Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth has no healing spell.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 02, 2012
47
1 Fire: powerlink or link
2 ice: steal heals(over time heals)
3 life: mainly all heals
4 balance: helping handing avoiding healing(misspelled i know)
5 Myth: none
6 storm: healing current
7 death: healing from spells( steal health)

all other school have ways to heal but myth. dont have one. i am talking about healing spell. not from killing minion and heal. that's every school has one.

Defender
Jul 21, 2013
125
I totally agree! I am level 47 wizard and i have no healing spells for myth. To heal I had to spend my training points on sprite and satyr! This isn't fair! Myth deserves a healing spell! KINGS ISLE, GIVE US A MYTH HEALING SPELL!

- 8 pip- Illuminati- Deal 425 damage and HEAL 500
- 3 pip- Cyclops Gift- HEAL 220 and +20% damage to next spell
- 5 pip- Minotaur's Gift- HEAL 45 and 450
- 6 pip- Earthquake of Life- 455 damage to all enemies and HEAL self for half the damage
- X pip- Max Revive- HEAL 10% of max life back per pip

I just came up with 5! So, why doesn't myth have and healing spells?

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
452
True That, mister Spirit.
My myth had to try for a heal pet to get the same benefits. So I ended up giving up on that character. It's a tough school to master without an amulet.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4162
Myth has a 0 pip minion unlike other schools and every wizard gets Pixie. Fire and Storm also only sacrifice minion for pips. Ice's snow drift isn't really useful unless you happen to be fighting a creature that always casts heal over time cheats.

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
230
SamuelSpirit on Apr 14, 2016 wrote:
1 Fire: powerlink or link
2 ice: steal heals(over time heals)
3 life: mainly all heals
4 balance: helping handing avoiding healing(misspelled i know)
5 Myth: none
6 storm: healing current
7 death: healing from spells( steal health)

all other school have ways to heal but myth. dont have one. i am talking about healing spell. not from killing minion and heal. that's every school has one.
Some of what you've listed doesn't really count.

1. Fire: The healing is for self only.
2. Ice: Can only steal a heal if there is a heal to steal.
3. Life: The main focus of Life is to heal.
4. Balance: Sort of a mix of all other schools, so of course should have some sort of healing. There is 'Helping Hands' and 'Availing Hands.'
5. Myth: Only school that can transfer DoT to an enemy and there are no TC for that spell (not the last time I checked anyway).
6. Storm: Yep.
7. Death: You forgot about 'Sacrifice' which can be used to heal others.

So for Fire and Ice, you can't really count those So that's three schools that don't have healing power. Death is iffy, since it requires losing health to give it (to others) and Storm's healing is a random chance of helpful or disappointing.

Since Myth can send damage away to an enemy, in a way that's an equivalent spell because you are no longer losing health (so in a way you are healing yourself by preventing the damage), while at the same time sending the damage to someone else.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
168
I don't really think myth needs a heal as the official description says they summon minions and tend to go in alone Manuel the sap minion spell is the best way to heal

Geographer
Mar 16, 2012
857
SamuelSpirit on Apr 14, 2016 wrote:
1 Fire: powerlink or link
2 ice: steal heals(over time heals)
3 life: mainly all heals
4 balance: helping handing avoiding healing(misspelled i know)
5 Myth: none
6 storm: healing current
7 death: healing from spells( steal health)

all other school have ways to heal but myth. dont have one. i am talking about healing spell. not from killing minion and heal. that's every school has one.
1. this is a very weak heal, why would you want something like it?
2. unless the enemy uses an HoT, this spell is basically useless.
3. This is what Life is about, dude.
4. also a very weak heal.
5. as with all schools, you can train extra healing spells
6. kinda iffy, you could get healed a tiny or a lot.
7. This is what Death is about.
Have you forgotten that all schools get a healing spell from Lady Oriel ( Pixie ), and we don't have to use training points to get it?
Pets also heal or grant healing spells.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
1124
Old argument, same answers, even though you don't want to hear them.
Pixie - Minion Sacrifice - healing pet.
No one DESERVES anything. Buy some TCs.
Playing a Myth character takes a little determination and planning. Lacking a major heal spell is no bigger deal for a Myth than it is for a Fire, Storm or Ice.

Defender
Jul 21, 2013
125
TucsonWizard on Apr 15, 2016 wrote:
Old argument, same answers, even though you don't want to hear them.
Pixie - Minion Sacrifice - healing pet.
No one DESERVES anything. Buy some TCs.
Playing a Myth character takes a little determination and planning. Lacking a major heal spell is no bigger deal for a Myth than it is for a Fire, Storm or Ice.
Well TusconWizard, I don't know about you but I don't i can afford to keep buying a million life treasure cards (rebirth is so expensive!) I am not made of money in this game.

