondary school a bit more.

The second is a " Spirit Hound". Think Hydra, but Spirit (Life, Myth, Death). Appearance would be a three headed dog. Yes I know there is already 2 headed dog (Orthrus). It would work in exactly the same way as a Hydra. Three hits, one of each Life Myth and Death. This would be awesome for the Spirit schools, and Balance.
Sidenote. My husband has a Grand Balance and he thinks this a great idea.

Not exactly what you are getting to in the first idea, but the Second Idea I already made (Check the Equality Spell).

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
iceking355 wrote:
Fire: Lava Lord. Hurts everybody 670 to 900 in fire attack and gives a fire blade to everyone on casters side

... Just a little too similar to Forest Lord. Maybe another name? Other than that not too bad of an idea.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
iceking355 wrote:
Ice accuracy 85%
Spell Name. Avalanche
You see a giant mountain and a blizzard is forming. You hear a giant roar and a monster pops up on the top of the mountain. Then it stomps its foot and rocks and ice fall down and hit people causing 690 to 890 ice damage. :D

Not a bad spell name, but the statistics of the spell are too shallow for me. Kingsisle might like it though ...

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
iceking355 wrote:
Ice 120 damage per pip to all enemies

Shards of ice

A giant monster in a cave comes out with four, three,two,or one depending on how many enemies there are.m It throws the ice shards up they break on the ground causing them to hit the enemies and do the damage.

This wouldn't fit the Category of Ice. Ice Spells have the weakest attacks, this spell by far would do the most damage.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
pyromaniac023 wrote:
Oh brother i swear the fire spell is extremely weak efreet already does this you just made it weaker.Ok look i have a idea for you bro. Lava monster :Rank 9 fire: Does 1000 damage too all enemies adds a 55% fire blade too yourself.The ground cracks magma seeps up from the crack turns into a blob of lava it ignites and attacks all enemies.

I changed it ... hope you like it now.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
iceking355 wrote:
Life
Accuracy 90%
Spell name: Poison Ivy
A patch of poison Ivy comes up and spreads over the enemies half of the field. It hurts everybody on the enemies side 890-960
It shrinks and a patch of flowers comes up on the casters side.
It heals everybody one fourth of it.

Too close to the Death Concept of Converting damage to health.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
iceking355 wrote:
Rain forest Life Pips: as many as the caster has
90% accuracy
A patch of rain grows in the center of the battle field.
A forest then forms under it. A poisonous snake comes out of the forest and hurts the other side with its poisonous bites.
Then the forest goes away along with the snake.
Hurts all enemies 120 per pip :P

Doesn't this have the same statistics as the Ice Spell?

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Proverbs1722 wrote:
dunno if anyone has come up with this idea...but what about hydras aunt Medusa? instead of fire ice and storm, myth death and life same stats as hydra.

Or even an opposite of Spectral Blast... Phantasmal Ray Death=440, Life=365, myth=550 ....4 pip cost 85% etc...?

Already made the spell dude, Check Equality Spell.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Razzie2001 wrote:
Life
Name is Life Lord
It does 545 to 745 and heals all your team mates 600 over 3 rounds
Pips cost 8
Level 22 life

Too close to Forest Lord, and this spell would not be given out at level 22.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
cool9875 wrote:
you should make a death spell called skip it skips the oppopents turn and a one called steal it steals all the oppoents pips and add to his or her self also a balance shied called mirror it takes the damage the oppoent casted and hits the oppoent instead and a life spell called switch it takes the damage and turns it to health what do you think

It's kind of like the same as stunning somebody ... Not a bad idea though.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Solstice64 wrote:
For you volcano basilisk idea. Change it please. A volcano would be (nearly) impossible to make a animation for. When I imagine a volcano exploding, I see lava flying across the sky. If a giant volcano were to be in the battle arena, the explosion would fly right over the wizards heads or just look plain weird if it went straight up and fall upon them. (Now saying that you would want to be next to a volcano when it explodes, just not practical for a tight space in a video game. If you were to make the volcano small, that would be pathetic, imagine a tiny volcano shooting giant fiery rocks at your enemies.

The Spell isn't a Volcano, It is a Volcanic Basilisk, a beast originated from Volcanoes. There doesn't need to be a volcano in the background for the spell to animate successfully.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
alex098 wrote:
okay first off i LOVE death's impact......also i have a idea for another death spell!

Name: Golden price
Pips: 5
Affect: takes damage to one TEAM MATE and heals yourself!
Description: a wraith comes up holding the arena letter things, he signs a "W" on the bottom and throws it at the teammate. he ten turns and points the contract at you and throws it up with a beam of light falling down on you!

tell me what ya think :D

Not a Bad Idea actually ...

... Just the only thing would be is what if you spammed that spell, I'm pretty sure your ally would not want you sapping their health every two turns just so you can heal yourself.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
iceking355 wrote:
Spell name: The danger of blizzards.
Ice
9 pips
A giant monster pops up and starts to blow really hard in the winter.
A blizzard starts to form and hurts everybody on the casters side 90 ice damage. It hurts everybody on the enemies side 950.
85% Accuracy.

They already have a Blizzard spell ...

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
This is a little overpowered spell but here it is:

Name: Dino Apocalypse
Pips: 9
School: Fire
Damage: 100 + 500 + 950-1100 to all enemies and stun for 1 round
Accuracy: 65%
Description: Dinosaurs pop up (1-4 of them) and attack the enemy(s). They do 100 damage to each person. Then, a bunch of meteors strike them and you doing 500 damage (to all enemies.) And finally, the ground starts shaking inn a big explosion on each person doing 950 damage. Then, (if they're still alive) they are stunned for 1 round. A bad accuracy for an overpowered spell is good.

Chase Nightbreath, Level 39 Pyromancer
"Heros get remembered, but legends never die."

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
SuperSaiyan5000 wrote:
This is a little overpowered spell but here it is:

Name: Dino Apocalypse
Pips: 9
School: Fire
Damage: 100 + 500 + 950-1100 to all enemies and stun for 1 round
Accuracy: 65%
Description: Dinosaurs pop up (1-4 of them) and attack the enemy(s). They do 100 damage to each person. Then, a bunch of meteors strike them and you doing 500 damage (to all enemies.) And finally, the ground starts shaking inn a big explosion on each person doing 950 damage. Then, (if they're still alive) they are stunned for 1 round. A bad accuracy for an overpowered spell is good.

Chase Nightbreath, Level 39 Pyromancer
"Heros get remembered, but legends never die."

Even if you do lower the accuracy ... if it hits and a Pyromancer get's a critical on it ... then count everybody on the other side dead.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Has Kingsisle said anything about the Amulet Ideas yet? I'm wondering on whether or not they'll use it.

- Oran Titanrider, Grandmaster Thaumaturge

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Kingsisle, or Professor Falmea, or Professor Greyrose, this specific post I am writing about is to you. I don't know if you are able to fully converse with the Players on these posts, but if you have any questions WHATSOEVER about the Spells I have created, please ask and I will gladly answer. If you cannot fully converse with students on this please send me a message saying you don't. I want to help Wizard101 As best as I can to make it as fun as possible for the players. If you are going to use any of these spells I would want you to fully understand the specifics of each and every spell, no matter how hard I have to work to get that past the line for you guys to understand.

Hopefully you guys can please cooperate,
Oran Titanrider, Grandmaster Thaumaturge
"We've all been noobs before ..."