Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 100 Elixir

2
AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 18, 2009
51
I will keep asking for this regularly until it happens.

Can a game Developer please address this topic?

Administrator
We have no plans to create a level 100 elixir at this time, but it's always possible that sometime in the future it will make sense to do so.

Explorer
Sep 18, 2009
51
Sparck on Jun 29, 2020 wrote:
We have no plans to create a level 100 elixir at this time, but it's always possible that sometime in the future it will make sense to do so.
Sparck, I am very well aware of the fact that there are no current plans for the level 100 elixir. That's why I posted this in the dorms, to suggest something that wasn't planned. If there were already plans to add a level 100 elixir, then I wouldn't need to keep posting on this almost every day. The dorms are for players to suggest Items and features that they would like to see added to the game; Then (in a perfect world) one or more game developers would comb through and read these suggestions and then ultimately add whatever they feel would be best for players and the game itself. However, from what I see it doesn't seem to work as ideally as i just described, instead there is an appointed Administrator of the forums (Sparck) who just sort of keeps thing in check, indstead of actually heeding most of the players new suggested items and features. This is why I am requesting that a game developer take a look at my very compelling arguments on why this should be an existing feature in the game, and then give their opinion. Because quite frankly I believe that after reading my arguments, any sensible game developer would agree with me and add this feature.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2417
ash5super on Jun 30, 2020 wrote:
Sparck, I am very well aware of the fact that there are no current plans for the level 100 elixir. That's why I posted this in the dorms, to suggest something that wasn't planned. If there were already plans to add a level 100 elixir, then I wouldn't need to keep posting on this almost every day. The dorms are for players to suggest Items and features that they would like to see added to the game; Then (in a perfect world) one or more game developers would comb through and read these suggestions and then ultimately add whatever they feel would be best for players and the game itself. However, from what I see it doesn't seem to work as ideally as i just described, instead there is an appointed Administrator of the forums (Sparck) who just sort of keeps thing in check, indstead of actually heeding most of the players new suggested items and features. This is why I am requesting that a game developer take a look at my very compelling arguments on why this should be an existing feature in the game, and then give their opinion. Because quite frankly I believe that after reading my arguments, any sensible game developer would agree with me and add this feature.
Devs don't have time to comb through the forums. That is why there are Forum Administrators.

And, Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a perfect world.

The lvl 50 elixir was added to the game between lvl caps 110 and 120. That gave players just a bit under half of the then current game at the time to skip. It still left 60+ levels for players to have to play to reach max level at that time. It would only make sense to wait another 50+ levels to add another possible elixir. Frankly, if the same policy is followed, it should not happen till at least lvl 200.

BUT, @Sparck has already stated there are not plans at this time even though there might be in the future. He does pass on suggestions and that is what he is supposed to do. He is also the Community link between the Devs and Wizard101 Central. He has his hands full.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1112
Sparck on Jun 29, 2020 wrote:
We have no plans to create a level 100 elixir at this time, but it's always possible that sometime in the future it will make sense to do so.
Thank you! :)

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1112
ash5super on Jun 30, 2020 wrote:
Sparck, I am very well aware of the fact that there are no current plans for the level 100 elixir. That's why I posted this in the dorms, to suggest something that wasn't planned. If there were already plans to add a level 100 elixir, then I wouldn't need to keep posting on this almost every day. The dorms are for players to suggest Items and features that they would like to see added to the game; Then (in a perfect world) one or more game developers would comb through and read these suggestions and then ultimately add whatever they feel would be best for players and the game itself. However, from what I see it doesn't seem to work as ideally as i just described, instead there is an appointed Administrator of the forums (Sparck) who just sort of keeps thing in check, indstead of actually heeding most of the players new suggested items and features. This is why I am requesting that a game developer take a look at my very compelling arguments on why this should be an existing feature in the game, and then give their opinion. Because quite frankly I believe that after reading my arguments, any sensible game developer would agree with me and add this feature.
Ok, ok, you're voice been heard more than 3 times . You got your answer about level 100 Elixir. Pushing Kingsilse isn't going to make things go easier and quicker. It's their game, thier house their rules.

