Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Levels beyond grandmaster

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
21
I've got an idea for levels beyond grandmaster.
I think that there should be ranks like rank 1 grandmaster or something. The ranks could go up to rank 10 grandmaster.
Each rank is a few levels long and at each rank, you get a higher max pips.
So a rank 1 grandmaster would have a limit of eight pips in battles, rank 2 would get nine and so on.
Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
75
Hmm, I think we should continue with levels! Good idea though!

Blake LionFlame
LVL 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer :D :D :D

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
543
Why should there be levels beyond grandmaster? Raising the level cap opens all sorts of cans of worms, and there's no need to go there. It's better to just add additional content that assumes that players are already at level 50 and will stay there.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
21
Quizzical wrote:
Why should there be levels beyond grandmaster? Raising the level cap opens all sorts of cans of worms, and there's no need to go there. It's better to just add additional content that assumes that players are already at level 50 and will stay there.



If you believe that, Quizzical, then what would be the sense of getting any more experience if you can't even level after being a grandmaster?

Since future worlds will have more powerful bosses, wizards need to level to get a higher HP. I am sure some storm wizards out there want 3,000 HP.

If people don't level, wizards all over the spiral will have to stick with their specific HP when they reach grandmaster.

If the game ends at level 50, then there would be no sense to have better clothing. The most it could be would be 50+ only. So someone who just became a grandmaster could have the same clothes as a grandmater who finished grizzleheim. doesnt that seem unfair.

I think in the future there should be clothes that have higher limits so higher level wizards can have some advantages.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
7
Quizzical wrote:
Why should there be levels beyond grandmaster? Raising the level cap opens all sorts of cans of worms, and there's no need to go there. It's better to just add additional content that assumes that players are already at level 50 and will stay there.



Well with new worlds coming it would only be common sense to have new levels. Such as after Grandmaster when you reach the next highest level for that part of the game you would be come an Elder and so on and so forth....

Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
15
What about after Grandmaster is Professional at level 60 then at level 70 Professor and at level 80+ is Legendary

Survivor
May 02, 2009
20
Quizzical wrote:
Why should there be levels beyond grandmaster? Raising the level cap opens all sorts of cans of worms, and there's no need to go there. It's better to just add additional content that assumes that players are already at level 50 and will stay there.


The problem with limiting the cap level to 50 is there is so much more things that can be done with higher levels including, new spells, armour, wands ect. Many wizards level 50 will be lost, for the bore wait for something that will not come out.
Maybe with the new level will come a new level cap of 70 or something

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
128
Why should there be levels beyond 50? Because it is going to get boring real fast casting the same spells for the rest of my gameing life here.
I'm level 49 and I can't tell you how sick I am of most of my spells already. Even if there are no more levels, I am hoping for new stuff to enhance my character at least.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2009
78
I would have to disagree with Quizzical. They do need to add more levels. With stronger enemies, means more difficult times ahead for us. Now I do realize that more equiptment will be available, but the fact remains we can only go so far even at level 50. They need to come up with a new idea regarding power pips IMO. My grandmaster necromancer currently has 77% chance for a power pip. To maintain the balance in the new world (maybe not needed in the next world, but definitly needed in the one after that) they will need a way to allow both wizards and enemies alike, a new way of gaining power. Maybe something like a universal power pip that acts like two pips even when using defensive spells. Or maybe a power pip that acts like three pips. I am sure that KI will figure this out, if they already have not. But, one thing is for sure, they need to raise the level so young wizards can further enjoy the experience and explore even higher realms of magic.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
72
Well, if they are going to add new worlds, I think they will almost have to raise the level cap. The way the game is now, each new world you gain access to gets a bit harder than the last, which means you need to gain levels so your character is strong enough to handle the new area.

If they leave the level cap at 50, then they would not be able to make future worlds more difficult, just different. I think that would get somewhat boring. I would like to see the worlds continue to get more difficult, and would like to have my character continue to level up to be able to play the new content.

Leveling up also give you something to work towards, and makes the game more fun to play. I have two wizards who are both masters. I am motivated to play partially because I want to reach the rank of grandmaster. If I were already a grandmaster and had nowhere to go from there, I don't think I would be having as much fun. Don't get me wrong, it's fun to complete the content also, but I would have less motivation if I were not gaining experience and had nothing to look forward to in the way of improvements to my wizard's stats.

Cat


Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
3
I think there should be more lvls after grand master because in grizzleheim a lot of people will be lvl 50 so the xp for the quests there is pretty much useless plus I really miss getting to lvl up [I am sure other people are too]


James Goldsmith lvl 50 necromancer!

