Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Pet Ideas

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 15, 2012
Sorry if this thread has already been created however if so it's found it's way back a few pages. So here are some new ideas for pets I have and hoping to hear from more people with great pet ideas. If any are repeats well it's a good idea then.

Pets:
Assassin Caterpillar
Bull
Khrysalis Cricket
Silverback Gorilla
Parrot
Giant Anteater
Kamoto Dragon
Sea Snake
Orca or whale
Hedgehog
Diamond Back Rattlesnake (To go along with the new South Western World idea)

Survivor
Oct 22, 2015
You need to be more descriptive than this. You just giving names for pets will not help. Provide ideas of what the pet should look like, what school it will be, if it will be dropped/bought. You can't just throw in some names and expect KI to do the rest.

Explorer
May 30, 2009
Lovely pet ideas Zomb.

I want to see all those! Maybe the Prospector would let you have a pet version of what he's looking for?
You know:
Smiths (there already is one)
Beetles
Yardbirds and Troggs
Stray Cats
Oysters
(I'm not sure how to do the Roses or the WallFlowers)
Lounge Lizards
Sock Monkeys
Crows
UFOs
Khrysalis Kryckets and the Orbs
and the Vanilla Ice cones

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
DUCKS. That's all I can think about right now. DUCKS.

They're my favourite animal not because "they're silly", but because they're interesting to observe, and I see them almost everyday, more than any other animal (I live near a pond).

To make this post more relevant, (because I totally did not just write this post to rant about my love for ducks ) , I would also like to suggest that we need more bird-like pets.
Also as in pets found irl too, who wouldn't love to see their favourite animal at their side?

Please consider these ideas! *whispers ducks*

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
well i personally think adding new pets to the game is a great idea.However, to determine if adding those particular pets is a good idea, we would need to know how they look like

Heather StarSong level 42

Explorer
Sep 15, 2012
CubYT on Nov 27, 2015 wrote:
You need to be more descriptive than this. You just giving names for pets will not help. Provide ideas of what the pet should look like, what school it will be, if it will be dropped/bought. You can't just throw in some names and expect KI to do the rest.
I appreciate the feedback, and yeah Zeke pets would be awesome, ducks too :). If you guys don't know what these animals look like it's as easy as google search, Giant Anteater, etc. I'm not the KI's artist so I won't draw you a picture ;). These ideas were simply to allow to more suggestions from other wizards. I'm sorry if I didn't give a complete stat break down and decide for KI what school they should be, I figured they have a team of paid employees that do that sort of thing. Guys rather than attacking my post how about we suggest more pets?

Survivor
Dec 13, 2012
CubYT on Nov 27, 2015 wrote:
It seems like Zombone was just trying to get some dialog started about the idea of some new pets. Sometimes a good idea starts with something as simple as a name. Maybe you have some suggestions on how these pets would look, schools they would be in, etc. rather than just attacking someones idea?

Personally, I like your ideas, Zombone, and can even imagine what some could look like and what schools they would be in. The parrot could look like a Macaw, and would work well as a life school pet. Or it could be a blue Macaw and be ice school even. Ooooh! What about a parrot that you can pick the colors of? I like the diamond back rattler and the hedgehog ideas too. They would both make sense as either myth or balance pets very easily. If a desertish wild western world did happen and have pets, I would love to see a desert tortoise pet.

Also, I adore the idea of little ducky pets! They could also be a choose your color type of thing if they were rubber duckies.

Explorer
Sep 15, 2012
My apologies for not specifying more of my ideas from the thread starter, it was up for suggestion ideas on how to develop these animals into pets. I'll start with one new idea I've had and hope more people will suggest more ideas for these possible pets.

-Assassin Caterpillar (Which is a real thing) Could maybe be death and if you made this one for higher level's maybe since some wizards are using amulets for schools other than their own it could get the Hungry Caterpillar spell. Just a thought. It would be interesting to have pets that use enhanced shadow school spells. (also the look for this pet could be modeled after the Hungry Caterpillar)

Anonymous Exalted

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
I was thinking more realistic sort of like male/female mallard ducks. They could start off as little ducklings at baby, older ducklings at teen and their adult form at adult. Not likely that it will happen if it's too much to put in, but I'm hoping there's more realistic pets in the game.

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
Oh and to add, you can choose the gender/species of the duck by "dyeing them".

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
How about astral pets? Like a ,,and shaped pets? and they could give cards like Moon bolt, Star streak, and Sun Blast. I have no idea how much damage they should do though