Hero
Sep 30, 2018
791
Am more interested in the price tag xd. I feel like 30k to skip to 50 is over priced, even though its voluntary. 15k would be an appropriate price and 30k for the level 100.I can get to 50 in a week. Imagine how many people would actually purchase 60 bucs worth of crowns just to spend 30k to get to 100. If you wanted all schools you already had to have one max plus the rest 30k x 6=180k that's not a bad deal. Just not entirely worth in my opinion but if you got the cash why not.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2013
26
DragonLady1818 on Jun 30, 2020 wrote:
Devs don't have time to comb through the forums. That is why there are Forum Administrators.

And, Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a perfect world.

The lvl 50 elixir was added to the game between lvl caps 110 and 120. That gave players just a bit under half of the then current game at the time to skip. It still left 60+ levels for players to have to play to reach max level at that time. It would only make sense to wait another 50+ levels to add another possible elixir. Frankly, if the same policy is followed, it should not happen till at least lvl 200.

BUT, @Sparck has already stated there are not plans at this time even though there might be in the future. He does pass on suggestions and that is what he is supposed to do. He is also the Community link between the Devs and Wizard101 Central. He has his hands full.
I agree with wanting one of these, since grinding for levels is very annoying lol! Devs do indeed HAVE the time to read the forums. As Sparck replied. Also I honestly don't understand why you guys really don't want this, as those who have done the storyline multiple time, it just makes sense.

130
130
103
80
10 <-- level 100 elixir would be helpful btw

Survivor
Apr 01, 2013
26
angellifeheart on Jul 1, 2020 wrote:
Am more interested in the price tag xd. I feel like 30k to skip to 50 is over priced, even though its voluntary. 15k would be an appropriate price and 30k for the level 100.I can get to 50 in a week. Imagine how many people would actually purchase 60 bucs worth of crowns just to spend 30k to get to 100. If you wanted all schools you already had to have one max plus the rest 30k x 6=180k that's not a bad deal. Just not entirely worth in my opinion but if you got the cash why not.
I agree with this 100%.

130
130
103
80

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
3
I completely agree with OP, the reasons that oppose this simply don't hold any water. And a game Dev should 100% look this over, especially since it's a hot topic.

Explorer
Sep 18, 2009
51
As I said, I will regularly request this until it happens.

Can a game developer please completely read, and address this topic?

Explorer
Sep 18, 2009
51
angellifeheart on Jul 1, 2020 wrote:
Am more interested in the price tag xd. I feel like 30k to skip to 50 is over priced, even though its voluntary. 15k would be an appropriate price and 30k for the level 100.I can get to 50 in a week. Imagine how many people would actually purchase 60 bucs worth of crowns just to spend 30k to get to 100. If you wanted all schools you already had to have one max plus the rest 30k x 6=180k that's not a bad deal. Just not entirely worth in my opinion but if you got the cash why not.
This is exactly one of my points, it would entice more players to make such a purchase, and result in more profit for kingsisle, from a Dev perspective it would be insane not to implement.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2417
2395841 on Jul 6, 2020 wrote:
I agree with wanting one of these, since grinding for levels is very annoying lol! Devs do indeed HAVE the time to read the forums. As Sparck replied. Also I honestly don't understand why you guys really don't want this, as those who have done the storyline multiple time, it just makes sense.

130
130
103
80
10 <-- level 100 elixir would be helpful btw
Can you explain why any players should be able to skip 100 levels when there are currently ONLY 130 levels?

No, you can't and no wizard should be able to make that kind of jump unless there are 190-200 levels in the game.

But for some of us who are raising children or grandchildren, our main goal is to make sure those same kids learn that it is not acceptable to start skipping things in life. If they learn this at a young age, then the older they get, Teens in High School, they think it is ok to skip a class or a test. I know because I already raised a son and granddaughter that have done just that. Neither of them can hold a job for more than a couple of months because if they don't feel like going to work, they SKIP. Kids need to learn a lot of things in life and adding to bad habits isn't one of them.

I already have a grandson playing this game and another not far behind. I don't want them to get the idea this is ok. It isn't.

I didn't support the level 50 elixir and if level 100 ever becomes a real possibility, I won't support it either.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2020
8
From what I've gathered from this topic:

Pros) Reach end game faster/higher level play/pvp, appeals to players who don't want to level again, potentially save money on sub membership, save time

Cons) Undervalues the time and challenge others players put into their respective schools, a level 50 elixir already exists, changes made to early story & game will be overlooked, valuable lessons of perseverance/dedication/patience will be diminished, current level cap is too low to justify a skip, other new features/changes to the game deserve more development than making a new elixir

A level 100 elixir does not make sense to me. And neither does calling someone else's argument invalid because they disagree. I've read through the whole topic and all sides made valid points. Opinions based on experience, while anecdotal, are valid because this isn't a scientific study, but a game that people play to enjoy. Personal experiences matter when making decisions going forward.

