Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New school idea!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 17, 2009
Mmkay so my friend and I talked about this last night, The school of Cosmos.

Basically it utilizes every aspect of known magic such as Fire Ice Storm Myth Life Death Balance Sun Moon Star and Shadow to create the ultimate magic.

The School colors could be Gold and Silver

Silver would be the school gem.

Oh and the spells could be like Dawn of the Winter Sun so it could be like a mixture of spells from different schools and such.

That's basically it! Is this just a silly idea?

Sarah UnicornFlower

Master Of Ice

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
Sapphirewater on Nov 11, 2015 wrote:
Mmkay so my friend and I talked about this last night, The school of Cosmos.

Basically it utilizes every aspect of known magic such as Fire Ice Storm Myth Life Death Balance Sun Moon Star and Shadow to create the ultimate magic.

The School colors could be Gold and Silver

Silver would be the school gem.

Oh and the spells could be like Dawn of the Winter Sun so it could be like a mixture of spells from different schools and such.

That's basically it! Is this just a silly idea?

Sarah UnicornFlower

Master Of Ice
There a few problems with this. First of all the balance school already incorporates all magic schools. Second is silver is not a gem stone it's a metal and already in the game as a reagent. Third cosmos has to with astral stuff and we have astral magic. And last but certainly not least if we can't have a new base school because if we did KI would have to re-make the whole game from the start.

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
There is always a problem when suggesting new school no matter what it is.

See, if you suggest any school and accept it, they will have to add either NEW enemies or rewrite old enemies as the new school because there are no others as that specific school.

And yes Balance incorporates all the spells within the school itself.

What would be cool instead of suggesting a new school, is once you reach a high enough level you can learn one of the spells in the school in Pigswick academy (Earth, Tempest etc) and if you are life, you learn an earth spell etc.
Just a thought.

50/50 on this idea.

Explorer
Sep 15, 2015
the awesome pyroma... on Nov 11, 2015 wrote:
There a few problems with this. First of all the balance school already incorporates all magic schools. Second is silver is not a gem stone it's a metal and already in the game as a reagent. Third cosmos has to with astral stuff and we have astral magic. And last but certainly not least if we can't have a new base school because if we did KI would have to re-make the whole game from the start.
Completely agree

Explorer
May 17, 2009
the awesome pyroma... on Nov 11, 2015 wrote:
first off I know silver isn't a gemstone.But neither is jade, jade is a stone not a gem and also the Cosmos sounds like it could be the configuration of many types of magic. But thnx for your opinion though.

Sarah UnicornFlower

Master Of Ice

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
Sapphirewater on Nov 13, 2015 wrote:
first off I know silver isn't a gemstone.But neither is jade, jade is a stone not a gem and also the Cosmos sounds like it could be the configuration of many types of magic. But thnx for your opinion though.

Sarah UnicornFlower

Master Of Ice
Balance is a configuration of all schools and when you say "many" it sounds like a down grade from balance.

Explorer
May 17, 2009
the awesome pyroma... on Nov 13, 2015 wrote:
Balance is a configuration of all schools and when you say "many" it sounds like a down grade from balance.
Balance doesn't use Sun Moon OR Star OR Shadow. so it's not really a downgrade

Survivor
Nov 28, 2009
Even if they did come out with a new school it would have to be something to its own.

wizards technically, can use every schools magic yes, but that doesn't mean they can use any school without a mastery, i think what the original post was getting at was a school that doesn't need a mastery to use all schools, I think what they meant was the strongest type of wizard, one that doesn't need a mastery to master all elements, I think that is a cool general idea.

I give this a 10/10 for the idea.

but to be uncertain if it would ever be introduced into wizard101 is another thing i am anxious to find out!

Wolf ShadowHunter
Angel Heart

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
Sapphirewater on Nov 13, 2015 wrote:

Sarah UnicornFlower

Master Of Ice
Sorry, Jade is a gem.

"'Jade', or yu, as it is called in China, is strictly speaking a generic term for two different gems, nephrite and jadeite. The name is derived from the Spanish 'piedra de ijada', loin-stone, jade having been recognised by the Amerindians as a remedy for kidney ailments..."

Jade is not a stone, technically it's not even called 'Jade' but we won't get into technicalities as that's not what this post is about. Jade is a form of gem, sorry.