Here is another MYTH HEALING SPELL:
3 pip-Unscathed-At end of duel restore 100% of maximum hp

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
230
anecorbie on Apr 15, 2016 wrote:
1. this is a very weak heal, why would you want something like it?
2. unless the enemy uses an HoT, this spell is basically useless.
3. This is what Life is about, dude.
4. also a very weak heal.
5. as with all schools, you can train extra healing spells
6. kinda iffy, you could get healed a tiny or a lot.
7. This is what Death is about.
Have you forgotten that all schools get a healing spell from Lady Oriel ( Pixie ), and we don't have to use training points to get it?
Pets also heal or grant healing spells.
4. Balance school heals aren't weak at all.

Helping Hands = 50 + 490 over 3 rounds (540 total)
Availing Hands = 70 + 780 over 3 rounds (850 total)

First one is almost twice the healing of Sprite and the second is almost as much as Satyr. Considering it's not Life school, that's pretty good.

Hero
Nov 22, 2015
772
The Weather Man on Apr 14, 2016 wrote:
I totally agree! I am level 47 wizard and i have no healing spells for myth. To heal I had to spend my training points on sprite and satyr! This isn't fair! Myth deserves a healing spell! KINGS ISLE, GIVE US A MYTH HEALING SPELL!

- 8 pip- Illuminati- Deal 425 damage and HEAL 500
- 3 pip- Cyclops Gift- HEAL 220 and +20% damage to next spell
- 5 pip- Minotaur's Gift- HEAL 45 and 450
- 6 pip- Earthquake of Life- 455 damage to all enemies and HEAL self for half the damage
- X pip- Max Revive- HEAL 10% of max life back per pip

I just came up with 5! So, why doesn't myth have and healing spells?
Illuminati costs too many pips for the damage and healing . A spell like that for myth might have to deal maybe 800-1000 damage and heals maybe 500-700 . This is just off the top of my head but still it's too many pips for what it does. Clever name though, especially since Myth has the Illuminati pyramid for a symbol .

The Cyclops Gift should probably heal more and instead of putting a +20% blade , it should boost healing by 20% or maybe more.

Minotaur's Gift is a clever healing spell, because it could get rid of stuff like Infection, but it should probably heal more.

Earthquake of Life is ripping off death. It's not a bad idea for all schools to get some drains, like all schools get minions.

Max Revive should not be a Myth healing spell . It is way too powerful for Myth . However, it would be a great idea for a Life healing spell .

I agree that Myth should get a healing spell , but it probably should only get one. If I were to choose one of the heals above, I'd choose Minotaur's Gift. It heals the wizard and stays consistent with Myth's specialty . Did you notice all healing spells stay consistent with the school's specialty? See below.

Balance: Specialty is being all schools at once..so yeah.

Ice: Specialty is tanking, defending, and surviving. So their 'heal' makes sense. I wouldn't really consider it a heal though, it's a steal heal, and in my opinion would make more sense for death, but it does make sense for ice too.

Death: Death is the selfish school. So of course they take health . Pretty self-explanatory.

Fire: Fire's heal makes the least sense, but I guess like Minotaur's Gift it's a parody to its specialty.

Life: Healing is its specialty.

Storm: Storm is the school of power and unpredictability . Healing current heals for either 100, 400, or 1000. That's unpredictable.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
1304
My max Myth is one of my favorite wizards. She may not have a heal, but she can get things done that none of my other wizards can ever do. It takes time to learn Myth inside and out. Fortunately, I have healing pets (or non-healing pets for certain dungeons). I can heal with Sprite or Fairy/Pixie. Never train Satyr unless you actually use a Life amulet.

Everyone else has already explained heals/healing from other schools, so I'm not going to repeat it.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
22
What about myth gets a healing minion that usually casts Rebirth and Unicorn? Myth masters in minions, so why not make the minion above be worth 3 pips, because Myth needs it.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
2645
SamuelSpirit on Apr 14, 2016 wrote:
1 Fire: powerlink or link
2 ice: steal heals(over time heals)
3 life: mainly all heals
4 balance: helping handing avoiding healing(misspelled i know)
5 Myth: none
6 storm: healing current
7 death: healing from spells( steal health)

all other school have ways to heal but myth. dont have one. i am talking about healing spell. not from killing minion and heal. that's every school has one.
You may not count the sacrifice minion spell as healing, but it is the best healing spell per pip at level 50 and below. Using a golem and the Balance spell, Sap Health, a Myth wizard can heal for 500 health for only 1 pip. The downside is that it requires two turns, and above level 50 the golem is less likely to survive one round (since enemies use AOEs more).