And if I may respectfully point out, you claimed other people's experiences were invalid arguments yet used your own experiences and opinions as an argument. Here's a few examples of your own opinions:

1) "I would have to go all the way through Celestia, Zafaria, Avalon, Azteca, and both parts of Krhysalis, which takes a long time, and gets really boring after doing it a couple of times"
2)"People like me who have up to 8 wizards on one account certainly do not want to play through the same game 8 times. the first time obviously is great, the second time is okay, but the third time is just boring"
3)"However because you do not have 8 max level wizards at the moment, and have not experienced what I am trying to argue, your current viewpoint is invalid."
4)"you obviously have a lot of free time. however for me personally when i'm working i would be lucky to get 1 or 2 hours per week of gameplay."

And I quote from you, "In conclusion, your arguments are based on personal opinion and not actual fact." I would like to remind you that your own opinions and assumptions don't constitute as facts either. A fact is a true statement, not a personal preference. Water is a polar molecule is a fact. You finding leveling boring because it takes time is not a fact, but your opinion. To many people, leveling is fun and rewarding despite the time it takes.

What I'm trying to say here is that everyone's experiences and opinions, including yours, are valid, and they shouldn't be dismissed because someone disagrees. You can agree to disagree.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
3
DragonLady1818 on Jul 7, 2020 wrote:
Can you explain why any players should be able to skip 100 levels when there are currently ONLY 130 levels?

No, you can't and no wizard should be able to make that kind of jump unless there are 190-200 levels in the game.

But for some of us who are raising children or grandchildren, our main goal is to make sure those same kids learn that it is not acceptable to start skipping things in life. If they learn this at a young age, then the older they get, Teens in High School, they think it is ok to skip a class or a test. I know because I already raised a son and granddaughter that have done just that. Neither of them can hold a job for more than a couple of months because if they don't feel like going to work, they SKIP. Kids need to learn a lot of things in life and adding to bad habits isn't one of them.

I already have a grandson playing this game and another not far behind. I don't want them to get the idea this is ok. It isn't.

I didn't support the level 50 elixir and if level 100 ever becomes a real possibility, I won't support it either.
No one will force you or your kids to buy it, what aren't you understanding about that. If someone has the money and want't to buy it, why are you so against that? And if you feel that playing a fantasy MMORPG is supposed to teach your kids about life, then you are definitely raising them incorrectly, as no person should take anything away from a game as a life lesson, because it's just a game.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
3
Yang2020 on Jul 7, 2020 wrote:
From what I've gathered from this topic:

Pros) Reach end game faster/higher level play/pvp, appeals to players who don't want to level again, potentially save money on sub membership, save time

Cons) Undervalues the time and challenge others players put into their respective schools, a level 50 elixir already exists, changes made to early story & game will be overlooked, valuable lessons of perseverance/dedication/patience will be diminished, current level cap is too low to justify a skip, other new features/changes to the game deserve more development than making a new elixir

A level 100 elixir does not make sense to me. And neither does calling someone else's argument invalid because they disagree. I've read through the whole topic and all sides made valid points. Opinions based on experience, while anecdotal, are valid because this isn't a scientific study, but a game that people play to enjoy. Personal experiences matter when making decisions going forward.

And if I may respectfully point out, you claimed other people's experiences were invalid arguments yet used your own experiences and opinions as an argument. Here's a few examples of your own opinions:

1) "I would have to go all the way through Celestia, Zafaria, Avalon, Azteca, and both parts of Krhysalis, which takes a long time, and gets really boring after doing it a couple of times"
2)"People like me who have up to 8 wizards on one account certainly do not want to play through the same game 8 times. the first time obviously is great, the second time is okay, but the third time is just boring"
3)"However because you do not have 8 max level wizards at the moment, and have not experienced what I am trying to argue, your current viewpoint is invalid."
4)"you obviously have a lot of free time. however for me personally when i'm working i would be lucky to get 1 or 2 hours per week of gameplay."