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
25
I for one am hoping to increase lvl caps becuase i already have a few grandmasters and game is getting somehwat less appealing.I agree with Cat in the fact that one of the main drives is lvling up and increasing our characters potential. I would also like a more effective pip system as they were earlier saying and i Do think to increase difficulty maybe the bad guys can gain power pips too? I love a challenge.



Travis&Tyler Spiritstrider

Grandmaster necromancer&Pyromancer

Defender
Feb 07, 2009
155
treyrules12 wrote:
I for one am hoping to increase lvl caps becuase i already have a few grandmasters and game is getting somehwat less appealing.I agree with Cat in the fact that one of the main drives is lvling up and increasing our characters potential. I would also like a more effective pip system as they were earlier saying and i Do think to increase difficulty maybe the bad guys can gain power pips too? I love a challenge.



Travis&Tyler Spiritstrider

Grandmaster necromancer&Pyromancer


They actually get power pips if you use power play. :D

I think KI is just making sure that all players can reach level 50 easily because it's hard enough in DS.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
410
Quizzical wrote:
Why should there be levels beyond grandmaster? Raising the level cap opens all sorts of cans of worms, and there's no need to go there. It's better to just add additional content that assumes that players are already at level 50 and will stay there.


I have this feeling you are not a grandmaster or you would never say that. After you become a greandmaster the only thing left is to start a new wizard, farm for the best drops just for cool collection points, helping others and pvp. Since you completed the game and can gain no more points all of that gets old quick. After a six month subscrption you have no reason to start another world if all you do is more of the same. I you can not go past grandmaster you might as well move on to another game. Voice overs and games and new clothes or all even new characters are nice but if there is no growth there is nothing.


Daany2 What about after Grandmaster is Professional at level 60 then at level 70 Professor and at level 80+ is Legendary

I like this one but I think maybe before professor should be associate prof and then maybe resident professor. I am not fond of using professor alone as it gives illusion or being a part of the game as opposed to being a player and can be used to fool new comers. However legendary is another great idea.

Even if these badges are withheld until new worlds ore created they are great ideas for the future storyliine.




Squire
Dec 02, 2008
543
I asked above why the level cap should increase, and the closest to an answer that anyone has come up with is "because I want to level up more". There are a lot of good reasons why the level cap should not increase, however. I didn't explain them in my post above, but did lay them out in great detail in this thread.

https://www.wizard101.com/site/posts/list/4558.ftl

Among other things, leaving the level cap alone creates the possibility of balancing PvP, allows challenging PvE content, makes it easier to group with friends, and improves PvE play balance. (More details on these points are in the thread above.)

I'll add another point that didn't make it into that thread. When Grizzleheim is added, should that make the game longer? Should it make the game grindier? I'd take the position that more content is good and more grinding is bad, and I think a large fraction of players would agree with those two statements.

In order to make a game longer without making it grindier, it is necessary to leave the level cap alone. As it stands, it takes some time for a new player to reach level 50. If two years from now, an additional five worlds have been released and the level cap is 100, it would presumably take much, much longer to reach level 100 then than to reach level 50 today. A decent rule of thumb is that in order to reach level n, the time it takes is roughly some constant times n^2. By that rule, it would take four times as long for a player to reach the level cap then as today. That means that a new player who starts is looking at four times as long before he can catch up with his friends and meaningfully group with them. That will deter a lot of potential new players from picking up the game.

Indeed, this effect is strong enough that most games that are built mainly around grinding out levels actively try to avoid it. They increase the level cap, but at the same time, make it so that you level faster through lower level content. It thus takes about as much time to reach the level cap as before. The problem is that this effectively means skipping a lot of the lower level content. That really doesn't work in a game with mandatory quest lines like this one.

The nearest fix would be to say, okay, we'll add Grizzleheim to the game, and at the same time, remove Marleybone. Well, don't quite "remove" Marleybone entirely, but make it optional, so that most players will skip it--and be way too high level for subsequent content if they don't. Existing players who are sick of Marleybone and want something new may be fine with that trade-off, but people who haven't yet played the game have no reason to prefer Grizzleheim to Marleybone, and for them, such a change would not make the game any better.

You can have Grizzleheim and Marleybone both if you leave the level cap alone, however. For example, Guild Wars at launch (in 2005) had a variety of missions such as Sanctum Cay and Thirsty River, and players could do those missions then. People who pick up the game today often still do those missions under something approximating the original circumstances; the main difference to a player who does Prophecies first is that being able to flag henchmen makes it somewhat easier. The missions are still very commonly done in hard mode under conditions pretty close to what they were when hard mode was added to the game (in 2007).