Myth wizards do have healing spells, but what I believe you are really asking for is a school specific healing spell that Myth can use in a full group (since higher level content requires full groups).

BTW, while Fire and Ice have those healing spells you mentioned....they are hardly ever used for actually healing. Ice typically uses Snow Drift to deny their opponents from healing themselves and Link spells for Fire is just another DoT, since the healing portion never provides enough healing to outpace opponent damage.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
365
The Wyrm on Apr 15, 2016 wrote:
I don't really think myth needs a heal as the official description says they summon minions and tend to go in alone Manuel the sap minion spell is the best way to heal
no point of using minion heal because minion not that useful in pvp (Only useful vs immunity school) unless they know how to attack? only useful minion is: henchman from crown shop because more powerful but sadly there not NO PvP Thing!

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
365
Fable Finder on Apr 16, 2016 wrote:
Illuminati costs too many pips for the damage and healing . A spell like that for myth might have to deal maybe 800-1000 damage and heals maybe 500-700 . This is just off the top of my head but still it's too many pips for what it does. Clever name though, especially since Myth has the Illuminati pyramid for a symbol .

The Cyclops Gift should probably heal more and instead of putting a +20% blade , it should boost healing by 20% or maybe more.

Minotaur's Gift is a clever healing spell, because it could get rid of stuff like Infection, but it should probably heal more.

Earthquake of Life is ripping off death. It's not a bad idea for all schools to get some drains, like all schools get minions.

Max Revive should not be a Myth healing spell . It is way too powerful for Myth . However, it would be a great idea for a Life healing spell .

I agree that Myth should get a healing spell , but it probably should only get one. If I were to choose one of the heals above, I'd choose Minotaur's Gift. It heals the wizard and stays consistent with Myth's specialty . Did you notice all healing spells stay consistent with the school's specialty? See below.

Balance: Specialty is being all schools at once..so yeah.

Ice: Specialty is tanking, defending, and surviving. So their 'heal' makes sense. I wouldn't really consider it a heal though, it's a steal heal, and in my opinion would make more sense for death, but it does make sense for ice too.

Death: Death is the selfish school. So of course they take health . Pretty self-explanatory.

Fire: Fire's heal makes the least sense, but I guess like Minotaur's Gift it's a parody to its specialty.

Life: Healing is its specialty.

Storm: Storm is the school of power and unpredictability . Healing current heals for either 100, 400, or 1000. That's unpredictable.
death more different then ice because death more of drain school but ice also more stealthy then tanking (if me then ice would have switch feint spell some cheat boss use because a steal spell? ice school also more about stealing others than tanking because ice teacher ice school are: natural school! life/myth/death both have own good points in a different ways?

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
1124
The Weather Man on Apr 15, 2016 wrote:
Well TusconWizard, I don't know about you but I don't i can afford to keep buying a million life treasure cards (rebirth is so expensive!) I am not made of money in this game.

Here is another MYTH HEALING SPELL:
3 pip-Unscathed-At end of duel restore 100% of maximum hp
At level 47 I was constantly trying to figure out how to spend all of my excess gold. You should be swimming in gold. And why bother with Rebirth when it sounds like you're only healing yourself? You can get the same heal for half the pips (and a fraction of the cost) by using Satyr. If you're constantly needing to heal yourself then perhaps you need to learn to kill faster.
Also, you should have access to the Loremaster so you can farm her for healing TC. She drops all types including Satyr, Dryad and Rebirth.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
437
anecorbie on Apr 15, 2016 wrote:
1. this is a very weak heal, why would you want something like it?
2. unless the enemy uses an HoT, this spell is basically useless.
3. This is what Life is about, dude.
4. also a very weak heal.
5. as with all schools, you can train extra healing spells
6. kinda iffy, you could get healed a tiny or a lot.
7. This is what Death is about.
Have you forgotten that all schools get a healing spell from Lady Oriel ( Pixie ), and we don't have to use training points to get it?
Pets also heal or grant healing spells.
You called availing a weak heal? With decent stats, a critical availing hands can bring back 3k health overtime and this is major in max lvl pvp, this happened to me a couple days ago when I was fighting a balance who had half health and then he used availing and went back to full health. I don't see how this heal is weak.

Lvl 110
Lvl 83
Lvl 27

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
1304
The Weather Man on Apr 15, 2016 wrote:
Well TusconWizard, I don't know about you but I don't i can afford to keep buying a million life treasure cards (rebirth is so expensive!) I am not made of money in this game.

