Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mounts costing less gold

1
AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
27
Me and my friend are mad because we don't have crowns and not enough gold to buy a mount! I want KI to see this because the gold for mounts should be less, i really think this is unfair for people who hardly have any gold and have to save up for a long time and they will feel left out a little, i think the mount gold should be DECREASED.




~Luke LifeGem~ Master of Balance

Thank you for your time! :D

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
49
the value of crowns is more then gold... so to make it even the cost of something in crowns will cost more in gold. Mounts are the new hit right now... but think.... will it help you in battle in any way? nope!!! to help you out... not knowing your level... but farm a boss for items to sell.... before you know it you will have enough to get one in the gold price! good luck.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2009
4
rob78 wrote:
Me and my friend are mad because we don't have crowns and not enough gold to buy a mount! I want KI to see this because the gold for mounts should be less, i really think this is unfair for people who hardly have any gold and have to save up for a long time and they will feel left out a little, i think the mount gold should be DECREASED.




~Luke LifeGem~ Master of Balance

Thank you for your time! :D

yea, same problem here

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
678
I am not certain how much gold you have saved up, but may I suggest that you sell things that aren't from your school or you no longer use. You will be surprise how fast your gold will increase.

Explorer
Aug 18, 2009
90
i agree,
the idea that a mount costs more than a house is a little silly to me, but
they are not necessary to have, just nice. so i will be saving up for mine

Survivor
Aug 08, 2009
15
i agree, my friends are also mad because we do not have the gold or crowns to buy a mount.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
15
Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
sporefool wrote:
well how much do they cost



Try 90 thousand for a dragon! This is what i call subscriber rip-off. We get to go to every place without buying crowns, which is one thing, when we gave everything for suscribing, we got NOTHING. My parents have said no more crowns because we have already spent 60 bucks on a subscription. The need for crowns is really no more needed since i'm 50. So then your saying now i have to save 90 thousand for a dragon????? Can i get a RIP-OFF????

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x


What? Me? Mad? No, i'm just freaking out and groaning about it! I'M NOT MAD!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
15
GTPDaddy00 wrote:
to help you out... not knowing your level... but farm a boss for items to sell.... before you know it you will have enough to get one in the gold price! good luck.


That's good advice if you are a lvl 5 and have the whole game ahead of you and don't want any clothes to power you up. Items sell for about 3 - 500 coins.... you know how many items you have to sell to get 90,000 coins saved? That will take a lot of playing time!
The coin price of the mounts is just unreasonable as is the $30 crown price especially if you have more than one player and already pay for subscriptions on multiple accounts.

Autumn Mistbreeze Grandmaster Life
Ashley Deathblossom Master Death

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
1
sporefool wrote:
well how much do they cost


i dont know, maybe a little less than in crowns maybe? i dont know, and why would KI have you transform into another creature but you have to wait like an hour if you don't like what you've transformed into, and one more thing, why wouldn't KI put something so that you can switch from the transformation creature and your wizard? To me, it just doesn't make any sense. I did the trasnformation, and i was mad that i wouldn't get a chance to change back into my regular wizard.

Survivor
May 13, 2009
9
I have a house it is worth 50000 gold. I want a broom that should only be 20000-30000 gold. No, it is worth my house. I think they should lower the price.





Samuel Frostsword lvl 46

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
176
IMO; All but 2 things of the new things added to the game from this last update
do you any good all the rest are redunent meaning you do not need them to play the game. the Henchmen are a good help to the solo player, and the
second chance is a good thing. BUT the prices are way to high on ALL.

KI should use the data they have collected and use it to base a new
Crown and Gold rate, meaning LOWER the prices on everything,
-- Make elixers and transformations into the likes of the already existing
Potion bottles we all have. you can buy up to the same amount of potions you have, and they will appear as tiny icons down in the corner of the screen. which you can later use and your able to toggle on and off via the transfiguration icon. tranfigurations will only count down where you are wearing the costume! Mounts should be changed to this as well,
and not continue to count down when you are not playing the game or logged in. I think most will be happy for the most part if these things are changed.