For comparison, in World of Warcraft, no one ever does what used to be level 60 or level 70 content under anything remotely similar to the original circumstances. Rather than stop at level 60 to raid Molten Core for a couple of months, people skip it entirely and hurry up and get to level 80. Even if someone wanted to get anything remotely similar to the original experience, he couldn't, as essentially everyone interested in raiding either is already level 80 or is rushing to level 80 as quickly as possible. Indeed, all of the lower level content in the game is nearly deserted, as people have left to move on to the stuff added in the latest expansion. Someone who wants to group with players of a reasonable level for lower level content basically can't. This is hardly unique to World of Warcraft, but rather, pretty much invariably happens to games that increase the level cap without making it take a lot longer to reach the new cap.

So what's the difference? In a nutshell, World of Warcraft increased the level cap and Guild Wars didn't. In WoW, new content effectively replaced old. In Guild Wars, new content was added alongside the old, and both are commonly played. Most content in Guild Wars assumes that you're at the level cap of 20. A new player who starts Guild Wars today can start in any of the three campaigns, and reach level 20 in that campaign, and then move on to the others--where most of the content will assume he's already level 20. Switch to hard mode and the player can do everything and be of the appropriate level for it. By contrast, in World of Warcraft, a player who does some subset of the content to get to level 80 and then tries to go back and do the things he skipped will be one-shotting level 40 mobs and it's completely stupid. The net result is that for a player who starts today, there's a lot more interesting things available to do in Guild Wars than in World of Warcraft, because a large fraction of what the latter game once had is effectively unavailable now.

If one wishes to object that, while very successful commercially, Guild Wars didn't do as well as World of Warcraft, then replace WoW by some other game that frequently increases the level cap and the same analysis applies, except to a game less successful than Guild Wars. I chose WoW because it's the best known example.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
543
(second post made necessary by the 10000 character limit)

To address the comments on this thread more specifically:

kobekopy86 wrote:
If you believe that, Quizzical, then what would be the sense of getting any more experience if you can't even level after being a grandmaster?


Why should there be a point to getting more experience? If you don't like the content, but only play for the sake of getting experience points, then you don't like the game and are wasting your time leveling up in a game you don't like.

kobekopy86 wrote:
Since future worlds will have more powerful bosses, wizards need to level to get a higher HP. I am sure some storm wizards out there want 3,000 HP.


You vastly overestimate the importance of max health. Its importance here is about the same as in most other MMORPGs: so that you can live long enough to be healed. If you only have 600 HP, that's awfully tough unless you're fighting pretty easy mobs. If you have 1500 HP, you've got enough that more doesn't really help that much. For example, Ngozi the Beguiler has about triple the HP of Krokopatra, and Youkai has about triple the HP of Death Oni, but both are soloable about the time you get access to their areas for the first time. For that matter, the big thing that makes Ngozi so hard is that he has two other mobs with him, not one like most bosses.

WinterWolf68 wrote:
Well with new worlds coming it would only be common sense to have new levels.


No, actually, it isn't. I'm guessing that you say that because that's what most other games you've played do. But most other online games you've played also have server crashes from time to time. Does that mean that every game ought to try to crash a server now and then? That most games do something bad doesn't mean that all games should.

lvljvl3 wrote:
The problem with limiting the cap level to 50 is there is so much more things that can be done with higher levels including, new spells, armour, wands ect.


Dragonspyre didn't increase the level cap. Does that mean that it added no new spells, armors, or wands?

crusher2488 wrote:
Why should there be levels beyond 50? Because it is going to get boring real fast casting the same spells for the rest of my gameing life here.
I'm level 49 and I can't tell you how sick I am of most of my spells already. Even if there are no more levels, I am hoping for new stuff to enhance my character at least.


You may not realize it, but that's an argument against increasing the level cap. Suppose that they increase the level cap to 60 and add a couple new spells for each class. What are you going to do to your spellbook? You're going to replace the spells you use now with the new ones, just like how you replaced the spells you used to use with the ones you use now. There will be a bit of a shift, kind of like switching from Phoenix to Sunbird or Seraph to Centaur, but it won't make much of a difference.

Suppose instead that they leave the level cap alone, so that about the same strength of spells is still appropriate. What happens to the new spells that they add? They'd be different from existing spells, but not unilaterally stronger or weaker, so that players face some real choices on what to use. That would give you the tactical variety you're after.

