Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Maycast Blade Fix

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 25, 2010
For those who don't know, The "Maycast (School)Blade" is a pet ability that grants the wizard a chance to receive the blade that its talent gives. Neat, right? Wrong.

You see, as of currently, the blade only gets put on after the wizard attacks, making it seem useless. Now, you might say, "Well, it's like that so when you attack, you can get a secondary blade for your next attack."

But the thing is, this blade is unique. It's stackable, meaning that if you have the maycast blade on you, an item card blade (from an item or pet) will also stack with the maycast one (But the maycast one can't stack with another maycast).

So I suggest they change it to maycast a blade when the wizard Blades a teammate or Traps an enemy. (The maycast blade is for the school-only blade, E.X. you receive a Deathblade maycast only if you Deathblade you or a teammate.)

In addition, I recommend that the chance is 15%, so that it's less common on a single blade, but you'll get one i f you blade enough.

Any Ideas/suggestions?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
You have a good idea there.

My Death has a deer knight with may-cast Dragon Blade talent and, to get that blade up, she sometimes uses a wand hit or a Dark Pact on herself so her pet will set up a free blade.

In contrast, I have other pets with "may cast ___ trap" and "may cast fuel" - both are triggered by me placing a trap or feint as well as by a successful attack. So yeah, it would be nice if casting a blade or bubble would be one of the triggers for the school blade or Dragon blade may-cast talent.

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
This will definitely increases the talent's usability.

Don't see the sense in casting the blade after the initial attack when if the blade was there in the first place, the battle would've probably been over already..