Survivor
May 15, 2009
18
Thief165 wrote:
rob78 wrote:
Me and my friend are mad because we don't have crowns and not enough gold to buy a mount! I want KI to see this because the gold for mounts should be less, i really think this is unfair for people who hardly have any gold and have to save up for a long time and they will feel left out a little, i think the mount gold should be DECREASED.




~Luke LifeGem~ Master of Balance

Thank you for your time! :D

yea, same problem here
Yes, I would like a permanent mount too, because I am a subscriber and i can't get any crowns because i am already subscribing. I have tried out renting a one-day mount and I like it, but I do not have enough gold. ~Cassandra IceMancer~ Krokotopia Explorer I am usually in MB and i am about to do BIG BEN :D

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
20
The mounts are a rip off with gold ! the mount is more than my house costs! i have to sell all of my stuff which gave me 32,434 gold and still not enuff! i could buy three more houses! ya shur i'm a member, but really, they need to give use at least enuf crowns to buy three mounts like they did in the test relm! and ya i'm pretty ticked off right now!


Amanda OwlRider level 34 life/balance wizard
most ticked off wizard in the spirale


P.S. if KI dosnt want to lose players, they need to fix this!!!!!

Defender
May 31, 2009
172
well, apparently some stuff from bosses like the jade oni, drop stuff you cant sell at the bazaar for a really high price. i think you should be able to sell everything, everywhere. and i'm broke. i wanted a dragon so i sold my house and then i got carried away with my ten thousand gold and had one hundred left which kinda stinks :P

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
86
I agree they are a little steep, but considering that gold is FREE and not real money, you cant really complain that they cost too much. If they were really cheap, then everyone would have them and they would no longer be special. Just save your money. I started saving on oct 1st, and got my mount before Nov 1st and I do NOT play that often.

The lower the level you are the harder it will be to save.. which i believe should be the case.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
1
I totally agree with them with mounts costing too much gold. Imean they are way too expensive to buy with game gold and some of the players cant afford to buy crowns. It would take forever to save up that much; you might as well not make them available for gold anyways since people dont have that much gold. I hope you guys take this into great consideration for the improvement of the game
Sincerely,
Patrick Trollbreath

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
124
i want them two cost less crowns two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Sep 21, 2009
1
I also agree they cost to much. $10 (5000 crowns) or 50,000 gold for the cheap broom or brown horse is alot. I did get the brown horse but really wanted the black but 90,000 gold wow. I got the big house in dragonspyre and the small one in wizard city and still did not pay that much. And I see many people say just save your gold well thats easy to say but have you every got a really nice drop for a class your not in so you think well i'll go sell it at the bazzar and come to find out you can't? That's not right too! Yes you can go sell it at the shop but you can't get no where near the bazzar price. I think you should be able to sell anything you get no matter what it is. And if you buy it for crowns you shoul get crowns for it also. KI is doing a great job just needs think about being more fair on the prices for thing and what you can't sell.

Tiffany MoonDust Grandmaster Diviner

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
254
LOL! Wow. Another thread discussing the same topic that there's already a dozen threads going on about....

Anyways...Since the mounts have been released, I've bought the dragon PLUS the DS Fortress PLUS the most expensive housing recipes PLUS fully decorated said house with the rarest items I could find for it (which is costly) PLUS bought gear for my secondary character PLUS as of today still sitting with a blance of 113,000 coins unspent.

I paid for all of those things by simply collecting regeants for 2 hours in the morning and reselling them at the bazaar in the afternoon/evening when they were at their lowest availability because of other players who don't regeant hunt...And ONLY during the week. Weekends are play time.

And I'm STILL sitting on 110+ pages of unsold regeants (cause this morning there was a huge regeant run in the bazaar, so I unloaded about 50 pages), waiting for tonight when players log on and the bazaar regeants empty out and spend perhaps an hour more to unload the last of my unsold regeants. And the value of those unsold regeants are approximately another 15,000-20,000? I've already made nearly 20,000 coins this morning selling the few pages of regeants I did, and earned that in less then 20 minutes?