Jaramak wrote:
I would have to disagree with Quizzical. They do need to add more levels. With stronger enemies, means more difficult times ahead for us. Now I do realize that more equiptment will be available, but the fact remains we can only go so far even at level 50. They need to come up with a new idea regarding power pips IMO. My grandmaster necromancer currently has 77% chance for a power pip. To maintain the balance in the new world (maybe not needed in the next world, but definitly needed in the one after that) they will need a way to allow both wizards and enemies alike, a new way of gaining power. Maybe something like a universal power pip that acts like two pips even when using defensive spells. Or maybe a power pip that acts like three pips. I am sure that KI will figure this out, if they already have not. But, one thing is for sure, they need to raise the level so young wizards can further enjoy the experience and explore even higher realms of magic.


Wait, are you arguing that future content should be easier or harder than existing content? You seem to be kind of arguing that it will be harder but should be easier. You're definitely arguing that existing content should be made easier (if not explicitly, then as an immediate corollary of your assertions), and I'd disagree with that.

CatSydsMom wrote:
If they leave the level cap at 50, then they would not be able to make future worlds more difficult, just different. I think that would get somewhat boring. I would like to see the worlds continue to get more difficult, and would like to have my character continue to level up to be able to play the new content.


You have it exactly backwards. If you'd like more difficult content to be added in the future, then the level cap absolutely must be left alone. To copy and paste from the other thread:

Leaving the level cap unchanged "allows you to put in some real challenges, especially at the end of a world. If Krokopatra were really hard, so that a lot of players simply got stuck there and couldn't advance, that wouldn't just be frustrating to be unable to beat one particular battle. That would shut them out of Marleybone, Mooshu, and Dragonspyre entirely. That would be a very bad thing, and is the reason why you really can't make challenges that gate off future content all that difficult.

"KingsIsle has tried to evade this by making Sunken City, Tomb of the Beguiler, and Kensington optional side instances. If a player can't beat one of them, he can skip it without being stuck. But that kind of devalues them by making them unnecessary side areas that many or most players won't touch.

"If Grizzleheim and Celestia can be done in either order, then getting stuck on the end boss of one doesn't mean that a player can't even attempt the other. That allows KingsIsle to put in some challenges and let people get stuck for a while without worrying that it will block them off from entire large blocks of content."

If you're going to increase the level cap and keep a forced ordering every time you add a world, then all content is intrinsically a gate to future content, so all content must be made easy enough that everyone and his neighbor's dog can readily beat it, rather than get stuck and be unable to try future worlds. With several worlds at the level cap, getting stuck on one world means you can leave it alone for a while to go try another instead, and that allows KingsIsle to put some real challenges into the game--and not just side things like Kensington that nearly everyone skips because they don't want to spend four hours on it.

Sojourna wrote:
I have this feeling you are not a grandmaster or you would never say that. After you become a greandmaster the only thing left is to start a new wizard, farm for the best drops just for cool collection points, helping others and pvp.


Your complaint is that there isn't much to do after you reach the level cap. You seem to view that as a problem, and if so, then I'd agree. You then assert that that's the way that the game should be kept forever, and that's where I disagree. After all, if the level cap is increased every time new content is added, then nearly all of the content will always and forever assume that the player is well below the level cap. If the level cap is left alone, there could eventually be a plethora of content available for people at the level cap to mess with in whatever order they like.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
410
Really I don't understand your logic.

However, for as long as your post was I beleive that you have one main reason to keep the level the same. So that you can some day be equal to and posibly but king of pvp.

I play pvp occasionally and some times i win and some times i lose but it is a side game. I enojy it but do not consider it a part of the game rather at all no more then the mini games. Its an option that is and should be, a way to test your skill NOT THE GAME and should not affect any decisions in the game - which despite you pvp masters like to believe is the reason most people play this. We like to quest and beat the game not each other. THAT is a concept of WOW and WOW can have it.

I honestly think that making this game balanced so that everyone can be equal is a slap in the face to those of us who work hard excel. Using your logic we should all just be given all our spells at one time an equal amount of damage and an eaqual amount of life and we can just all be the same wizards and no need to level up at all. Just fight be killed and follow the story and if we win we get prizes.

Yes that sounds like kid's T ball. It is a great idea if the only people who played were like my son (who is five) who watches the same cartoons and kids shows everday despite the fact they are repeats and he knows all the words to all the songs.

