Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Introduction to Balance: The Titan War

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
On my other account, I was just playing through my recently made Sorcerer and found some rather interesting dialogue in the level 7 quest. Professor Greyrose tells us that

'the Great Raven caused the Giants to slumber and turn into the glaciers'.

So Ymir, resting in Wintertusk, wouldn't quite be the only Giant there; I think the whole place is littered with them. Which gives a strangely terrifying perspective to the world. Then Boris Tallstaff, while talking about the Tritons says

'If Bartleby had not stopped them, well, there wouldn't be any Fire School'.

So Raven stopped the Giants, but Tree stopped the Tritons. As we first meet Raven in Wintertusk while searching for Ymir, it's rather plausable that there could be some Tritons nearby Wizard City. And lastly, Regina Flametalon says

'Before the Dragons could destroy the Giants by melting them into the sea, the Great Tree and Great Raven put them into a magical slumber'.

Now this doesn't tell us much, except that the Dragons were put to sleep before they could win the war. I think this is crucial when thinking about the Titan War. Since both Raven and Tree put the Dragons to sleep, and before they melted the Giants into the sea, I think that the Dragons would have won the Titan War. But since they were proving too dangerous, Bartleby & Nightstar put them to sleep before the Tritons or Giants. Therefore, the Dragons were the first to lose the Titan War. Now from the quest 'The Trees', Bernie only makes this clearer in saying

'the Dragons created the Magic of Pyromancy... But alas, it was not enough to save them'.

Also in that quest, Torrence tells us that

'But, sadly, it was not enough. They lost the war and their noble Art was all but forgotten... until recently'

So this tells us that the Tritons also lost the war. Which means they would've been stopped by Bartleby after the Dragons but before the Giants. To be more sure that the Dragons fell first, I look back at Boris Tallstaff's speech in Introduction to Balance about there not being 'any Fire School'. But he never says anything about the Tritons fighting the Dragons to defeat, besides 'the Tritons practically drowned all the Dragons'. Which isn't necessarily a loss. I think the Tritons were revelling in their enemies' defeat and destroying the Dragons' land when Bartleby stopped them. But I don't think they were stopped soon enough, I think the Tritons razing the FirstWorld that was once the Dragons' broke it; I think the Tritons shattered the FirstWorld.

Which leaves us with the Giants. Once the Dragons and Tritons were asleep, Raven went to the Giants, likely to inform them and have the Giants live peacefully with Bartleby & herself. But that was not the case clearly, as the Giants had to not only be put into slumbers, but also turned into glaciers as a second defence. Except Ymir, possibly the strongest of them, who could not be transfigured, only put into a deep sleep.

What do you guys think? Valid? Too far? Leave your own thoughts.