Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Craftable School Mounts in Test

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 28, 2013
33
I love the new School Mounts! I do wish the Balance one had more of a "wave" of sand like a giant sandstorm on it so it would not look so much like PigPen's aura. It seems KI has listened to players ideas, and made these drops in the new One Shot Gauntlets also (temporary and permanent).

However, I do not like that Fishing is required/mandated as part of the recipe. Fishing as a component (fish) of crafting started with the Darkmoor Decks. I have tried Fishing on a couple of wizards, and do not like it. I did not craft the Darkmoor decks as a result, and I will not be crafting these new school mounts either since a previous optional activity (Fishing) has now become mandatory in order to obtain a component of another optional activity (Crafting).

Optional side activities-Crafting, PVP, Gardening, Pets (arguably optional). None of these are required activities. Helpful, yes.

Mandatory-Fishing, in order to craft Darkmoor Decks and the new School Mounts.

I shudder to think what may be some future components of crafting............a Coat of Invincibility, a Gorilla Skirmisher? An Ultra pet? Full garden of EMP's? I hope I am being overly dramatic.

I know there are people who regularly partake in all activities, and I myself have participated in all available activities on several wizards. But, there are myriads of people involved in this game, with various styles, time constraints, likes, dislikes, sole wizard, multiple wizards, etc.

Please keep the optional in side activities and do not amalgamate them. IMHO.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
I am in agreement here. Fishing as a requirement needs to stop. It's inconsistent with optional/side activities in the game, past to present.

You don't have to PvP to be able to access anything (unless it's related to PvP).
You don't have to garden to be able to access any gear sets at all.
You don't have to train a pet to be able to access any gear sets at all.
You don't have to do the Pet Derby either.

It feels like fishing is being shoved at us, and from asking around and from my own assessment, players don't like it.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
1642
Circe Minerva on Jul 12, 2015 wrote:
I love the new School Mounts! I do wish the Balance one had more of a "wave" of sand like a giant sandstorm on it so it would not look so much like PigPen's aura. It seems KI has listened to players ideas, and made these drops in the new One Shot Gauntlets also (temporary and permanent).

However, I do not like that Fishing is required/mandated as part of the recipe. Fishing as a component (fish) of crafting started with the Darkmoor Decks. I have tried Fishing on a couple of wizards, and do not like it. I did not craft the Darkmoor decks as a result, and I will not be crafting these new school mounts either since a previous optional activity (Fishing) has now become mandatory in order to obtain a component of another optional activity (Crafting).

Optional side activities-Crafting, PVP, Gardening, Pets (arguably optional). None of these are required activities. Helpful, yes.

Mandatory-Fishing, in order to craft Darkmoor Decks and the new School Mounts.

I shudder to think what may be some future components of crafting............a Coat of Invincibility, a Gorilla Skirmisher? An Ultra pet? Full garden of EMP's? I hope I am being overly dramatic.

I know there are people who regularly partake in all activities, and I myself have participated in all available activities on several wizards. But, there are myriads of people involved in this game, with various styles, time constraints, likes, dislikes, sole wizard, multiple wizards, etc.

Please keep the optional in side activities and do not amalgamate them. IMHO.
Sorry to burst your bubble but the fish they gave to the school mount recipes are EXTREMELY common.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4162
Lucas Rain on Jul 13, 2015 wrote:
I am in agreement here. Fishing as a requirement needs to stop. It's inconsistent with optional/side activities in the game, past to present.

You don't have to PvP to be able to access anything (unless it's related to PvP).
You don't have to garden to be able to access any gear sets at all.
You don't have to train a pet to be able to access any gear sets at all.
You don't have to do the Pet Derby either.

It feels like fishing is being shoved at us, and from asking around and from my own assessment, players don't like it.
You also don't have to have the crafted mounts or tapestries that use fish in the recipes. The fish required for the mount recipes are extremely common. Crafting almost always requires doing other optional activities to get the ingredients needed.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2013
33
Rachel Dreamsong on Jul 13, 2015 wrote:
Sorry to burst your bubble but the fish they gave to the school mount recipes are EXTREMELY common.
No bubble bursted Helpful Wiz :). I knew that........I have fished on several wizards as my post said.

However, that is NOT my point :). Happy Fishing to you!

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
I would have zero complaints if there were a fish market so you can just bypass fishing if you want to.