Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Menu Chat to Open Chat Transaction

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2011
I know that Kingsisle has our birthday information, so why not use it to have menu chat players change into open chat players on their thirteenth or eighteenth birthday? Asking for a credit card is unfair, as many people don't shop online for fear of their account being stolen.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2012
If you put your age as 12 or under, your account will never be eligible for Open Chat or Text Chat. It's because of protective services so they don't store ages that are under 13.

Survivor
May 23, 2013
Dragon of Shadow on Jul 24, 2017 wrote:
I know that Kingsisle has our birthday information, so why not use it to have menu chat players change into open chat players on their thirteenth or eighteenth birthday? Asking for a credit card is unfair, as many people don't shop online for fear of their account being stolen.
I know your feeling about this.

If you're talking about "the 18+ years old player should have an open chat without any requirements", I think you're wrong. As a matter of fact, some players inputting fake information about DOB to get a filtered chat.

I know KI's open chat is really restricted, but they have to prevent some players who wants to use some bad words in their game chats. And that's why, to get the open chat, KI add more requirements to prevent misused chat on some players: credit card

Hope to see you in Spiral
Jonathan Golden (Level 120)

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Dragon of Shadow on Jul 24, 2017 wrote:
The problem is, if you put your age as 12 or younger, then it is illegal for KI to store that age on your account. You can basically never get Open Chat if you started out with Menu Chat because you put your age as 12 or younger.