Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Moon School: Miscellaneous Ideas

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 16, 2009
I have a couple ideas to help this school out, but none of them are too big, so I decided to put them all into one post.

Unpolymorph
I think everyone will agree with this one. It would be very nice if you had the option cancel your polymorph, especially since, unlike auras, you can't cast another polymorph to cancel a polymorph.

Polymorph Enchanting
Another possible improvement, is that we could enchant our polymorphs with things like Sharpened Blade, Epic, Aegis etc. Damage Enchants would increase the polymorph's attack spell base damage; Trap/Blade/Ward enhancements would increase the base values for Traps, Blades, Wards, etc; You get the idea. Enchanting a polymorph would apply that enchant's effects to all valid spells in the polymorph's deck.

"Carryover" Slot
This is an idea that could help you out when transforming. When selecting a polymorph, you'd be prompted to select one or two spells to carry over to the polymorph's deck for the duration of the polymorph. The carried-over spells act the same way treasure cards do, and may only be used once. If Carry-over spells are coupled with the Polymorph Enchanting idea, it could make for some interesting combinations.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Unpolymorph: I'm perfectly fine with this being an actual spell within polymorph transformations.
Enchanting: An interesting idea but overall I disagree with it as I feel that that would ruin some of the uniqueness so-to-speak that polymorph decks have.
Carry-over: As long as it's just one or two spells then I'm fine with it. My only worry is like before it might diminish some of the uniqueness of the polymorph decks themselves but other than that I'm fine with it.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
flash33 on Apr 26, 2017 wrote:
Unpolymorph: I'm perfectly fine with this being an actual spell within polymorph transformations.
Enchanting: An interesting idea but overall I disagree with it as I feel that that would ruin some of the uniqueness so-to-speak that polymorph decks have.
Carry-over: As long as it's just one or two spells then I'm fine with it. My only worry is like before it might diminish some of the uniqueness of the polymorph decks themselves but other than that I'm fine with it.
You seem to reference the "uniqueness" of these polymorph spells. While I agree that you should feel like you're truly changing into something different from your standard wizard, the fact of the matter is that polymorph spells are not very widely used, and I agree that some buffs may encourage more wizards to try these spells out.

In reference to the enchanting idea, I think this could be cool, but also very unnecessary. Since many polymorph spells are unique to that polymorph only, why not just add additional effects to the spells themselves or just buff them?

Carry-over sounds okay, but I agree that you would lose the polymorph feel if your deck doesn't even completely change.