Here is another MYTH HEALING SPELL:
3 pip-Unscathed-At end of duel restore 100% of maximum hp
You don't need anything more than Fairy/Pixie and Sprite. Buy the TC versions. I'm not sure why you felt you needed to buy Rebirth, as (frankly) that's a waste for any school except Life. No need for Satyr, either.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2226
TucsonWizard on Apr 18, 2016 wrote:
At level 47 I was constantly trying to figure out how to spend all of my excess gold. You should be swimming in gold. And why bother with Rebirth when it sounds like you're only healing yourself? You can get the same heal for half the pips (and a fraction of the cost) by using Satyr. If you're constantly needing to heal yourself then perhaps you need to learn to kill faster.
Also, you should have access to the Loremaster so you can farm her for healing TC. She drops all types including Satyr, Dryad and Rebirth.
I have to agree with Tucson here. After a while, we're soo flush with gold spending it becomes a chore. I can see if this is your first or even second wizard, you might not be flush with gold. If you garden, you can get unicorns by the boatload. If you dont garden, then you can train satyr and primordial which will give you "the same" healing as a tc satyr does and it didnt cost you any money. If you dont garden, I would suggest you start because the gold value of the junk you throw away is limitless. I cant tell you how many times I've sold 1k killer tomato snacks (and other extremely lucrative pet snacks)

Explorer
Dec 02, 2014
92
SamuelSpirit on Apr 14, 2016 wrote:
1 Fire: powerlink or link
2 ice: steal heals(over time heals)
3 life: mainly all heals
4 balance: helping handing avoiding healing(misspelled i know)
5 Myth: none
6 storm: healing current
7 death: healing from spells( steal health)

all other school have ways to heal but myth. dont have one. i am talking about healing spell. not from killing minion and heal. that's every school has one.
storm needed it for health wise reason
death well basicly the oppsite of life but to be honest it just like life only its called death and steal heals
fire has all the heal it need right now
life is called life because it itself is healing

ice needs a real heal and so dose myth to be honest it over due so here my idea for both

myth all seing eye
idk what level it you should get this at thou but you have to be higher then 65
6 pip
1000 heal and summon 65 or below minnon
a gaint eyes ball falls from the sky spalts all over the battle field small eye balls start to form from it then they all stair at the player who casted it then beem a light comes from them and they all beem your forheaded and give you the heal but then you must decide what minnon you want to summon then your turn ends

shield of honor
3pips
500 heals per shields you give up and all enemys on the other team is stuned
a ice dragon comes out of the snow and destroy your shields but for each shield it destroy you get 500 in healing then it smacks the enemys stuning them

Geographer
Mar 16, 2012
857
Adam Wintersinger on Apr 18, 2016 wrote:
You called availing a weak heal? With decent stats, a critical availing hands can bring back 3k health overtime and this is major in max lvl pvp, this happened to me a couple days ago when I was fighting a balance who had half health and then he used availing and went back to full health. I don't see how this heal is weak.

Lvl 110
Lvl 83
Lvl 27
I notice you used the qualifying terms: "decent stats" & " a critical", not everyone has the stats for that or depending on a critical is random. Generally speaking, this heal is not as powerful as a heal from the Life school.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4162
anecorbie on Apr 19, 2016 wrote:
I notice you used the qualifying terms: "decent stats" & " a critical", not everyone has the stats for that or depending on a critical is random. Generally speaking, this heal is not as powerful as a heal from the Life school.
In general terms, players try to have higher stats like critical in their own school. This means a Balance player is more likely to critical a Balance spell. Both Balance and Life have the advantage of critical heals being a very common occurrence. My Life and Balance wizards critical heal almost every time, just like their attacks hit critical most of the time. With basic in/out healing stats Balance heals are on par with Life. With no stats let's compare.

Availing Hands 4 pip, 850 = 212.5 /pip

Satyr 4 pip, 860 = 215 /pip

Obviously Life has more options for healing, but generally speaking Availing Hands is about the same as Satyr for the same cost. Balance is also likely to have a higher critical chance than Life in most cases.

Explorer
Sep 19, 2012
50
um might wanna check out my Wysterian spells to add.. i included an appropriate for the school myth/chaos heal of sorts.. its here in the dorms..
stormy jen silver

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
743
A myth heal could be nice, but it might be more in the original spirit of the school to have a healing / support minion. I'd like to see myth back to its original strength as the "solo school" with specialized minions (more like henchmen quality) strong enough to last in the higher worlds.