Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Moon Shift Spells

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
89
The Moon Shift spells should not be out of school spells, unless for example, I train a fire moon Shift spell and I am a life wizard.
The moon shift spells we can train from Arkyn Moonblade, require 3 pips, but since they are out of school spells, It takes 6 pips. I can use a 6 pip spell from my own school that does more damage than these.
This is the only astral school that requires double pips to use.
Since the Astral schools are not a base school why should it cost double pips to use, like an out of school spell?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2230
That's why I never trained them at all. The pip cost is too prohibitive. if I'm fire, going against a fire monster, i'd want to shift to Dread Paladin. Instead, I could buy the Colossus TC, do more damage, and not waste the blade I'd get from it. Shift spells would come in handy more if we could attack them to a custom wand as a may cast

Illuminator
Mar 31, 2009
1270
I've not understood the reason for having spells in the game that don't get used. There are some really good spells here, but yes they are all Moon. I've heard the idea that they should make them so that Moon Spells are sort of a "All-Pip" in that Power pips can be used for Moon Schools regardless of what you're actual school is. I think that would be good, however you will probably run into the argument of "that will ruin PVP" so I don't know. It's just sad that there are a number of spells that aren't used (Polymorphs and Mutates etc.)

Survivor
Jul 12, 2016
40
Catherine Wilddrea... on Jun 25, 2018 wrote:
The Moon Shift spells should not be out of school spells, unless for example, I train a fire moon Shift spell and I am a life wizard.
The moon shift spells we can train from Arkyn Moonblade, require 3 pips, but since they are out of school spells, It takes 6 pips. I can use a 6 pip spell from my own school that does more damage than these.
This is the only astral school that requires double pips to use.
Since the Astral schools are not a base school why should it cost double pips to use, like an out of school spell?
if it seems like the shift spells should be more effective, I have a nice tip for you: they can be enchanted with damage boost spells such as strong and giant; and if the enchantment card is a treasure card, and you don't use the card you used the treasure card to enchant, it turns it into a treasure card itself that goes back into your deck at the end of the duel for you to use in a future battle; best of all, this process can be repeated over and over and over

Geographer
Aug 23, 2016
968
exp613 on Jun 26, 2018 wrote:
I've not understood the reason for having spells in the game that don't get used. There are some really good spells here, but yes they are all Moon. I've heard the idea that they should make them so that Moon Spells are sort of a "All-Pip" in that Power pips can be used for Moon Schools regardless of what you're actual school is. I think that would be good, however you will probably run into the argument of "that will ruin PVP" so I don't know. It's just sad that there are a number of spells that aren't used (Polymorphs and Mutates etc.)
"That will ruin PvP"

Seems to be the mantra chanted every time KI makes a change to a spell somewhere


Steven Ghoststalker
102

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
671
Area51Alien on Jul 5, 2018 wrote:
"That will ruin PvP"

Seems to be the mantra chanted every time KI makes a change to a spell somewhere


Steven Ghoststalker
102
*adds 1+ damage to frost beetle*

Ice wiz: eh
Other players: eh
Developers: eh
Pvp'ers: OH MY GOD THE GAME IS BUSTED!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2230
Area51Alien on Jul 5, 2018 wrote:
"That will ruin PvP"

Seems to be the mantra chanted every time KI makes a change to a spell somewhere


Steven Ghoststalker
102
If every idea will break PvP, then PvP is beyond repair, needs to be scrapped, and redone from the ground up. An easy fix would be to make those spells PvE only, just like the L75 minion spells. Problem solved. Not every spell is useful in all areas of the game. Each spell has its uses. Detonate is a great spell, but it is VERY specifically used. It's BEST used if you have somebody who casts a DoT the same round, and before the user casting Detonate. This way, you'd get the full damage the exact same round before anything else can happen.

Delver
Nov 27, 2013
256
pro tip: use an empower to get three white pips. then the moon spell will not cost three power pips