Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lets talk about Lifesaver Jade

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 09, 2012
Why is the best socket of all time only available in the northern texas area? Why can't we all have a chance to get this socket. I find this extremely unfair. I think this should be available for everyone. I don't understand why you guys would plan to do this just to tease everyone around the world.

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
Pouffy23 on Sep 26, 2018 wrote:
Why is the best socket of all time only available in the northern texas area? Why can't we all have a chance to get this socket. I find this extremely unfair. I think this should be available for everyone. I don't understand why you guys would plan to do this just to tease everyone around the world.
agreed if it was sold at dollar generals, walmarts, targets etc... not just a krogers it would have been so much better i refuse to drive 40 miles to a krogers or buy it for an extra 20$ online in a wiz black market

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
iouman2013 on Sep 26, 2018 wrote:
agreed if it was sold at dollar generals, walmarts, targets etc... not just a krogers it would have been so much better i refuse to drive 40 miles to a krogers or buy it for an extra 20$ online in a wiz black market
It's not just that, it's only available in Kroger stores in NORTH TEXAS. That is super specific and very unfair

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
Pouffy23 on Sep 27, 2018 wrote:
It's not just that, it's only available in Kroger stores in NORTH TEXAS. That is super specific and very unfair
Wow thats beyond unbelieveable...

Ps. i do believe you its just insane how they only release it there

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
Why hasn´t the mods or anyone else responded... Come on guys I want answers

Administrator
iouman2013 on Sep 28, 2018 wrote:
Wow thats beyond unbelieveable...

Ps. i do believe you its just insane how they only release it there
The process for availability is often up to the store chains and isn't under our control :(.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Sparck on Oct 17, 2018 wrote:
The process for availability is often up to the store chains and isn't under our control :(.
It IS, however, under your control if you choose not to offer these same cards online in a web store. Many in the W101 community really dont understand why we dont have this option. Sure, there may be country/region restrictions, but if you offered all the cards available in the US, on a US webstore, you wouldnt run into any issues I wouldnt think. It would 100% eliminate the "the stores choose what to sell" and "why do I have to call a store over 100 miles from me to find this card?" type of thing. I would ask that KI reconsiders offering a webstore for cards, and that once the card is available, it should be available EVERYWHERE at the same time; both physically & virtually. As a matter of fact, by NOT producing the cards, you would actually make MORE money as there would be ZERO manufacturing costs. Scour the forums and you'll see people mentioning buying cards online would be an option for them. Having the physical card being needed for MANY of the cards limits the options, and thus your profits. it also increases the likelihood of groups being needed for somebody to buy a card, and then sell the card online to somebody else not i that area.

PLEASE consider having an online storefront to buy these cards.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Sparck on Oct 17, 2018 wrote:
The issue isn't the availability of prepaid card by the retailers, it is KI's decision to put very powerful items that provide a clear advantage in PvP on prepaid cards without having equal items available for purchase online or dropped in game (there is also a separate issue of these jewels going down the pay to win road).

Even if this particular prepaid card was made available nation-wide by the retailer, there hasn't been prepaid card sold retail outside of the United States....ever, for those players that play on the US server, but live outside of the US.

This particular prepaid card the original poster is mentioning is a completely new problem for three reasons:

1. Bundles are eventually sold online after running retail for several months. These particular prepaid cards are never sold online.....ever.

2. These types of prepaid cards previously only contained pets as unique items. Items that could still be obtained by players through hatching. So if you were unfortunate to live somewhere where these cards were not sold, you could still get the item but at a higher degree of difficulty.

3. Real Money Transfer "shops" have set up online where unauthorized retailers buy these cards in the midwest and then sells them online, sometimes at a significant profit. Sports/Concert scalpers are even amazed at some of these price hikes. A "family friendly" game should not depend on a black market or real money transfer among players for accessibility of in game items.

One final piece of feedback, in the future it would be great if KI picks retailers that actually sell KI prepaid cards on their retail websites as a defining criteria in choosing the retail partnership.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
I've been picking cards up at Safeway, and I'm located in Hawaii. Check Safeway, Vons, and Albertson's
https://www.wizard101.com/game/prepaid-card#Safeway

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Destiny Rain on Oct 18, 2018 wrote:
I've been picking cards up at Safeway, and I'm located in Hawaii. Check Safeway, Vons, and Albertson's
https://www.wizard101.com/game/prepaid-card#Safeway
These chains are only located in 26 of the 50 total United States. Some of the states do not have any of these chains for miles. For example, there isn't a single Safeway, Vons or Alberton's anywhere in the southeast at all. There are other "drought" areas around Kentucky, Iowa and New Mexico.

On the other hand, Walmarts, Targets, Gamestops are located everywhere.