That's no farming bosses for items. It's not spending all day on-line, but using the few hours in the morning and evenint I'd normally play farming regeants instead in 4 locations (28 minutes per location doing full realm jumps=1 hour52 minutes) plus a few minutes in the bazaar? In fact, spending the money along with making it because I'll find something either for the house that's a rare drop and someone sold or find a piece of armor that my other character could use later or sale for herself to get her own home scrolling to the regeant page. And that's since the day the mounts were issued, and I managed to purchase high coin items as well as save a load of coins all in just a couple of weeks?

Now, I could either buy me that lion mount I'm wanting for 90,000 or find another way to spend it. A 2nd mount plus a fully furnished home with rare items and crafted items all in less then a month of the mount releases. My personal goal is to own 1 each of the mounts made available over time. As they've got 30 different mounts in the works, that will deffinately keep a personal in-game goal going as they slowly release the different mounts.

Obviously it isn't that hard to raise the money for the mounts you're wanting or anything else in the game. It just simply depends on your actually finding a solution and making the time to actually earn those coins.

That doesn't even include that the mounts have been sold at sale prices on in the new Crown shop for those keeping an eye on the 'Sale Special' page...So those with few crowns or coins? Can actually find different mounts listed at a reduced price in crowns or coins. Most of the time, it's a crown item, but there has been a few of the mounts sold by other players, that were bought with coins, and have been temporarily placed on the sale page for a reduced coin price. But they go fast. Faster then boss armor in the bazaar.

But sitting on a board creating thread after thread complaining about the prices instead of actually out earning the coins to make those purchases? It's only going to take you that much longer to find your own personal solution to earning towards the items you're actually wanting to own in the first place.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
341
I agree entirely. They cost 50,000-90,000 gold and that's ridiculous! That's more than a house! And crowns are taking over. Everything costs crowns now. Including the Seamstress, which I thought was a good idea and wanted to use. I understand the houses being 8,000-30,000 gold but it's weird that something you ride on costs so much. It costs 2,000 dollars to get a mount, for ONE DAY! I'm glad there are some people who agree with me because maybe they will lower the price.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
341
AlicornsPrayer wrote:
LOL! Wow. Another thread discussing the same topic that there's already a dozen threads going on about....

Anyways...Since the mounts have been released, I've bought the dragon PLUS the DS Fortress PLUS the most expensive housing recipes PLUS fully decorated said house with the rarest items I could find for it (which is costly) PLUS bought gear for my secondary character PLUS as of today still sitting with a blance of 113,000 coins unspent.

I paid for all of those things by simply collecting regeants for 2 hours in the morning and reselling them at the bazaar in the afternoon/evening when they were at their lowest availability because of other players who don't regeant hunt...And ONLY during the week. Weekends are play time.

And I'm STILL sitting on 110+ pages of unsold regeants (cause this morning there was a huge regeant run in the bazaar, so I unloaded about 50 pages), waiting for tonight when players log on and the bazaar regeants empty out and spend perhaps an hour more to unload the last of my unsold regeants. And the value of those unsold regeants are approximately another 15,000-20,000? I've already made nearly 20,000 coins this morning selling the few pages of regeants I did, and earned that in less then 20 minutes?

That's no farming bosses for items. It's not spending all day on-line, but using the few hours in the morning and evenint I'd normally play farming regeants instead in 4 locations (28 minutes per location doing full realm jumps=1 hour52 minutes) plus a few minutes in the bazaar? In fact, spending the money along with making it because I'll find something either for the house that's a rare drop and someone sold or find a piece of armor that my other character could use later or sale for herself to get her own home scrolling to the regeant page. And that's since the day the mounts were issued, and I managed to purchase high coin items as well as save a load of coins all in just a couple of weeks?

