Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mount Upgrades

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Mounts have been a great thing brought into the game. They could be better by upgrading them. We have new mounts that have stats, and a few that have different speed boosts on them. My idea would allow us to take ANY standard mount and upgrade it by crafting. Here’s how I think it could be done:

Recipe:
Standard mount
Boots of the comet
sonic springs
springs
bronze gear
mote of transport
scrap iron
titanium

I deliberately left off quantities as that is always the most hotly debated part of a recipe. The reason I chose these reagents, is because it’s like modding a car. On KI’s side of things, the Mote of Transport and Titanium would make it more difficult, and something to work for. Once crafted, the mount would have a new speed boost of 45%. This would keep the new pack mount the fastest out there (as it should be if you spend real money on it), and also takes some of the boost off of the boots (which normally add 8% speed) during the crafting. There would be a single recipe sold, which would work for ALL mounts that give a 40% stand speed boost. When you go to craft it, if you have more than one mount in your backpack, a selection screen would come up where you could choose which mount got the upgrade. Either that or you could only upgrade the mount you're actually using at the time. Either way would be fine, but it should be clear which one gets the upgrade. As for the Sonic Spring reagent, this should now either drop outside of the 5 boxes event, be a transmute recipe, or both.