Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make a 1000 crowns option for $2

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 10, 2018
I've been in love with Wizard101 for the better course of around 8 years and the one thing that really gets to me is the fact that when I need around 100 more crowns, I have to pay $5 for 2500. And I have to do it with paypal as they don't sell wizard cards in my area.

Today I bought 2500 crowns for the first time on my new account and spent all of them on packs. When I saw I had a full set of clothes that did not match I quickly went to the stitcher... only to realize that I needed 300 Crowns to sow my current gear to my crown one with better stats (Personally I don't think Stitching should require crowns but this is not the point). So... knowing my bank balance was incredibly low (Personal reasons) I went to my bank and checked if I had enough for another 2500 crowns, the lowest bundle and because of my luck, I was $1 under. So now I'm roaming around and every time I focus on my character I get a pit in my throat that annoys me because my clothes don't match.

Other then my own reason right now I think it would help a lot of people because there are a lot of teenagers like me who don't have a job and don't have parents willing to supply them with endless amounts of money. In my eyes what's $2? A Parent will be more willing to give a child $2 for their allowance rather then $5 and that child/teen could spend that on 1000 crowns every week to save up for something bigger like a mount.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2012
DatWitche on Jan 19, 2018 wrote:
I've been in love with Wizard101 for the better course of around 8 years and the one thing that really gets to me is the fact that when I need around 100 more crowns, I have to pay $5 for 2500. And I have to do it with paypal as they don't sell wizard cards in my area.

Today I bought 2500 crowns for the first time on my new account and spent all of them on packs. When I saw I had a full set of clothes that did not match I quickly went to the stitcher... only to realize that I needed 300 Crowns to sow my current gear to my crown one with better stats (Personally I don't think Stitching should require crowns but this is not the point). So... knowing my bank balance was incredibly low (Personal reasons) I went to my bank and checked if I had enough for another 2500 crowns, the lowest bundle and because of my luck, I was $1 under. So now I'm roaming around and every time I focus on my character I get a pit in my throat that annoys me because my clothes don't match.

Other then my own reason right now I think it would help a lot of people because there are a lot of teenagers like me who don't have a job and don't have parents willing to supply them with endless amounts of money. In my eyes what's $2? A Parent will be more willing to give a child $2 for their allowance rather then $5 and that child/teen could spend that on 1000 crowns every week to save up for something bigger like a mount.
A better feature I believe people would use more would be a "buy what you need" system.

e.g.

That mount you want is 6700 crowns. But that means you have to buy a 5000 bundle + 2500 bundle to afford it.
A system which allows a user to enter the amount of crowns they desire would be a lot more handier for this types of situations.

However, for myself. This has never been a problem. But I know it can effect a lot of other people who actively purchase crowns.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2013
I agree that there should be other options. I have had this issue also.
-Victoria

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Being self-employed I can afford the monthly membership fee. However crowns purchases are a rare treat (let's see should I pay the electric bill or buy crowns?)

So yeah, a $1 or $2 crown option would be wonderful.

Steven Ghoststalker

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
More options would cater to a wider audience.

So I could see this idea being easily feasible.

It would also give new comers more options to try other aspects of the game (such as buying a street in Odle Town for example) out of their say 1000 crowns they bought for a dollar or two.

Explorer
Oct 27, 2017
There is a game by Kingsile called Grub Guardian in which I believe there is an option to buy crowns for wizard101 for $2

Survivor
Jul 26, 2011
DatWitche on Jan 19, 2018 wrote:

I had experienced this issue for the longest time as well.

Since using paypal isn't ideal, I would definitely suggest using the grub guardian app on any apple device to buy crowns in smaller amounts.

If you don't happen to have an iPhone, ipod, or ipad then maybe a close friend or family member could download the app and you can login there.

I do wish this feature was extended to the website or android users, but as of now i see this as your only option

:)

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
I completely agree there should be more options. However also remember that to KI crown sales is a part of business. Buy larger amounts get more bang for your buck so you speak. The more crowns you buy the better the deal. Lets say Crowns to Dollar or CtD. The $5 has a 500CtD and the $50 600CtD. A bundle of $1 or $2 would most likely have 400CtD or 450CtD. Not a small difference just something to keep in mind.