Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is this reportable?

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jun 17, 2014
This is a question and a suggestion

only because its annoying and tiring.... Wizard101 is a family friendly game designed with in mind, a peaceful and enjoyable adventure.... NOT A DATING SIMULATOR

could we ban the line of text __ needs (wants) a girl (boy) ..... From open chat too.... Or make a report button or something for it.... Because its really annoying and I'm sure everyone can agree, if they don't... They're probably the ones doing it.... If you want a girl... Get off wiz, and go outside....just ugh!

Survivor
Feb 14, 2013
I couldn't agree more, camahawk. The point of this game is to interact as a team to defeat the evil of the Spiral- not pick up "girls" or "boys".

Survivor
Nov 23, 2015
I couldn't agree more. If you want a boy or a girl, turn of Wiz and go outside and meet someone. It gets so frustrating that I don't even like hanging out in wizard city because of all the people asking for a bf/gf.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
I never go to the Commons on crowded realms unless it's to go to Hilda for potions or I'm on my way to the Pet Pavilion/Bazaar for this reason.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I agree. This is a online game (Wizard101) about defeating evil and saving the spiral NOT a dating site. If you want a girl or boy go out and meet them where they hang out. You'll have a better chance getting one .

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
I agree that there are a few things more annoying than having to "hear" pick up lines. ( Like a player trying to get you as a their "girl" or "guy". ) But these players aren't breaking TOS, UNLESS they are "sexting/harassing sexually" other players. Just click "Ignore" or change realms for peace from the "dating game"

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
While I find it totally cringe-worthy I don't think it should be banned. Obviously anything overtly inappropriate should (and is) reportable but the simple innocence of kids wanting a boy/girl is so natural a part of human interaction it will happen where any group of people come together.

Many, many....many years ago (rofl) I was 5 years old and had my first 'boyfriend'. Ah the lovely Philip was so wonderful and we'd skip around the playground holding hands and play 'mums and dads' Teachers and parents etc saw it as 'cute' and Phil and I (many decades on) still joke about it on occasion lol. It wasn't a big deal and wasn't inappropriate, it was normal....by the time I was 10 I'd moved on to Kieran who had the privilege of sitting with us on the playing field being taught the art of daisy-chain-making haha....poor lad!

Obviously the kids playing Wiz are a bit older but the 'playing at being grown-up' is a normal part of growing up and as long as it is innocent I don't think it needs a blanket ban. Anything beyond innocent play IS reportable and does carry the possibility of sanctions.

I expect we'll be cringing over the 'I need a boy/girl' kids for the foreseeable future lol

PS. It should be noted that the biggest warning in this post is that poor Phil and Kieran both ended up forfeiting their play time to do what I wanted to do, not what they wanted! That's probably the biggest risk...if you want to go questing but your boy/girl doesn't you should probably find some questing buddies instead, play the game, level up and enjoy the Spiral!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
anecorbie on Jun 12, 2018 wrote:
I agree that there are a few things more annoying than having to "hear" pick up lines. ( Like a player trying to get you as a their "girl" or "guy". ) But these players aren't breaking TOS, UNLESS they are "sexting/harassing sexually" other players. Just click "Ignore" or change realms for peace from the "dating game"
Sorry but your last two words conjured up an image I just had to share.

*Bob Eubanks voice* (for the younger wizards, Bob Eubanks was a game show host 60s-90s)
"Today's eligible bachlorette is a young sorceress from Avalon, Let's say hello to Mindy Misthaven. She'll be choosing among the three young bachelors vying for her attention."

Wizard #1 is a young adventure hailing from the burning sands of Krokotopia.

Wizard #2 is a shy young Theurgist hailing from Mooshu.

and Wizard #3 is a brash young Pyromancer from Marleybone.

There now the image is no longer locked within the confines of my brain. I have unleashed it on all you.

Steven Ghoststalker

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Area51Alien on Jun 13, 2018 wrote:
Sorry but your last two words conjured up an image I just had to share.

*Bob Eubanks voice* (for the younger wizards, Bob Eubanks was a game show host 60s-90s)
"Today's eligible bachlorette is a young sorceress from Avalon, Let's say hello to Mindy Misthaven. She'll be choosing among the three young bachelors vying for her attention."

Wizard #1 is a young adventure hailing from the burning sands of Krokotopia.

Wizard #2 is a shy young Theurgist hailing from Mooshu.

and Wizard #3 is a brash young Pyromancer from Marleybone.

There now the image is no longer locked within the confines of my brain. I have unleashed it on all you.

Steven Ghoststalker
"Bachelor #1, what would you consider your highest achievement?"

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
anecorbie on Jun 13, 2018 wrote:
"Bachelor #1, what would you consider your highest achievement?"
I am the Hero of Unicorn Way.