And I quote from you, "In conclusion, your arguments are based on personal opinion and not actual fact." I would like to remind you that your own opinions and assumptions don't constitute as facts either. A fact is a true statement, not a personal preference. Water is a polar molecule is a fact. You finding leveling boring because it takes time is not a fact, but your opinion. To many people, leveling is fun and rewarding despite the time it takes.

What I'm trying to say here is that everyone's experiences and opinions, including yours, are valid, and they shouldn't be dismissed because someone disagrees. You can agree to disagree.
Actually, OP used himself as an example, but his arguments are fact.

1. Every player currently MUST play through "Celestia, Zafaria, Avalon, Azteca, and both parts of Krhysalis, which takes a long time" This is an indisputable FACT.

2. It is a fact that not a lot of players have the 8th character slot unlocked (due to how it is achieved), And many people would agree that playing through the same exact story gets really boring after multiple times.

3. It is a fact that most people cannot dedicate their lives to playing video games.

It is not a fact when someone argues that such a feature in the game would cause their kids to learn a bad life lesson.

It is not a fact when someone says that you are skipping through the entire story. As OP mentioned it's like reading a book, you've already read it once before, so your just skipping to the best part.

As for justifying the level. 100 is the next major milestone from 50. In every world untill polaris, there is no strategy, use blades, traps, and feints, then hit hard. However as OP mentioned, in Polaris+ this is changed because most bossed will prevent you from using these spells, and the entire gameplay mechanic feels different. This is why there are some incredibly powerful bosses in Mirage that only have 5,000 health. in celestia - krhysalis, the bosses don't change anything, all they do is get more health.

Also, if you have reached at least lvl 100 on one character, then unless if you were carried through the whole way, you will know how to play any school, if your suddenly given them at level 100, with all gear and spells. so arguing that the schools are too different, is just not correct.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1112
DragonLady1818 on Jul 7, 2020 wrote:
Can you explain why any players should be able to skip 100 levels when there are currently ONLY 130 levels?

No, you can't and no wizard should be able to make that kind of jump unless there are 190-200 levels in the game.

But for some of us who are raising children or grandchildren, our main goal is to make sure those same kids learn that it is not acceptable to start skipping things in life. If they learn this at a young age, then the older they get, Teens in High School, they think it is ok to skip a class or a test. I know because I already raised a son and granddaughter that have done just that. Neither of them can hold a job for more than a couple of months because if they don't feel like going to work, they SKIP. Kids need to learn a lot of things in life and adding to bad habits isn't one of them.

I already have a grandson playing this game and another not far behind. I don't want them to get the idea this is ok. It isn't.

I didn't support the level 50 elixir and if level 100 ever becomes a real possibility, I won't support it either.
Good point!

Survivor
Apr 01, 2013
26
DragonLady1818 on Jul 7, 2020 wrote:
Can you explain why any players should be able to skip 100 levels when there are currently ONLY 130 levels?

No, you can't and no wizard should be able to make that kind of jump unless there are 190-200 levels in the game.

But for some of us who are raising children or grandchildren, our main goal is to make sure those same kids learn that it is not acceptable to start skipping things in life. If they learn this at a young age, then the older they get, Teens in High School, they think it is ok to skip a class or a test. I know because I already raised a son and granddaughter that have done just that. Neither of them can hold a job for more than a couple of months because if they don't feel like going to work, they SKIP. Kids need to learn a lot of things in life and adding to bad habits isn't one of them.

I already have a grandson playing this game and another not far behind. I don't want them to get the idea this is ok. It isn't.

I didn't support the level 50 elixir and if level 100 ever becomes a real possibility, I won't support it either.
It doesn't matter if there are 130 levels at the moment, if you have 2/3+ wizards maxed out already, this is only logical. It shouldn't give you the best gear, you'd still have to farm! I am a teen, who would never skip anything, and I can't see why it would be a bad idea to jump one hundred levels, if you've already devoted so much time to the game already.

I agree 100% with "WizardGuy44521" with their point "No one will force you or your kids to buy it, what aren't you understanding about that. If someone has the money and want't to buy it, why are you so against that?"

130
130
110
I almost have 3 max wizards, taking me tons of hours. I'm working for the best gear on each account as well, therefore I cannot see your point here.

Administrator
Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions! We're going to close this topic, as it's starting to become an argument contest. We have no intention of a Level 100 elixir at this time. If/when we decide to release one, we'll of course let everyone know.

2