Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making drop rates more fair!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 27, 2009
I saw this in another post but unfortunately forgot the person's username. Anyway, their idea was about how even if you do a dungeon 1000 times there is the same percent drop rate each time. What they were thinking was that KI should make it so the drop rate for a dungeon increases a bit each time you beat it (with a maximum chance of course)

-John Starflame

Survivor
Oct 08, 2014
That would kind of kill the point... Like if someone did Hades' and knew by one point there would be 100% for the robe, it kills the point of it being "rare". I understand the frustration, but that would kill the point.
Another idea I have is "farming elixirs" like fishing elixirs, that give a higher percent rate of getting the drop while farming! And drop rates are random, I don't think there is a percent of them dropping, it's just like packs, common uncommon rare and ultra rare.

Good luck farming

Kayla Waterbreeze, exalted necromancer

Survivor
Apr 04, 2012
I really like the idea of farming elixers! lol

Aaron GoldenStone

Defender
Dec 07, 2012
Wondoo on Dec 24, 2014 wrote:
I saw this in another post but unfortunately forgot the person's username. Anyway, their idea was about how even if you do a dungeon 1000 times there is the same percent drop rate each time. What they were thinking was that KI should make it so the drop rate for a dungeon increases a bit each time you beat it (with a maximum chance of course)

-John Starflame
I think this is a good idea. Because we wizards work hard and fight hard. And when we fight hard bosses. We usually get nothing. I think it would be more better for the rates to go up a little more so its more useful. And maybe more wizards would fight these bosses, than just sitting there and party all day and arguing.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
I don't like the idea of paying for a better rate. If the rate is too low, they should just make it higher for everyone, not make it cost money.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Survivor
Oct 23, 2013
Bailey Sunslinger on Dec 29, 2014 wrote:
That would kind of kill the point... Like if someone did Hades' and knew by one point there would be 100% for the robe, it kills the point of it being "rare". I understand the frustration, but that would kill the point.
Another idea I have is "farming elixirs" like fishing elixirs, that give a higher percent rate of getting the drop while farming! And drop rates are random, I don't think there is a percent of them dropping, it's just like packs, common uncommon rare and ultra rare.

Good luck farming

well when i bought crowns i had 20000 crowns spent them all on one pack and didnt get nothing but some pet snacks and pets thats all i got so i think they should make it more fair for people to get stuff from dungeons and stuff because some people dont have time to do a dungeon 100000 times every day.

paul walker, exalted life

Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
Bailey Sunslinger on Dec 29, 2014 wrote:

Good luck farming

That's why he said there would be a maximum chance, like after 30 times yours drop rate would be 40% but it wouldn't get higher after that.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
It took me two and a half months of farming darkmoor to get all my gear on one wizard. I've seen people get all their gear in two weeks. Nothing wrong with the drop rate, I think its fair.