But take for a minute that this is also game that different people UNLIKE YOU play. If this game is like painting a wall the same color over and over they will simply declare it done and move on. There is a reason everyone in the world knows how to play tick tac toe and few play it after awhile. Because once you master it, its old.

You seem to want to make this into one big tick tac toe game in hopes that people WILL become bored and then you can play pvp with new comers and be kill of the mountain. Good luck with that.

I think they should make it sa that PVP players only play people in their OWN level so they can stop complaining about balance and requesting KI change things for EVERYONE so they can win.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
82
Why cant there be levels like 1st degree Grandmaster, 2nd Degree Grandmaster, etc.? or Grandmaster level 1, Grandmaster level 2, etc.? Why shouldn't the people who work hard after they reach level 50 not be rewarded for it? I think that the game would get boring for them and they would leave. There has to be some way to please everyone.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
543
Sojourna wrote:
Really I don't understand your logic.

However, for as long as your post was I beleive that you have one main reason to keep the level the same. So that you can some day be equal to and posibly but king of pvp.


Instructions for sensible online forum posting:

1. Read the post to which you're replying.
2. Understand the post to which you're replying.
3. Type and post your reply.

Do not skip steps 1 and 2, as you just have.

I've made, by my count, ten arguments against increasing the level cap. Seven are in the other thread to which I linked, one new one in my first long post here, and two new ones are in replies to other posts. Of those ten, one is a pvp argument, one is something abstract that most people probably wouldn't appreciate but I would, and eight are mostly or purely PvE arguments.

Perhaps the most important argument is to allow for challenging PvE content. I've made that one in considerable detail both on this thread and the other one to which I linked, and either you think it's a purely PvP argument or else you skipped it twice and would skip it again if I rehashed it here, so I won't.

The next most important argument is that leaving the level cap untouched makes grouping much easier. Suppose right now that you want to group for Counterweight West. In order to find someone else who also needs that instance, out of the hundreds of quests in the main quest lines, you need to find someone who has done exactly as many of them as you have. Someone who has done one main storyline quest fewer than you won't have access to the quest for it. Someone who has done one such quest more than you has already done it. The only other way to get a group is dragging someone along for an hour and a half instance who doesn't need it, has no interest in doing it again, and is really only coming along to help you out.

Compare that to how grouping works out in Guild Wars. Let's suppose that I want to do Nundu Bay in hard mode. A large fraction of the players who have played the game very long will have access to the mission. A large fraction of the players will not have done that particular mission in hard mode, or if they have done it on one character, will have another character that hasn't done it. Thus, a large fraction of the players in the game could group with me for that particular mission and gain from it just like I would. If, rather than saying, I want to do this particular mission in hard mode, I instead say, I want to do some mission in hard mode, but don't particularly care which one, if I can find someone else interested in doing hard mode missions, there's probably one that we both still need. This makes it easy to find a group, without having to drag someone along with no interest in the mission at hand.

What's the difference? In Wizard101, you have to do the main storyline quests in a fixed order. In Guild Wars, there are a lot of ordering restrictions on content in easy mode, but once you've beaten everything in easy mode, you can do stuff in hard mode in whatever order you like. It's not something peculiar to Guild Wars, either, but rather, is common to games that don't put an implied order on the content. When I played Puzzle Pirates and wanted to go pillaging, people wouldn't say, I don't have access to that area of the ocean yet, or I've already done it. A ship captain needs to have maps to where he wants to go, but apart from that, anyone can freely go pillaging anywhere in the ocean, and without worrying about repeating content.

If you leave the level cap alone, there doesn't have to be an implied order of the content that assumes you're at the level cap. If you constantly raise the level cap so that nearly everything assumes you are below the level cap, then there is a strongly implied order on the content. Even if you got stuck on Krokotopia and the game let you skip to Marleybone, you'd only be immediately stuck on Marleybone, because you're too low level for it. It will take a while to build up a lot of content at the level cap, but it's best to start now.

So if you think that I only care about PvP, then could you please explain what that has to do with PvP? The two most important reasons to leave the level cap alone aren't even relevant to PvP. That a fixed level cap produces better PvP is a good side effect, but not the main reason.

