Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Membership Costs

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 15, 2011
A lot of programs are doing it, and it helps Wizards101 make even more money before people get bored with the game (not that it happens all that quickly). But once the characters are maxed out, continuing to pay for a membership seems a bit... stupid. On the other hand, new worlds are appearing yearly but no one wants to pay $7/month, which totals $84/year for nothing new for a 10 month boredom when it could go to another game somewhere else. And once people leave, what are the chances they'll come back?

What would happen if there was a "Lifetime Membership" for the cost of $100 (and of course the cost isn't set in stone). Would more people be likely to purchase it, especially when the characters are maxed out? I know what my answer would be! (And two of my characters are!) But why would I continue to pay a membership cost just to help other players?

Administrator
Whether you purchase a Membership or Pay by Area with Crowns, really depends on how you think you will play the game.

If you plan to push through as much of the content as possible in the shortest amount of time, then a month to month Membership is the best value for you.

If you plan to play several characters over a long period of time, then a 6month or 1year Membership is probably the best value for you.

If you only have a few hours a week to spare, or will hold off playing for long periods of time, then purchasing individual areas with Crowns is the best value for your time. It allows you to purchase just the next street you need to progress, and once you've purchased an area, it's accessible to all your characters on that account. Purchasing individual areas with Crowns lets you progress at your own pace without feeling like you have a recurring payment hanging over your head.
The prices for the individual areas can be found here: https://www.wizard101.com/game/areapricing

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Sep 15, 2011
Okay, so Wizards101 is already allowing us to have a "Lifetime Membership" then, with the allowance of choosing the areas in which we travel. How much would it be then to purchase all of the worlds? (I could figure it out, but I'm sure you have the answer already.)

Because if I used this method, I could then purchase each realm as it emerges! Also, this pertains to each account, not each character, true?

Thanks for the info! :D

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Watersong888 wrote:
Okay, so Wizards101 is already allowing us to have a "Lifetime Membership" then, with the allowance of choosing the areas in which we travel. How much would it be then to purchase all of the worlds? (I could figure it out, but I'm sure you have the answer already.)

Because if I used this method, I could then purchase each realm as it emerges! Also, this pertains to each account, not each character, true?

Thanks for the info! :D

Yes~ to add to what Prof. Greyrose said, membership is renting space in the game. If you buy each zone with crowns, it's yours forever, for all wizards on that account.

Here's a list of all current areas, and their prices:
https://www.wizard101.com/game/area-pricing

I'm not sure how it would work for a family of accounts, as I play alone, but I bet that someone who does would be happy to answer that for you.

Cheers!
-veebz