Now, I could either buy me that lion mount I'm wanting for 90,000 or find another way to spend it. A 2nd mount plus a fully furnished home with rare items and crafted items all in less then a month of the mount releases. My personal goal is to own 1 each of the mounts made available over time. As they've got 30 different mounts in the works, that will deffinately keep a personal in-game goal going as they slowly release the different mounts.

Obviously it isn't that hard to raise the money for the mounts you're wanting or anything else in the game. It just simply depends on your actually finding a solution and making the time to actually earn those coins.

That doesn't even include that the mounts have been sold at sale prices on in the new Crown shop for those keeping an eye on the 'Sale Special' page...So those with few crowns or coins? Can actually find different mounts listed at a reduced price in crowns or coins. Most of the time, it's a crown item, but there has been a few of the mounts sold by other players, that were bought with coins, and have been temporarily placed on the sale page for a reduced coin price. But they go fast. Faster then boss armor in the bazaar.

But sitting on a board creating thread after thread complaining about the prices instead of actually out earning the coins to make those purchases? It's only going to take you that much longer to find your own personal solution to earning towards the items you're actually wanting to own in the first place.





Wow. That's cool, I'll have to try that.

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
254
catboy2197 wrote:
Well good for you, but not EVERYONE can do that. Especially people who can't go to every world in the spiral. I don't know what level YOU are, but do you think a level 15 or 16 could go everywhere and find a bunch of rare reagants? I don't. I'm level 23 and can only go to Wizard City, Krokotopia, and Grizzleheim. People who aren't Grandmasters want mounts too, you know. And the reason there are so many of these posts is because people want to actually HAVE a mount. Because it's unfair to people who don't have crowns, or can't get enough gold. So I'm glad you can get a mount, but I'm sure not everyone can get one.


Actually, my favorite regeant hunting areas are those 3 worlds. Most of the regeants I sale and make the most coin from is the stone, bloodmoss, frost flowers, ore, mistwood, and cattails found in those 3 worlds alone...Mainly mistwood and cattails as most of the recipes call for one or the other in fact. Any other regeants collected in the areas those grow, are a bonus.

As well as those regeants drop the rare regeants nicely too if done with the suggestions I gave. That doesn't even include the parchment paper and ancient scrolls that are found exclusively in Krokatopia which has a great resell value if you hit the market at the right time.

Before I was able to access Mooshu or DS on my own, I also could mark a location in the commons of either area by request of friends of higher play status. Heck, it's how I got my crafting quests done before even reaching those areas through regular play. So accessing those regeants aren't impossible for lower level characters at all. In fact you see lots of lower level characters farming quite a bit in both MS, MB, and DS. Not to mention there's dozens of posts by higher level characters complaining about those lower level characters in the very places you claim they can't access. Complaining about everything from low level players jumping into their fights uninvited, to farming illegally in those areas, to wearing the special badges from those areas...

So please, don't give me the excuse of 'it's impossible', because it really isn't. Every regeant farmable except Scrap or Black Lotus can be found in the very areas you claim you can't get the regeants from. As well as they drop rares no differently then in the other worlds you claim are 'beyond a lower level character's access that have those same regeants.

There is absolutely nothing stopping anyone from having any of the mounts. Accessability deffinately isn't an issue in regards to getting hold of those regeants, even if your access is only WC. The only thing stopping them is their insistance that they shouldn't have to put that 'serious' effort into actually earning and getting those mounts. Cause it's much easier to cry about 'how expensive they are', make up excuses why someone else was able to get one, instead of actually getting off the message board, into the game, and go do some regeant farming instead of questing.



Explorer
Mar 02, 2009
62
I agree with AlicornsPrayer post, but mostly the last paragraph, sitting here the whole day creating threads begging KI to lower prices is not going to work. Try getting out there and farming and selling to earn gold. So i say, stop complaining, start saving!

Survivor
Jan 20, 2009
21
dude i totally agree with you.When i was on the test realm i told them "you should lower the prices down on the mounts so ya totally unfair :x

1