-----

I think you're confusing "don't change the level cap" with "don't add new content". They're two very, very different issues. I'm all in favor of adding new content as it is ready. Add new worlds with new spells, new types of mobs, new equipment, new quests and so forth. Just leave the level cap at 50 when you do. The new content can and probably will be better that way.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
124
The way I look at the reason that people dont want the level cap upped for alot of games is that they figure they got to the top and that is it and continue to farm the same bosses over and over and over again. Farming gets boring fast and if the level cap is left the same than what would be the point to play the game? Level 50 that is all no need to play the game any more, no point in playing new content because you are at the top and dont need to level any more. New content would be boring to just play for gold and housing items without the knowledge of knowing when you hit a new level you get a new spell or whatever. People figure 50 is enough and dont want to go any higher because the road they took was enough and dont want to go any further. I was playing another MMO and their level cap is 50 and they have released new content but that gets boring fast without the knowledge that you want to get to the next level and get your next power or card than there is no point in playing. I have gotten bored with that game and have moved to this game because not much to do at 50 once you hit it. The same will happen to other games that refuse to up their cap every so often that they will lose people to other games. I dont mean to say to up the cap with every new land that comes out but to at least say they have plans to do it but not now.

Survivor
Apr 06, 2009
12
i agree with Daany2 we shuold have legendary players as well as grandmasters then it would be a lot funner




8)Blake Silvertail8)

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
410

Instructions for sensible online forum posting:

1. Read the post to which you're replying.
2. Understand the post to which you're replying.
3. Type and post your reply.



Thank you i am sure I will take this under advisement. There feel better now?

I am not going to reply to any of the rest of you massive post as I am sure it filled with the same amount value as your beginning statement.

Have a great day.

Defender
May 06, 2009
120
Quizzical, very interesting points you made. (yes it takes time to actually OMG read, man who reads anymore... /sigh).

Although I would say that in time not today not tomorrow not the next addons but eventually they will increase the level cap. How much, and when no one knows but it will eventually happen. If I was to guess I would say in a year at BEST because like you pointed out the more levels there are the more of a grind it is to get to the top and that isn't what most folks call fun. As it is now I am really enjoying this game, the quests are really funny (even going through 2nd time). The only thing I really HATE about this game is simply that I have to grind bosses to get a drop, and I don't mean kill then 3 or 5 times, I mean kill them over 30 times to get one item and Oh please don't mention about the bosses that have a gauntlet of mobs to go through before you can even get to him to find out you have to do it again.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
543
moviebuff3000 wrote:
The way I look at the reason that people dont want the level cap upped for alot of games is that they figure they got to the top and that is it and continue to farm the same bosses over and over and over again.


You know the post I made right above yours? That one is for you, too. Please, read the arguments against raising the level cap before you reply. There are a lot of arguments against raising the level cap, and what you cite isn't one of them.

moviebuff3000 wrote:
Level 50 that is all no need to play the game any more, no point in playing new content because you are at the top and dont need to level any more.


If you hit level 50 halfway through Dragonspyre, will you immediately quit right then, and not go on to finish Dragonspyre? I doubt that many people would, and if even you wouldn't, then your claim is completely absurd.

moviebuff3000 wrote:
I was playing another MMO and their level cap is 50 and they have released new content but that gets boring fast without the knowledge that you want to get to the next level and get your next power or card than there is no point in playing.


Who says that leaving the level cap alone means no new cards? Did you not get a card for completing Enrollment? Wizard City? Krokosphinx? Krokotopia? Marleybone? Why couldn't you get a card for completing Grizzleheim in the same manner? Why couldn't you get a card or two for completing intermediate quests along the way to completing Grizzleheim?

moviebuff3000 wrote:
I have gotten bored with that game and have moved to this game because not much to do at 50 once you hit it.


Then why are you arguing that there shouldn't be much to do at the level cap here once you hit it, either?

Survivor
Nov 16, 2008
17
I don't think you need more levels. You can get more powerful without leveling up. I think that KI could release more worlds faster if the level caps remained the same and just got more creative with the spells we already have. Adding higher level spells must delay development on the grounds of what is fair, etc.

To counter that though, the new worlds could give unique rewards for certain quests. I don't know, say like a tower shield spell for everyone (OK, maybe ice would like something different). Perhaps you can pick up on your secondary schools unique spells now. Gain experience in a secondary school for this.

Think about that for a moment. All those grandmasters who wasted training points to get the tower shield would now pay to dump their training points and rearrange them to other classes.

Special equipment with better boosts and defenses.

Shoot. Even a cache of 20,000 gold pieces would be a cool reward. And apply it to some new housing stuff.

I just want the game to be harder. Its just boring being unstoppable after a while.

However, I do want to be able to enhance my character beyond what he is now as a reward for my efforts. Since I have old Mushoo stuff, Dragonspyre did very little to do that for me.